Master Zionosis

Should KotOR 3 be Online?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should KotOR 3 be Online?

• Online and Offline (Both)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One reason I really don't want to get into the online stuff is the community. While we're on the subject of comics, here's Penny Arcade's (cleaned up :)) reason why. Note, though I cleaned up the language, you can still get the idea, don't go there if you're offended by curse words.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Olympianpirate/20040319h.jpg

The community would be horrible even if they made it a great online game. The story and the party would also be sacrificed. There are lots of MMO's out there, and even Guild Wars if you want to stay single player a little. In conclusion, no. No. There are other games accomplishing what KotOR can't do.

I'm saying the game shouldn't have online to be forced upon the players.

Besides, why do you want online? What do you get? Some measly exploration with a few people...for what? In order to get the game out at a reasonable time, they have to work to add the multiplayer component which is no easy task. This means sacrificing storyline in favor of a weak multiplayer component, required or not.

You lose party backstory since instead of adventuring with a party you'd opt to adventure with other players. Thanks, but no thanks. And a sheltered world? I play KotOR because it's a nice escape from the online environments - it's a story driven rpg. I play WoW and guild wars, no single player components there (arguable in GW though). Those games, though with a loose storyline (GW has a much stricter storyline, but it's designed a bit differently than KotOR) aren't character and story driven.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Archived