Home

rant of the day

Kingzjester

You know, eventhough English is my third language, I tend to think that my knowledge of it rivals my knowledge of Serbian and transcends undoubtably mon savoir de français. Actually my knowledge of English is better than the like of 93% of this country--including the natives (that is not surprising); tests have shown so--so I know for sure that there is only 7% of SAT takers who are more proficient than I. And seeing how the educated people, including people who are being educated, are only a small percentage of the populace, I probably know more proportionately to general America than even that... Yet, not rarely does it happen that I make a complete ass of myself in the public due to my spoken language... Just yesterday, I nearly suffocated with laughter upon getting out of the library--in the same spot where only a few days before I laughed at someone else's incompetence--to the librarian who had just located The Master and Margarita in a different library, and reserved it for me, I had just said:

"Thanks you." smile.gif

------------------

moi.gif

-Yorick the King's Jester

Backfire Killed the Sly - The Adventure Game

Archived