Home

The Official Star Wars: Force Unleashed Thread

Monkey Mania

actually she has 2 different deaths here.. so her in this game post ROTS is still inconceivable...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaak_Ti

Gah! You unloaded a wikipedia article on me and one with unsurprisingly little in the way of supporting authoritative sources to boot. I'm done for. :smirk2: The Star Wars databank article for Shaak Ti does indicate that it is believed she died in the Jedi Temple when Vader and the 501st attacked.

I dunno Nalukai. I guess you'll just have to play the game when it comes out to see what role Shaak Ti has in the game. Maybe she will appear as a Force ghost. Who knows? :giveup:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gah! You unloaded a wikipedia article on me and one with unsurprisingly little in the way of supporting authoritative sources to boot. I'm done for. :smirk2: The Star Wars databank article for Shaak Ti does indicate that it is believed she died in the Jedi Temple when Vader and the 501st attacked.

I dunno Nalukai. I guess you'll just have to play the game when it comes out to see what role Shaak Ti has in the game. Maybe she will appear as a Force ghost. Who knows? :giveup:

LOL .... ya got me....<goes down for the count> hehe...

But Lucasarts are good at mediocre things.

The combat in The Force Unleash better be >= to the combat in Ep III:ROTS: The combat and lightsaber combat better be greater than the combat in ROTS or equal in value to the combat feature in Ep. III the game.

Or, this game will be headed to the trash compactor, as the worst Jedi game yet.

A disappointment it will be!

Focus on Force powers only not; combat with lighsabers also.

I'm sure that many Jedi fans out there don't want to only use the powers of Force in combat, but also the lightsaber, especially with the great anticipation of seeing the Euphoria AI engine in action.

Well, with the anticipation I have. :)

The combat in The Force Unleash better be >= to the combat in Ep III:ROTS: The combat and lightsaber combat better be greater than the combat in ROTS or equal in value to the combat feature in Ep. III the game.

I agree. I hope for a game (maybe not TFU) that's nearly entirely based around the "art" of lightsaber combat. Fluid animations, movie style and brand new stances and strikes. From epic saber locks to simply seeing the light of the saber flood and reflect off the environment as it ignites.

I want to see the greatest weapon of any movie, game, or book get the attention it deserves. Not to say that force powers or the storyline should be ignored, but let's face it, in the end we all just want to cut things in half with a blade made entirely out of energy.

Let's see the evolution of lightsaber combat in a game (and then bring that game to the PC as well).

I would gladly use all of these cool force powers a couple of times on whoever decided to release the game on those wimpy consoles and not the PC. I also feel bad for the Wii people out there; but snobbing us PC users over the single interesting Star Wars release since KotOR? That stinks.

I agree. I hope for a game (maybe not TFU) that's nearly entirely based around the "art" of lightsaber combat. Fluid animations, movie style and brand new stances and strikes. From epic saber locks to simply seeing the light of the saber flood and reflect off the environment as it ignites.

I want to see the greatest weapon of any movie, game, or book get the attention it deserves. Not to say that force powers or the storyline should be ignored, but let's face it, in the end we all just want to cut things in half with a blade made entirely out of energy.

Let's see the evolution of lightsaber combat in a game (and then bring that game to the PC as well).

Yes, maybe TFU; focus on lightsaber combat and Force powers.

• 2 weeks later...

DELAYED TO 2008!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167058.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Anyway, here's a cool screenshot.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/770/770534/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070305081343049.jpg

Please don't use image tags on pictures that will drastically stretch the screen ~ET

:eyeraise: Delayed to 2008? Already? It was less than a month ago that they said November 2007.

I guess you can look at this using the "glass half full" or "glass half empty" philosophy. I say this is a good sign that LucasArts wants to ensure this game's quality is great and is willing to deal with the egg on their collective faces now to extend the game's expected release date instead of rushing out a sub-par game to meet a deadline.

Not that I'll be playing this game if it doesn't come out for PC but that's just my two cents. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The potential Jedi that are hunted down in the game are Quinlan Vos, Ferus Olin, The Dark Woman, and Asajj Ventress. You will be able to hunt down Shaak Ti in the game. Most of the Jedi being hunted down are rumored to be from the EU.

Did I miss something? I thought Ventress died in the Clone Wars?

Hmmm... Shaak Ti seems to have some rancor lovers in a crystaline planet...

I am not sure about Vos though, I mean with his ability(and his master's) to remain hidden even from the force, his underhand tactics, his great saber skills(with some vapaad even), his cortosis gauntlet, his willingless to call unpo the darkside to save his crew... and chances are he would be living happily with his old master Tholme the ninja jedi and maybe even Tholme's homegirl... I personally would avoid the whole Vos thing, he would be better in his own series.

As for Dar Woman, I though she is supposed to be Vader's target?

I would love to see the fight with ventress. That would be one nasty fight. Ferus Olin is also expacted.

Who is this Maris Brood girl?

OH, TO -VE SUN: You need to read the end of "Obsession" She got away.

Archived