Home

SWG, or WOW

Daft Adidas

SWG or Wow?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. SWG or Wow?

• Star Wars Galaxies
    • World of Warcraft

i agree with you there. i would probably be into WoW though, if i had played the warcraft games years before the game came out, it just doesn't hold my interest for some reason, i dunno it's probably the lack of speeders and ranged weapons.

As onse of you stated in the posts above:

Start SWG = better then WoW

and WoW = better then current SWG

imo

i never played MMO's before SWG and when it came out there was so much to do ... to work for... to discover. making a guild. cities. crafting your own stuff that was SO much better then what you looted anywhere.

they screwed that up imo

and wow is fun... balanced... PVP ownz there. its crap that the best stuff is looted cause it causes you millions of hours of grinding to get it.. and by the time players like me get the good stuff a new expansion comes where the green stuff is better then the purple (yeah thats right. i grinded hours and hours in PVP for my epic gear and at level 62 i changed it all in for green stuff) but all and all WOW has a nice warcraft feel and i love playing and PVP-ing with my friends *waves to tebra and jan :p:D

As onse of you stated in the posts above:

Start SWG = better then WoW

and WoW = better then current SWG

imo

i never played MMO's before SWG and when it came out there was so much to do ... to work for... to discover. making a guild. cities. crafting your own stuff that was SO much better then what you looted anywhere.

they screwed that up imo

It's not an opinion, Corzip, it's a fact! :D

I started playing MMOs when Everquest was released, I played that until they started to ruin it. THen I started playing EQ2 for about a month, got bored with it. When I started playing SWG I was in love cause I had finally found a game I had fun playing. I had to close all my accounts for a long time till a friend got me hooked on WoW.

I have been playing WoW for about a year but wanted to start my SWG account back up. I finally get logged back in and find that the devs had ruined it.

Fire them and get some new ones please.

Anyway, like everyone is saying, my vote is old SWG > WoW > current SWG

Well, SWG is going downhill, mainly due to the fault on Sony and what not. But it seems trhat they are trying to fix it now. Personally I likw the game before nge obviously, something only found in some unofficial servers.

WoW, it still feels like warcraft. And people are more active there. Sure there is a problem with the boredom during low level, but oh well.

The main difference? The development team. WoW team seems to care more about what the PLAYERS need, and SWG team, they just don't care less(or as some say, sony is bad at caring about anyone but the $$$).

• 2 weeks later...
I've played both. Blizzard know how to manage WoW but I didnt like it. Galaxies, well...its on lift support and have a bunch of devs who probably havent even seen a Star Wars film....ever!

DMUK

To hell with the movies, the Devs need to read the dam books. Better yet, they need to read Dune, then roll back the servers to scratch, leave jedi on killable, and make the devs play wow for 3 months straight with no sleep so they despise EVERYTHING about wow before you let them back at the SWG code.

Don't get me wrong, wow, does have some dam good points to it, but those points are NOT good for swg.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived