Home

PC vs Mac - You decide.

Carlo El Sanchez

Pc vs Mac  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Pc vs Mac

• PC
    • Mac

Im sure this topic on the legendary debate has been done before. But here it is again anyway! what do think is better PC or Mac ? despite Mac's have built in camera's and all the technology is in the monitor, i still like PC because its Microsoft and its the first proper computer i owned. Plus i think Microsoft know alot more about computers than Apple.

Definitely PC. I new a guy who had a Mac, and he straight up hated it.

I new [sic] a guy who had a life, and he straight up hated it.

Therefore, life must suck.

:p

I definitely prefer Macs, unless I'm gaming (which I don't have tons of time to do these days) Macs are more efficient and user friendly for just about everything a typical person would need, plus they are far superior when it comes to video and photo editing, which I do quite a bit of.

I will always prefer PC as I'm the build it yourself type. I go to the computer store and buy my parts and assemble my machine at my pace, kinda hard to do with a Mac. Not to mention I don't like having to take my machine to a Authorized & Licensed technician just to upgrade or have my machine fixed. However as Jmac pointed out you can run your Windows OS on a Mac which means you can run most any PC game on said Mac's Windows operating system, or at least in theory this should be the case. Of course you are going to run into games not running because of hardware incompatibility issues which frequently surface.

Me myself I bare no real Mac prejudices having operated both Mac's and PC's in my youth. Heck the first computer I ever used was an Apple IIe which was long before the Mac was ever created. Infact it wasn't untill 88' or so before we got our first PC in our home excluding our Commodore 64. Our 8088 was given to my dad by his employer to work from home which got replaced by A 386 in late 89' or so. So having access to a PC at home and Mac's at school allowed me to truly experience the differences between the 2 types of machines that isn't biased by the friend of a friend hates Mac's so I hate them too attitude many people have.

Besides without Mac's call center Tech support guys wouldn't have the ultimate punchline for tech support calls.

Guy calls in to tech support and is having all sorts of problems.

Tech support guy finally gets frustrated and asks, "Sir, do you have a child in the house?"

Guy says "Yes , I have an 8 year old daughter."

Tech Support, "Good could you put her on the phone for me please."

Daughter, "Hello?"

Tech support, "Hi little Suzie, can you help me help your daddy please?"

Daughter, "Sure."

Tech support, "Yes can you have your daddy package back up the computer and take it back to the store and trade it in for a Mac."

Daughter, "Yeah, but why?"

Tech support, "Because Mac's are computers for stupid..... Err, Mommies and Daddies that don't understand computers."

All of that said I wish Amiga would rise like A Phoenix as they were far ahead of both Mac's and PC's. My college roommate back in 95' had one of there last series of machine that had Amiga's OS, DOS(win3.1), UNIX, and Mac's latest OS at that time. Also you didn't store the OS on the Hard drive like you would with a standard PC instead the OS was wrote to a ROM chip on the motherboard. Also the motherboard supported upto 6 of these ROM chips, allowing you to have multiple OS's. The Amiga also possesed another unique feature allowing you to partition your RAM and create a RAM drive, or you could unpartition this space on the fly and allocate hard drive space as RAM. This RAM drive partitioning was prior to Win 95 and virtual memory, and unlike virtual memory it actually performed at the speed of physical memory when using the Hard drive space. So now the kicker if the Amiga was such a great machine why isn't it still around? Because of poor marketting and mismanagement at the time Amiga almost went 100% bellyup.

Archived