Home

A few unanswered question! *

DrPhil2501

*SPOILER WARNING!!!*

I thought that we could discuss a few problems that need to be solved about the Monkey Island Games.

First of all: The story about Captain Marley!

In games 2 and 3, they say that he was racing his boat on the coast of America, after being pushed in a freakish whirlpool by LeChuck.

But according to number 4, Herman Toothrot (Marley) says that Ozzie Mandrel was the one that puched his boat in the whirlpool.

So... what the heck?

(There will be other questions later)

There is probably a reason why you weren't answered right away, and double-posting is highly frowned upon. Also, we have a special forum for Monkey Island discussion.

And for the record, it was to be assumed that LeChuck and Ozzy were working together even as far back as that, so it really doesn't matter who pushed who. Not to mention the fact that LucasArts doesn't seem to give a crap about the maintaining a canon storyline, and nor do we.

You're unlikely to get much of a response as issues such as the Herman continuity error have been discussed a gazillion times in this forum. If you do a search through past threads you're sure to find at least a few large ones based on it.

Monkey Island discussion is awesome and all, but go for something that's a bit less obvious. :D

Presumably it was in Australia, as HT himself said that. Then again, it could have been America. Of course, let's not rule out the possibility of it being Australia, but it COULD have been America. On the other hand, Australia is also where is could have been. Not ruling out the possibility that it was America, it probably was Australia. From another point of view, though, we see that it was clearly not Australia, it was America. Abandoning that point of view for a moment, though, let's say, for the sake of argument that it WAS Australia. Even now, it seems more likely that it was America. Or Australia, let's not foget that fine candidate.

I think that about concludes your question.

A good and reasonable answer.

And by the way...

Gee.. :rolleyes: now he's doing it again. This has been discussed a gazibillion times already. Did nobody tell you? Just let it go, m'kay?

At first earlier on, I thought that you guys wanted me to "stay on topic".

It appears I have been proven wrong.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME, GOOD PEOPLE? ME GOING INSANE!!!

Archived