Home

Mass Effect

HerbieZ

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The main character will be fully customisable (although im not sure if there is a female option), you can also choose a variety of team members and not be stuck with the same old ones ala Kotor. So ideally you can assemble a team of kick-ass female Marines.

This is true.

-

I hope it comes out on the PC. I refuse to touch any version of the Xbox, and especially any of the next gen consoles (Not just xbox) that . . are just sort of depressing with their antics.

I really wish Bioware would start thinking of their PC users again. I keep seeing their games come out on the consoles first, and the PC later (if at all, in Mass Effect's case). It's not that I mind waiting, if they're going to do a solid port of the game to PC. I just don't see why the PC community has to wait. We were certainly buying their games when the console community didn't even know what Bioware was.

Mass Effect was named Best Console Game and Best Role Playing Game of E3 2007 by Game Critics Awards. I'm not surprised by the best RPG award but am somewhat surprised by ME winning best console game.

I really wish Bioware would start thinking of their PC users again. I keep seeing their games come out on the consoles first, and the PC later (if at all, in Mass Effect's case).
Don't forget that BioWare's Dragon Age is in development for PC. Of course that game has been in development for so long that I think BioWare ended up creating a new engine for DA because the old one wasn't cutting it anymore.

Good thing that 360s are getting cheaper and product-improved

Cheaper maybe, product improved, mmmm, I donno, maybe.

Don't get me wrong, I love mine. Wouldn't trade it just yet.

However, I'm on my second one this year.

My best advise to all whom wish to purchase,

GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY WHATEVER THE COST.

I walked in dropped it off and walked out with a new one in less than 5 minutes. No hassle. No dough.

Just make sure to drop needed game info onto memory before returning it.

My best advise to all whom wish to purchase,

GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY WHATEVER THE COST.

Or you could use the 3 year warranty and save your money. In Store warranties are ripoffs.

Once they get Falcon models in stores, I'll trade for one of those.

Or you could use the 3 year warranty and save your money.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

... and waiting for the Falcon as well. :)

Which direction will your Sheppard take on that much anticipated first playthrough?

Will you go in Halo Soldier style or will your Sheppard be an Adept using primarily biotics with your NPC's watching your back?

...Or will you Vanguard it, utilizing a bit of both. This is the default setting but, I think this might be the one for me.

...the first time anyway.

I'll probably trade my 360 for the "Falcon" models. Even though, I haven't had any problems with my current one. Though, I'll wait and see once the time comes.

Same here, I haven't had any problems with mine and I only bought the 360 and the HDTV for ME. However, the 360 may be worn out by November as I have found another game to play in the meantime. I’ll defiantly get the Falcon if it makes less noise than the 360. As that is my only gripe against the 360.

Here are some videos that were posted on Gametrailers.

PAX 2007 Developer Walkthrough - Part 1

PAX 2007 Developer Walkthrough - Part 2

PAX 2007 Developer Walkthrough - Part 3

(Note: It may be hard to hear everything that's being spoken because of the noise in the backround)

GC' 07: Mass Effect Combat Update

From what I hear, Mass Effect hopefully should be out by November. I am getting November 1 from various game sites, but the home page has no specific date. Wikipedia also has Mass Effect stated to be released some time in November.

Personally, I like the way Mass Effect is shaping very much. Very organized and set up. And by the looks of it, the "delayed" release of the game seem to be doing this game some good.

I think the M rating comes from the Blood and violence. From those videos I posted last night, at one part

one of the soliders went through some huge pole/spike/whatever it was

and yeah, the developer or whoever was presenting Mass Effect, said that was the M rating. Though, I sure there is more to the rating than that.

Archived