Home

Star Wars 07 - The Force Unleashed

jonathan7

its coming out for the PSP too...

EDIT:

Vader's Apprentice:

SecretApprentice.jpg

Nice pic. I'll admit, i'm not too fond of that red cape lining, looks like a cheap Dracula rip-off, and i think the armour needs to be 'sharper' if you see what i mean. Looks strange at the moment. Still, looking good so far.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look of him. I think the game looks and sounds awesome from the little detail and the pre-vis video we've seen. Definitely something I'm looking forward to.

I don't currently have an Xbox360, but I think by fall I will have one in my possession. ;)

Actually, I was thinking of doing a specific TSL mod for him.
Booyah! That would be suh-weet indeed. :drool1:

What are the chances of this game being ported to the PC?

Knowing Lucasarts, I would say slim to none.
Awww, come on! This is the NEW LucasArts we're talking about. ;)gotta work at keeping hope alive...

Sounds like FPS/TPS JO type game. I doubt there will be any more RPG elements than are in those games (assigning points to powers, etc.)
At first glance it does seem like TFU will be in the same vein as JO/JA when it comes to RPG elements but this statement on the LucasArts website makes me wonder if the RPG aspects won't be kicked up a notch from JO/JA levels.

Decisions made by players throughout the game will determine the path of the story, including multiple endings that will rock Star Wars continuity as they know it.

Sadly, LA doesn't think PC version would be worth it.
Probably true. I for one think this is a transition year for PC's with the advent of Windows Vista and quad-core CPU's. IMO it's not a real good time to release a PC game with all the changes going on.

It's coming out on PS2? how the hell do they plan to cram all these fancy new physics techniques into a system nearly 7 years old?
Yeah. Me too. I really wonder how the PS 2 version of the game will compare to the PS 3 version. I can't see how it will be the same quality on the PS 2.

Yeah. Me too. I really wonder how the PS 2 version of the game will compare to the PS 3 version. I can't see how it will be the same quality on the PS 2.

It'll be like playing KotOR on a 10 year old PC with all the graphic elements turned off or at their lowest setting, but at least the fun's there![/sarcasm]

When they make 80-90% of their profits from cosoles, who can blame them?

Where are you getting those numbers from?

Anyway, unless they decide not to release KOTOR III for PC, i don't really care. :D This game doesn't look that interesting anyway. It looks like a game with too much action, and not enough dialoge.

Anyway, unless they decide not to release KOTOR III for PC, i don't really care. :D This game doesn't look that interesting anyway. It looks like a game with too much action, and not enough dialoge.

And your point here is...?

And you don't even know that, it said the storyline will include multiple endings, so surely the game must have a few forms of dialogue or events in which you can choose your own path.

I don't have a link handy, but I remember Bioware saying that 80% of their KOTOR sales came on the XBox.

That is comparable to the general trend. In December console game sales topped $1.7 billion. Portable game sales for the month were over $520 million. For the year console games sold $4.8 billion and portable games $1.7 billion for a total of $6.5 billion, trending up.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164101.html

The PC? $970 million for the year. So that only equals about 15% of console sales. Hell, consoles sold more in December than PCs sold for the whole year. PC games aren't even competing with portable sales.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164433.html

So what does Lucasarts focus on? Portable and console games. Like I said, can you blame them?

It isn't Lucasarts abandoning PC games, it's the players.

I don't have a link handy, but I remember Bioware saying that 80% of their KOTOR sales came on the XBox.

That is comparable to the general trend. In December console game sales topped $1.7 billion. Portable game sales for the month were over $520 million. For the year console games sold $4.8 billion and portable games $1.7 billion for a total of $6.5 billion, trending up.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164101.html

The PC? $970 million for the year. So that only equals about 15% of console sales. Hell, consoles sold more in December than PCs sold for the whole year. PC games aren't even competing with portable sales.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164433.html

So what does Lucasarts focus on? Portable and console games. Like I said, can you blame them?

It isn't Lucasarts abandoning PC games, it's the players.

That may be so. But how many consoles are there...x360, PS3, PS2, xbox, GC, Nintendo, DC, Wii. So, plenty. I'm pretty sure a PC version of this game would bring LA enough money to justify the cost of porting it (come on, it's coming out on consoles, most people forgot they exist already). Not to mention the fact that a lot of PC players are playing LA games... the success of a PC version of Unleashed is a given really.

So 80% of the sales came from X-Box?

I'm not surprised...at the time, it almost had a RPG monopoly on the X-Box. Same happened with Kameo with the release of the 360.

And old saying says: "In the land of the blind, the cyclops is king."

So that 80%...I find it logic, not a verdict for the future. At the time, it had an monopoly.

That may be so. But how many consoles are there...x360, PS3, PS2, xbox, GC, Nintendo, DC, Wii. So, plenty.
Yes, but there are the big ones, which they focus on.

I'm pretty sure a PC version of this game would bring LA enough money to justify the cost of porting it.
Why would this game be different than the others that they didn't port? And why port it when you have already achieved the vast portion of your potential sales already? Plus the cost and effort of porting digs even more into those PC profits.

(come on, it's coming out on consoles, most people forgot they exist already).
I don't know what this means.

Not to mention the fact that a lot of PC players are playing LA games...
Yes. But the point is that there aren't a lot of PC players compared to console players.

the success of a PC version of Unleashed is a given really.
Sure, but a success relative to what?

The graphics are too advanced for PC, but i guess it should be on it aswell.

lolz....I'll swap you TWO 360s for ONE of these (XFX 8800GTX OCd 768MB)

xxx.jpg

and the upcoming 8950GX2.............woosh!

Have you ever stopped to think why a whole console costs just as much as decent CPU or GPU ??

A high end PC running dual/quad core, Vista and a DX10 graphics card will shyte all over a console in any benchmark you care to run on it.... Im sure higher end DX9 based systems will do quite well too(esp with the new GPUs in them)

For an example, I suggest you look up some info about the Crytek Engine... Its only the start of what 'next gen PC' will be capable of...

As for Force Unleashed, I guess I'll get to check it out when I get my PS3(which wont be until Final Fantasy XIII is released). Shame it's not on PC, but methinks there is something bigger and nastier in store for us!!

This is a good indication that the Force unleashed will be more like the ROTS game than JO/JA - for all those JA fans yearning for more, you may(or may not) be disappointed..... still, it may be fun if the concept/physics vid is anything to go by :)

mtfbwya

Archived