Home

Learning the force technics...

AJL

In both Kotors all the force techniques are available/known from the

start and you can freely spend your points on them as you choose...

Wouldn't it be better if you would have to discover them first before

you can start spending your force points on them... ??

To learn about master level Jedi techniques you would have to hack

into some Jedi archives and to learn about some Sith techniques you

would have to find some Sith holocrons for example...

TSL already did a good job on that. Keep the force powers for level ups, but there should be some unique powers that can be unlocked through dialog or other things.

Kreia could teach you a trick, Addon and Brianna and Visas could teach you feats as well.

Just add a few more of those in Kotor III and I'm happy.

I think leveling up = new powers' a poor solution. In life you learn things not only through experience most of the knowledge is passed on to you (driving, cooking, speaking, writing....) In KoTOR III when you level up you should get better at something you already know, but it would be far more interesting if you learned your techniques through Jedi/Sith masters or holocrons. It would add replayable value to the game and with the right combinations you could unlock cool powers or feats. It would also make exploring something to look forward instead of a med pack or a useless shield you could find stuff that would actually help your character to progress.

I think leveling up = new powers' a poor solution. In life you learn things not only through experience most of the knowledge is passed on to you (driving, cooking, speaking, writing....) In KoTOR III when you level up you should get better at something you already know, but it would be far more interesting if you learned your techniques through Jedi/Sith masters or holocrons. It would add replayable value to the game and with the right combinations you could unlock cool powers or feats. It would also make exploring something to look forward instead of a med pack or a useless shield you could find stuff that would actually help your character to progress.

Well, what is the point of gaining Levels then without power? I prefer the origianl system of gaining most powers through leveling up, but the most powerful "powers" has to be unlocked. And since some powers are "upgrades", you can RP it as being more powerful as beings.

For example, orignally, you were able to unlock Force Crush and Force Enlightnment from a holocron that Disciple (of all people) was able to gather and decode for you. They changed it early in development, meaning it won't be in TSLRP, but I hope you are able to do something similar to that (and don't cut it) for K3.

"Well, what is the point of gaining Levels then without power? I prefer the origianl system of gaining most powers through leveling up, but the most powerful "powers" has to be unlocked. And since some powers are "upgrades", you can RP it as being more powerful as beings."

You could increase the power level of the feats/powers you already have available. Your party members can contribute early on to define your initial skills. It would make the process more real. It just feels like shopping to me: "Last time I took force lightning, now I'll take choke, it'll go nicely with a bit of force heal on the side". Most times you have no particular reason why you have ability A or B in a determined part of the game. You can start straight away with lightning for example when your background is suppose to be LS.

You could increase the power level of the feats/powers you already have available. Your party members can contribute early on to define your initial skills. It would make the process more real. It just feels like shopping to me: "Last time I took force lightning, now I'll take choke, it'll go nicely with a bit of force heal on the side". Most times you have no particular reason why you have ability A or B in a determined part of the game. You can start straight away with lightning for example when your background is suppose to be LS.

Well, to me, you don't really train in the Force that much. You just have it naturally flow through you and that you "Suddenly Know!" (Horray for the Will of the Force). But, I can understand your point.

And, I doubt a LS Character would start with lighting. It doesn't make a good build, since it cost lots of FPs...unless the person has high Charisma (...how come charisma allows you to use force powers from the other side, I may never know). The possiblity he could is somewhat bad, but there is a d20 mod that rescrits your ability to get LS Force Powers if you are DS, and vice versa...by having those powers be so expensive if you are of the oppositie alignment that they are useless. :)

I'm normally grey and tend to choose a high personality because of the FPS cost so I normally have powers from both sides. The so called neutral powers aren't worth investing in most cases. Lightsaber throw for example, a nearly unstoppable tecnique in Jedi Knights, in KotOR just a nice parlor trick.

...unless the person has high Charisma (...how come charisma allows you to use force powers from the other side, I may never know). The possiblity he could is somewhat bad, but there is a d20 mod that rescrits your ability to get LS Force Powers if you are DS, and vice versa...by having those powers be so expensive if you are of the oppositie alignment that they are useless. :)

And how come strength improves your attack damage when fighting with lightsabers? :) Lightsaber duelists do not rely on strength to cause damage, unlike sword fighters.

But I agree... Charisma should rather be something like Willpower.

Anyway, personally I like the option to learn lightning as a Lightsider and I always learn force lightning, no matter what my alignement is. If you prefer to play "pure" lightsiders that always take the "right" path you can stick to lightside power ofc...

I just never do that =)

Archived