Home

KotOR III Online???

Master Zionosis

Should KotOR 3 be Online?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should KotOR 3 be Online?

• Online and Offline (Both)

As much as I want the current version of SWG to shutdown and be replaced by a new SW mmo, I want Kotor 3 [whenever it comes out] to remain as a RPG [offline] game.

Silentscope put it best -

In an MMO, you are one of a million Players. You are unimportant. Bah! I want to be important!

Now I would love to see a new SW mmo in the NJO or anything post ep 6 so they don't have to "follow" the movie timeline [i use quotes because SWG currently follows no time-line and is supposed be between 4 and 5 if memory serves].

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that want both online and good SP game. As Darth333 pointed out there is no way you can have both. Game developers have both limited time and resources to get the game out the door.

A good point is the Neverwinter Nights series. The original campaign for NWN 1 was ok but the toolset for creating Persistent Worlds-User Created Modules was very good. This is why most people play NWN 1 SP campaign prefer the two expansion packs over the OC.

In the case of NWN 2 the story is fairly good. However the toolset leaves something to be desired.

What the crap? :indif:No.

I am totally with you.

As for the online player and realism thing, yes everyone knows its not going to happen. Well unless you are doing it like NWN style, meaning that you can make maps and host. If that is the case then I am all for it.

IN ADDITIONAL TO THE REGULAR GAME!!! I would suggest a NON MMO online play, meaning that you can run around as a Jedi in a game created by a DM, and he is going to run the game. Yes its NWN like, and yes servers may vary. But there can be servers that are actually roleplaying, as well as hack n slash ones, or even stupid ones where people just hang out trolling spamming and /b/tarding.

i think online and off line like the mini games can be online so who ever is playing can verse other people in the Kotor games instead of just verseing the computer we have it in empire earth games when if there is a challange going the people that has been picked goes to the sight then who ever wins get there choice in prizes and as for the main game i think offline

i think part of the main game could be on line, like a large swapmeat where players can trade, buy, or sell items. there could also be merchants with updated invantories of new items. this would not efect the main game but would make it more interesting by adding more options and new stuff. maby even buy new maps or official mods etc.

Online Co-Op, but no more than that. Only parts of the game that do not focus heavily on Story, too. Maybe just side quests, or maybe certain quests can only be completed by two people (online or off).

The Cantina is a good idea. Any next gen game has to have some form of online, even if it is just a good stream of DL content.

Well, I see it like this: The ENTIER CAMPAIGN game itself is completely offline.

Cause it would be extremely dumb to see a bunch of Revan/Rxile/(whatever the new name is) trading with each other... NO.

But there should be online capable game where you can just go adventure with other people as a newly made character with one person hosting a game. Like a small time Jedi/Sith/bountyhunter. Then there is no server needed and the content would depend on individual game-master... would help modding also.

Minigame can be online.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok heres my opinion. I think the game could be online in a different way, like a free for all Star Wars Galaxies style way, as in skills and dueling and chating and stuff, that would be alright insted of the actual game story taking place online, that would be stupid. Pehaps if it had a compatibilty like the upcoming game Huxley, where players over Xbox Live can join PC players online.

Just keep it like the other KOTOR games, do not turn it into another SWG.

QFE

I have nothing against online games, but honestly, if I were that interested in them, I would by playing Galaxies instead of KotOR.

I don't understand why people want KotOR to be online. If you like MMORPGs, then Galaxies is right there - you can get it whenever you want. Liking that sort of thing is perfectly fine and reasonable. They just don't attract me so much.

KotOR is an intense plot-driven single-player experience, and it works as such. If you like KotOR, then why would you want to change that? And if you don't like KotOR as it is, then why would you care?

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

You know, i have spoken to loads of people and they all think that Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic III should be online, like star wars Galaxies, but better, sort of WoW mixed with galaxies with a bit of phantasy star as well, i think that this would be wicked, not only online, but off line as well, so everyone who doesn't have the internet can play it as well, i think it would be way cool to be able to run around as your character in the old republic, and buy houses and stuff. What do you think?

No. No, no no no no no no no.

In case I wasn't clear enough: NO.

All the rest has been said. MMORPGs are a completely different type of game. By all means, go and find one you like, but the strength of KOTOR and TSL was the storyline. You can't do that online. You just can't. If you want to talk to people, get on a forum. If you want a truly awesome story experience, it HAS to be single player. Even if it was perfectly (somehow) crafted for online use, it would fill up with morons. This comic sums up but one of the problems it would face.

Archived