Home

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Official site launches

Guest DarthMaulUK

I'm really furious, I mean I waited for a sequel to JA for like two years now and then they aren't even going to make it for the PC?! :firemad:

They can't expect me to pay like 400 dollars to get a new console just for that game not to mention I won't be able to play it with my clan. I tell you they gone insane at lucasarts.

No more mapping? No more modelling? No more skinning? :cry8:

I really hope they will make it for the PC, This time Raven isn't making the game so perhaps it could have something to do with that?

Anyhow, someone started a petition to get Force Unleashed for the PC and I signed it. Have a look here if you wanna sign it as well:

http://www.petitiononline.com/g5d4iu5f/petition.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this announcement of this game doesn't mean the death of JA.

I rather wait a few more years for jk4 wich is 5-10 years after episode 6 and for the pc, than buying such a console to play a totally new game.

And vaders secret apprentice? BlackOut I also have a bad feeling about this.

The PC market is a whole load of cash :p. Like I stated in the other thread though, this might be best as a trial game like the Obi-Wan game that was console exclusive. Once they work out the majority of the bugs and annoying gameplay elements then use the refined material for another jedi knight game.

Well then why treat this "trial" as the next milestone in SW Universe, with books, action figures and stuff.

In fact that's what makes me even more furious about not porting it to PC. I would expect a major SW installment to be avaliable for as many fans as possible.

Why is there no PC version? The PC is a great platform and the combination of mouse+keyboard is often better than the controlers of consoles. It can only be played on next-gen but there is going to be a PS2 version!? My PC has much more power than a PS2. I'm starting to dislike LucasArts even though they're responsible for some of my favorite games. And I will not get a Xbox360\PS3 I'm not insane (so much money just to play one game).

Such statistics only got significant meaning if you break it down to specific consoles. As it is, this way you may easily prove that... Coca-cola sales are lower than fruit juice sales, which really does't mean anything. If you know what I mean :p.

In this case only strict PC-X360-PS3 comparison makes any sense, and one should also keep in mind, that porting a game from XBox 360 to PC is really much easier and less cost-consuming than doing so to PS3.

Didn't have much time to look a t the site and such.....

WHAT?!?! You have to own a four hundred dollar XBox 360 or a PS3 for the game AND it's not coming out for PC??????!!!!! I have a PS2 so I CAN play it.... but jeeez, I don't get to play it online with my friends, and I have to play it either singleplayer or with my stupid six year old brother which my mom will probably make me do anyway.....

WHAT?!?! You have to own a four hundred dollar XBox 360 or a PS3 for the game AND it's not coming out for PC??????!!!!! I have a PS2 so I CAN play it.... but jeeez, I don't get to play it online with my friends, and I have to play it either singleplayer or with my stupid six year old brother which my mom will probably make me do anyway.....

well, its not like a comp good enough to play the game on the highest gfx settings is gonna cost less than 400 bucks...

Uh, if I were you, I wouldn't be too worried about multiplayer if you can only use the PS2. I'd be more worried about the game sucking. The Force Unleashed is going to be awesome largely because of Euphoria and DMM. Those are going to be what truly set the game apart. And the PS2 can not handle that technology. Only the 360 and the PS3 can (and good PCs).

The 360 and PS3 versions are the only versions being developed in house by Lucasarts. The DS, PSP and PS2 versions are being outsourced to some other developer. Those systems can't handle the technology, won't implement it, and won't be the same as the good versions.

Frankly, I think the PC should get it. I'm mainly a PC gamer myself, and the Jedi Knight games, which this game appears to be at least somewhat of a spiritual successor to, worked great on PC. I very recently got a 360, so personally, I won't be terribly disappointed if it doesn't come out for PC, but I think that it should.

As for the Wii, it can't handle this game either. Some people have complained that it would be perfect for the Wii, with the saber/wiimote coolness, but it wouldn't. Not this game. A game that was designed to be a lightsaber combat game for the wii would be, (and will be, I guarantee you) awesome, but this is a different game.

^ Well if you already own a PC that is that good (like me), then you wouldn't have to go out and buy one.

Lol, id find that very confusing...i bet you buy alot of upgrades and spend alot of cash for your PC yes ? Im too dumb so i take the fools way out and buy a 360.

Lol, id find that very confusing...i bet you buy alot of upgrades and spend alot of cash for your PC yes ? Im too dumb so i take the fools way out and buy a 360.

Heh, well actually it's my parents computer, but I'm sure they wouldn't refuse if I wanted to install the game on it.

I'll probably be getting a new computer for myself in the next few months anyway, so I most likely wouldn't do the above anyway. :)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed should be the best damn Jedi game ever bar none, since we don't know if they are making Jedi Knight IV yet.

One thing they should not forget is the Jedi combat.

The Force powers I heard of so far and seen demostrated is fantastic, but I yet to hear a comment or a video featuring a revolutionary Jedi lightsaber combat system with the Euphoria AI engine implanted.

Jedi lightsaber combat system they should have; more realistic:

What will truely make the saber fighing system realistic and authentic for TFU:

1. A manuel (EpIII blocking was computer controlled) blocking system that is 360 degrees directional; up, down, side to side back & front.

Your blocking tactic(Dooku style: on hand or Obi Wan:who uses two hands to block with his saber) should depend on one of your 11(that was in TSL) Jedi fighting forms you select and your skills with these fighting forms; Lightsaber combat link.

2. A realistic combat option (on/off choice) that will allow the player to turn off health bars that will allow for realistic damage system to take affect; if you can't block(with 360 degrees blocking) a deadly stab or slash attack in time you will die from stab or get badly injure from a slash if it don't touch you enough( glancing slash attack)

3. Saber Parries and lightsaber deflections(like in JA), knock a saber or lightsabers out a opponent hand or hands(like in JA: Jedi Knight Academy)

or destroy your opponent lightsaber by striking it.

4. JA acrobatics moves; wall-run, wall grab jump, run up wall backflip, side-flip off wall & backflip off wall.

5. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith combat; 100s of combat combos moves, offensive shunt, offensive counter shunts, trap shunts & grapples( that was feature in EpIII:ROTS the game).

Also free Force(also like in JA) Jump Lucasarts, you really mess that up in EpIII:ROTS.

I want to navigate platforms this time around LucasArts with free Force Jumping.

And, let Nick Gillard(the guy who created modern day lightsaber combat )have fun with the combat creation in this game, too.

Next:

The Force powers I will like to see:

I would like to see a new Force power like pyrokinetic abilities; create a fire ball explosion that burn your opponents in a circular radius.

Emit a fire stream and a create a firestorm tornado wind.

A new Force Lightning ability that will allow you to create a expansion electrified field that will electrocute any enemy and fry the electronic equipment in their offensive weapons(like ATSTs, turrets or weaponize vehicles & etc.) in the electrified bubble radius.

And a electrified charge explosion ability, that will do more damage with a more electrocution effect at greater ranges.

Like a EMP but much more energetic.

And Force Crush, from TSL( The Sith Lords).

Also maybe some other Force powers from TSL.

All that I've listed will truely satified those of us who want more realistic and funner Jedi combat and less of the arcade lightsaber dueling.

Last The features:

JA multiplayer online and offline features: Team Free for All, Free for All, Duel, Power Duel & maybe Capture The Flag.

A Two Player or Four player Coop mode: split-screen for offline or system link; online coop modes of course.

And Fully customisable character creation(make the character look exactly like the player).

A free camera, no more damn fixed cameras LucasArts.

Note:

Forms of lightsaber combat 13 listed:

#

* 1.1 Form I: Shii-Cho

* 1.2 Form II: Makashi

* 1.3 Form III : Soresu

* 1.4 Form IV: Ataro

* 1.5 Form V: Shien / Djem So

* 1.6 Form VI: Niman

* 1.7 Form VII: Juyo

# 2 Other forms of lightsaber combat

* 2.1 Form VIII: Sokan

* 2.2 Form IX: Shien

* 2.3 Form X: Jar'Kai (Niman variant)

* 2.4 Dun möch

* 2.5 Saber throw

* 2.6 Tràkata

The Force powers I will like to see:

I would like to see a new Force power like pyrokinetic abilities; create a fire ball explosion that burn your opponents in a circular radius.

Emit a fire stream and a create a firestorm tornado wind.

A new Force Lightning ability that will allow you to create a expansion electrified field that will electrocute any enemy and fry the electronic equipment in their offensive weapons(like ATSTs, turrets or weaponize vehicles & etc.) in the electrified bubble radius.

And a electrified charge explosion ability, that will do more damage with a more electrocution effect at greater ranges.

Like a EMP but much more energetic.

And Force Crush, from TSL( The Sith Lords).

Also maybe some other Force powers from TSL.

You forgot Force heat-ray vision, Force adamantium claws, and Force shoot missiles out my ass. :rolleyes:

All that I've listed will truely satified those of us who want more realistic and funner Jedi combat and less of the arcade lightsaber dueling.
LOL, I like how you say fireball explosion powers = more realistic combat! :lol:

LOL, I like how you say fireball explosion powers = more realistic combat! :lol:

You must have really misunderstood, Prime I didn't actually mean realistic like for real life in the real world.

That would mean no Force powers, duhh.

Of course, I didn't mean it to be interpreted that way.

I meant the lightsaber combat to be more realistic=no more health bars.

Got it!

Or, do you feel admiration for health bars,

huh Prime?

Do you find it to be enjoyable watching your adversary's the health bar deplete?

Next-gen Jedi games should not have no health bars to deal with.

Your skills with lightsaber combat should determine if you win or die, not health bars=arcade gamplay(& for me not fun no more), no health bars= realism and for me more funner and more challenging.

Here's something I'd like to hear from the community; would you prefer that Vader's secret apprentice be a pre-made character (caucasion male between 25-30 naturally) with a completely linear light-side ending, or a fully customizable character that you can choose the name, gender, ethnicity and morality...and then have it canonized to caucasion male light side in the end anyways?

Here's something I'd like to hear from the community; would you prefer that Vader's secret apprentice be a pre-made character (caucasion male between 25-30 naturally) with a completely linear light-side ending, or a fully customizable character that you can choose the name, gender, ethnicity and morality...and then have it canonized to caucasion male light side in the end anyways?

Well, since I'm not a Caucasian male(African-American male), Kavar, I will like a fully customizable character that you can choose the name, gender, ethnicity morality and age. :)

Well, gender and ethnicity is already selectable during gameplay, and there is nothing canonized about Revan being any Ethnic group, though unfortunately gender/morality is canonized. Well yeah he is HUMAN, so he would not look like a chiss or hutt, nor will he be like Mace "b,f" Windu cause Mace is not a Human.

I think age should be predetermined, that kinda make designing the story easier. I mean, there is limit on how old/young someone is for a character with some predetermined past, and a predetermined past is kine of necessary for a good story telling.

Archived