Home

Star Wars 07 - The Force Unleashed

jonathan7

I believe it is only on the PS3 and 360, but I suppose many people will still use their PS2 (Like me at the moment) and the Xbox, so they may port it to them and possibly port it to PC. Games for me are better on Consoles, because you don't have to install them or worry about them crashing, but I'm going off-topic.

Edit: The game engine for Force Unleashed is also being used for the Indiana Jones 2007 game, which I also want to get, if I get a PS3.

Edit 2: The disappointing thing is that Force Unleashed won't be released until November this year, but let's not LucasArts rush themselves or the developers and by the looks of it, you'll have to play as a male character (But, it might be for canon reasons) who doesn't have a name yet. Read the link in my last post to read more.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe it is only on the PS3 and 360, but I suppose many people will still use their PS2 (Like me at the moment) and the Xbox, so they may port it to them and possibly port it to PC. Games for me are better on Consoles, because you don't have to install them or worry about them crashing, but I'm going off-topic.

Edit: The game engine for Force Unleashed is also being used for the Indiana Jones 2007 game, which I also want to get, if I get a PS3.

Edit 2: The disappointing thing is that Force Unleashed won't be released until November this year, but let's not LucasArts rush themselves or the developers and by the looks of it, you'll have to play as a male character (But, it might be for canon reasons) who doesn't have a name yet. Read the link in my last post to read more.

I can believe that it only on the latest gen of consoles. That is what the manufactures are trying to push. I just wish the game would come out on the PC with out being a straight port.

All I'm interested in is how that appercinate is going to be wiped out. I mean, he's a secret appercinate, and sooner or later, Vader and him will have to confront and murder off Palpatine, and once that happens, we get into Infinites territory. I also would be laughing at what would happen when Luke and Secret Apperciante battle each other, as we all know that Vader prefers Luke over whomever this Secret Person can be.

I also wonder of an alignment issue. Since, usually, the LS path is considered canon, it can be possible that you can become "redeemed" at the end of the game, and then turn on Vader. This will fit into the canon without causing for any sort of messy things.

Then again, helping Vader kill off the Emproer after murdering the Last of the Jedi would be mucho fun. I'll play the game just for that, forget about graphics! :)

Some of the characters look cool though. Like the samurai dude.
:lol: Yeah. I thought the same thing. "Cool, a Jedi samurai." :D

Me likey his armor too. Reminds me of someone's KotOR mod. :brow:

But blast! Another console exclusive game that looks like it will be awesome. Between this game and Mass Effect my loyalties to the PC platform are being sorely tested. :nut:

that site will look nice once they put up some more content. But what is with that picture? A guy with dual blue sabers? I thought you were Vader's apprentice?

Have we nailed down if this game will be straight action (like JK2) or RPG/action (like KotOR) yet? Maybe if it's more like KotOR you might be able adjust your alignment through in-game actions? hmm. I was looking forward to playing a Star Wars game that focuses on being evil (or mostly evil) all the way through. guess we'll just have to wait and see...

From the site:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

The Star Wars saga continues this November in Star Wars: The Force

Unleashed, a videogame developed by LucasArts, which casts players as

Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice" and promises to unveil new revelations

about the Star Wars galaxy. The expansive story, created under direction

from George Lucas, is set during the largely unexplored era between Star

Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New

Hope. In it, players will assist the iconic villain in his quest to rid the

universe of Jedi - and face decisions that could change the course of their

destiny.

As its name implies, The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope

and scale of the Force by taking full advantage of newly developed

technologies that will be seen and experienced for the first time: Digital

Molecular Matter (DMM), by Pixelux Entertainment, and euphoria by

NaturalMotion Ltd. Paired with the powerful Havok Physics™ system, these

new technologies create gameplay only possible on the new generation of

consoles. DMM incorporates the physical properties of anything in the

environment so that everything reacts exactly like it should - wood breaks

like wood, glass shatters like glass, plants on the planet Felucia bend like

plants on the planet Felucia would, and more. Meanwhile, as a revolutionary

behavioral-simulation engine, euphoria enables interactive characters to

move, act and even think like actual human beings, adapting their behavior

on the fly and resulting in a different payoff every single time.

Features

During the period between Episodes III and IV, players hunt Jedi in the role

of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice.

Unleash and upgrade the Secret Apprentice's four core Force powers - Force

push, grip, repulse and lightning - throughout the course of the game, and

combine them for ultra-destructive, never-before-seen combos.

Examples of unleashing the Force in ways never thought possible:

The Secret Apprentice won't just Force push enemies into

walls - he'll Force push enemies through walls.

The Secret Apprentice won't just Force grip foes to throw them

aside - he'll Force grip them in midair, zap them with lightning,

then drop them to the ground to explode like a bomb.

In addition to new adversaries created just for the game, such as fugitive

Jedi and Force-sensitive Felucians, players will also confront and associate

with familiar faces from the Star Wars films, including Darth Vader.

Drool........

This lovely new engine they have made. Does anyone really think Lucasarts will just make one game with it and call it a day? Im thinking we can certainly expect one or two more game announcements. Maybe not in the immediate future but il bet the games feature this engine :D

What are the chances of this game being ported to the PC?

With DX10 on the rise? I would say very high!

Nice info there deathdisco!!!

This site has just gone online... http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

Edit: Wow just checked that out it looks cool...Anyone noticed these lightsabers?

Oops I can't show it here cause of copyright or something probably, so just go and look at picture 11 from the image section of that site!

That is very cool! Looks like truncheon lightsaber or something!

Me likey his armor too. Reminds me of someone's KotOR mod. :brow:
Actually, I was thinking of doing a specific TSL mod for him. :)

Have we nailed down if this game will be straight action (like JK2) or RPG/action (like KotOR) yet? Maybe if it's more like KotOR you might be able adjust your alignment through in-game actions? hmm.
Sounds like FPS/TPS JO type game. I doubt there will be any more RPG elements than are in those games (assigning points to powers, etc.)

I was looking forward to playing a Star Wars game that focuses on being evil (or mostly evil) all the way through. guess we'll just have to wait and see...
IT is definitely a different direction. Nice to see them doing something a bit off the beaten path.

What are the chances of this game being ported to the PC?
Knowing Lucasarts, I would say slim to none.

That is very cool! Looks like truncheon lightsaber or something!
Bah! Gimics I say!!

This lovely new engine they have made. Does anyone really think Lucasarts will just make one game with it and call it a day? Im thinking we can certainly expect one or two more game announcements. Maybe not in the immediate future but il bet the games feature this engine :D

Well this "secret project" they have going on with Free Radical could quite possibly be Battlefront III, and that would pretty freakin' sweet if they used this same engine with that. Of course, they would have to come to their senses and release it for PC as well or I might just go out of my mind. :xp:

This game seems to be very neat indeed...Vader is one of the coolest villains ever, and being his apprentice could be very cool indeed. :)

But...there's one thing I don't get.

The PC community is screaming for Star Wars games. The last nice action games we got were JK:JA, Battlefront and Kotor 2.

LA now makes a cool new game, Force Unleashed, and ONLY brings it to the X-Box 360, Platstation 3, Playstation 2 and Nintendo DS. With all the respect...the playstation 2 is 7 years old. It's quit an insult to the PC community to port the game to the PS2, and not bring it to the PC, while we are dying to have it.

With the new Direct X 10, dual-core processors and all, I'm positive the game could be run on PC's. Hell, they can port it to the Platstation 2!

Furthermore, if they'd make it for the PC in the first place, many more elements could have put in. Only focussing on the next-gens is, in my opinion, a darn shame. :(

This game seems to be very neat indeed...Vader is one of the coolest villains ever, and being his apprentice could be very cool indeed. :)

But...there's one thing I don't get.

The PC community is screaming for Star Wars games. The last nice action games we got were JK:JA, Battlefront and Kotor 2.

LA now makes a cool new game, Force Unleashed, and ONLY brings it to the X-Box 360, Platstation 3, Playstation 2 and Nintendo DS. With all the respect...the playstation 2 is 7 years old. It's quit an insult to the PC community to port the game to the PS2, and not bring it to the PC, while we are dying to have it.

With the new Direct X 10, dual-core processors and all, I'm positive the game could be run on PC's. Hell, they can port it to the Platstation 2!

Furthermore, if they'd make it for the PC in the first place, many more elements could have put in. Only focussing on the next-gens is, in my opinion, a darn shame. :(

Sadly, LA doesn't think PC version would be worth it. They see more money being made with the console version. And LA cares about nothing but money. There are a number of fans whinning in the offical LA forums, pleading them to release a PC version, but it's not like LA reads the forum. :D

Sadly, LA doesn't think PC version would be worth it. They see more money being made with the console version. And LA cares about nothing but money. There are a number of fans whinning in the offical LA forums, pleading them to release a PC version, but it's not like LA reads the forum. :D
When they make 80-90% of their profits from cosoles, who can blame them?

LA now makes a cool new game, Force Unleashed, and ONLY brings it to the X-Box 360, Platstation 3, Playstation 2

It's coming out on PS2? how the hell do they plan to cram all these fancy new physics techniques into a system nearly 7 years old? not that i'm complaining. If it's not coming out for PC, then most likely the PS2 will be my only way of getting it :p

Archived