Home

Mass Effect

HerbieZ

Could somebody please tell me...

How to kill Benzia or w/e her name is in the Research Facility on Novia or w/e it's called? I've already made it to the third wave of Geth and Asari but after that I keep dying because on the second wave I have to kill the Geth Sniper located on the other end of the walk-bridge.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to kill Benzia or w/e her name is in the Research Facility on Novia or w/e it's called? I've already made it to the third wave of Geth and Asari but after that I keep dying because on the second wave I have to kill the Geth Sniper located on the other end of the walk-bridge.

I died once during that part. On my second try, I just hid behind stuff and used more of my biotics. Just keep moving and hide behind stuff.

I think Benezia can take damage at certain times. Can't remember. After 3 or 4 waves of Asari Commandos, Benezia finally took enough damage, and I barely managed to unload my shotgun in her face.

I was a Biotic/Soldier then. No idea how well I'll fare as a straight up Soldier.

What StarWarsPhreak said plus

Don’t worry about Benezia concentrate all weapons and powers on killing the Asari Commandos and the Geth. Head to the west side of the chamber away from Benezia’s line of fire, the Asari Commandos and the Geth are deadly, but not as deadly as Benezia. Every time she calls for help, Benezia is weakened. If you are lower levels, this is difficult.

Unlike StarWarsPhreak I died about 10 times, as this was the second planet I traveled to and was a lower level. I kept going after her instead of her helpers. Slow learner as it took me nine tries to figure it out.

Well, my strategy was:

I just equip shotgun and invincibility and rush around the room, evading Benezia's attack and killing her minions (uses yours and your allies powers powers if you have them!!), on Hardcore difficulty some commando's activate their special abilities and you cannot do any damage to Benezia, I can only picture what that fight is going to be like on Insanity difficulty. I recommend taking Wrex and Williams with you, they make a good combo

Thanks for the help everybody!

I have Wrex and Liara with me and I'm a Soldier. I should probably change my class before I try completing the level. I've died literally more then 30 times haha. I got to the last wave but keep dying since I'm surrounded. I'll try changing my profession/class. THANK YOU. Also, I noticed that Geth are weak to Pistols and Shotguns for anybody else who needs help.

I had liara and garrus with me, and I was a soldier who used Assault Rifles. I just stayed put and killed the waves as they came at me, and finished off stragglers. I died the first time through, but figured out that keeping cover between you and benezia is one of the most important parts of the fight.

good luck.

I had liara and garrus with me, and I was a soldier who used Assault Rifles. I just stayed put and killed the waves as they came at me, and finished off stragglers. I died the first time through, but figured out that keeping cover between you and benezia is one of the most important parts of the fight.

good luck.

Gah. I thought there was some way to change my class but I guess not. Oh well, this is going to be hard since every time I get rushed by Commandos. and both Liara and Wrex keep dying on me

Thanks for helping all who have!

Gah. I thought there was some way to change my class but I guess not. Oh well, this is going to be hard since every time I get rushed by Commandos. and both Liara and Wrex keep dying on me

Well, Liara is weak at close combat, but just use her power until they;re gone, as for Wrex, if you have heavy armor or him equip it and let him use shotgun (use invincibility and shield boost if you have them, or barrier for Wrex and Liara) try to also boost up your weapons and use the medpack only when you're near death, because you have to wait a LONG time before using them

Well, Liara is weak at close combat, but just use her power until they;re gone, as for Wrex, if you have heavy armor or him equip it and let him use shotgun (use invincibility and shield boost if you have them, or barrier for Wrex and Liara) try to also boost up your weapons and use the medpack only when you're near death, because you have to wait a LONG time before using them

Yeah I'm pretty screwed because I only have one medpack, I don't have any invincibility and I don't have heavy armor. I probably should go back to the Research Facility and try to get some.

Yeah I'm pretty screwed because I only have one medpack, I don't have any invincibility and I don't have heavy armor. I probably should go back to the Research Facility and try to get some.

Still, you could beat Benezia, it all depends on the tactics you use and the level of difficulty, but looking around the facility can't hurt (switching the difficulty to casual would be a good idea, and tell your team to take cover and use the grenades)

Still, you could beat Benezia, it all depends on the tactics you use and the level of difficulty, but looking around the facility can't hurt (switching the difficulty to casual would be a good idea, and tell your team to take cover and use the grenades)

Alright thank you!

There's an essential thing you should know: Who to target first? I would say, eliminate the Asari Commandos all the way. Sure, their biotics can be easy to avoid, but only IF you see it coming, and during the firefight you probably won't. So, kill them first and and seek for cover to avoid the less significant Geth fire. It get's annoying when you're blasted away by their push biotics.

No hidden planets I know of, some are leveled so you only can find them at a certain level. Sometimes you have to backtrack if you have been exploring systematically.

I know what you're talking about.

I was pinpointing and destroying the Geth outposts on the Armstrong Nebula earlier today and I noticed that after the onslaught of the machines, a new system shows up on the Nebula. Just forgot it's name...

Not everything appears on your radar, somethings can only be found visually. Although it is usually only an abandoned shelter with a Tresher Maw living next door.

I think I have just found asteroids and a derelict ship here and there.

Another Easter Egg is a Krayt Dragon skull. I’m pretty sure it does show up on radar. I wouldn't have known it was a Krayt, but one of the dev posted a reply on the BioWare forum.

Neither did I. Thios is actually a surprise, I thought it was just a buried Thresher Maw.

Haha. I had a little trouble with Benezia, so I left Noveria and went to some other planets. I'll wait till level up a bit more, as since I was fighting her at level 16 in Veteran difficulty (Veteren difficulty isn't that hard I find except when you fight major bosses). :p Don't matter any way. I am currently on Therum and have just entered the facility/factory after fight the Geth Armature and a bunch of other Geth-type enemies.

Well. Got a question here. Finished the game and it was completely awesome in all ways, and I want to pick up my last Shepard and keep going and get to 60, but here I run into a problem. I really want to use my Garrus a lot for my next playthrough but I wish I had built him more of a technician instead of a soldier. For my next playthough does he come with all of his skills, or can I reassign some or all of them? I'd go find out for myself but Mass Effect is at a friends house, and yes, I'm kicking myself for letting that out of my presence...

Well. Got a question here. Finished the game and it was completely awesome in all ways, and I want to pick up my last Shepard and keep going and get to 60, but here I run into a problem. I really want to use my Garrus a lot for my next playthrough but I wish I had built him more of a technician instead of a soldier. For my next playthough does he come with all of his skills, or can I reassign some or all of them? I'd go find out for myself but Mass Effect is at a friends house, and yes, I'm kicking myself for letting that out of my presence...
You get to reassign them all for all party members. Your Shepard on the other hand is set in stone. Playing at higher levels is a blast by the way, especially lift.

You get to reassign them all for all party members. Your Shepard on the other hand is set in stone. Playing at higher levels is a blast by the way, especially lift.

I LOVE YOU. I'm PERFECTLY happy with my Shepard, but I really do want to tinker with some of my squad mates.

Oh man. You just made my day haha!

I can't wait for the second game to come to fruition i have pretty much gathered my own speculations as to where the next game will be based and what it will be about: -

As you are given the option as to sacrifice the council or not, this confirms to me that the citadel or at least the council will not play a part in the sequel. As it has been confirmed that you will be playing Shepard in the next game, this either means he has gone back to alliance military or has left altogether. The latter is more likely as i believe the next game will take place in the Terminus systems. The Terminus systems were mentioned too frequently to be ignored in a sequel. It will also enable the developers to give the game a completely different setting whilst still in the same universe.

Granted most of that is wishful thinking but there are some things you can apply logic to.

I haven't even finished the my first playthrough yet (damn work and school), but ya, I'd have to agree with SWPhreak. (hint: look at his sig) ;):naughty: And I've completely ignored Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4 during the past few days.

Though, seriously, I haven't continued onto the main quest for at least 13 hours. I've done many of the side quests.

^^^

I think the council will play a role, when you save the council they ask for you to nominate someone as a council member. You can either choose the ambassador dude, or Ashley. It seems to me the council has to be in the next one

^^^^^^

Ashley?...no you can nominate Anderson...however, you can also choose not to save the council at all...and set up humanity to be the leaders of the known galaxy! Muahahahhaaaa....umm....not that I would ever do anything so very...*ahem*...very wrong.... So, the council should play a part...the the make-up of that council is very much up in the air...

Archived