Home

KOTOR 3 Jedi list

Darth Savath

I see alot of people naming off characters they wish to appear in KOTOR 3 as Jedi, such as

Atton Rand

Brianna

Mical

Bao-Dur

Mira

I really hope they don't all appear as Jedi in the game.

It was nice that they gave the option of making almost everyone in KOTOR 2 a Jedi for all the Jedi lovers out there. But it kinda bothered me how easy it is for people to become Jedi in KOTOR 2. I mean, what ever happened to the years of dedicated training? And it seems like they threw the whole YOUNG padawan idea right out the window.

Its a little dumb that every person you run into has the potential to be a Jedi at a late age. Especially considering the big deal they made about it with Revan and Vader; and with Revan and Exile, there was the exception that they were already trained as Jedi before.

Now I understand that the Jedi had just survived a massive purge during KOTOR 2, and there will be a need to create a new council of Jedi. But that doesn't mean they should just grasp for any force sensitive character and make them an elite Jedi. That will just strip the uniqueness of the individual characters, and make the Jedi seem less exclusive than ever. I mean hey, if you can just pick up any scoundrel off the street and make them a Jedi, whats so great about the Jedi?

Bindo, Bastila, Juhani, Visas, and possibly Brianna (She seemed to have previous training by Atris) are enough Jedi from the list of playable characters from the last games. And not all of those Jedi are council material considering their dabbles with the dark side IMO.

KOTOR 3 should be able to muster up some new Jedi to fill the necessary roles. The established characters already have unique traits and qualities of their own, not everyone has to wield a light saber.

Anyways, thoughts?

It is one of the reasons why Kotor II could have been better but isn't.

In Kotor I, your goal to talk to each party member was to get a subquest while in Kotor II you could improve your own status (which is very good) or to turn them into a Jedi (which was poorly executed as becoming a Jedi and using force powers should have been very difficult)

I agree with your reasons Darth Savath; having full adults (Atton and Bao-Dur especially being in their early to mid thirties) becoming Jedi in the span of a few weeks to months is baffling, when the Jedi are always stressing how difficult Force mastery is supposed to be, and how single digit age children can be deemed too old to begin training.

But I can think of a couple of reasons that could explain their impossible feat of becoming full fledged Jedi:

1. All of them are more than just regular Force-sensitives, they could all possibly be the strongest living Force sensitives of their era. Because of this they would all be drawn to the Exile, and with so much strength they wouldnt need as much training as an average Jedi.

2. The Jedi Council may heavily exagerate (or possibly flat out lie) about how young Force training needs to begin to become a compentant Jedi. This policy of only taking children below a certain age may have more to do with being the soul influence in a childs life, instilling them with the Jedi ideals before they can be taught other beliefs that would conflict with their teachings. To teach a child who hasnt been completly raised in the Jedi Order may be deemed too dangerous because of the corrupting tendency of the Force, not because they can't learn.

3. This one is a total plot device (much like the Force itself) but if you believe that the Force has a will, you could consider that the Force itself didnt want the Jedi to dissapear, and willingly lent itself to the Exile's crew to ensure they would rebuild the Jedi Order.

Mira = crap, so she shouldn't be a jedi. I prefer Bao-dur as a tech, so rule him out. I'm undecided about Atton, because while he is cooler as a scoundrel, he fits very well as a Jedi, what with his antics under Revan. i think Mical makes a good Jedi, so leave him be. Not sure about Brianna.

As for the reasons why they shouldn't be Jedi at a late age, think on this: There was barely a Jedi order at the time of TSL, certainly no-one to make sure everyone did everything as it should be. Therefore, the Exile can train whoever, regardless of their age. Plus, everyone has the potential to be trained, it's just it's more dangerous, and possibly harder, as an adult. There is no particular reason why they should not be trained, and when you do first train them, they're very weak anyway. Plus, it's all a game mechanic, and it would have been difficult to do it better. We know the game was rushed. Maybe in KOTOR III, there will be a more realistic way to train party members as Jedi, who knows? The thing is, It would be impossible to get everything spot on, exactly as it is in the Star Wars Universe 'proper'. I don't think we should stop characters from becoming Jedi because a not-exactly-foolproof game mechanic, it would be limiting.

It was nice that they gave the option of making almost everyone in KOTOR 2 a Jedi for all the Jedi lovers out there. But it kinda bothered me how easy it is for people to become Jedi in KOTOR 2. I mean, what ever happened to the years of dedicated training? And it seems like they threw the whole YOUNG padawan idea right out the window.

Its a little dumb that every person you run into has the potential to be a Jedi at a late age. Especially considering the big deal they made about it with Revan and Vader; and with Revan and Exile, there was the exception that they were already trained as Jedi before.

Yeah, but you must realize that this was a time of great need for the Jedi, they needed as many on their side as possible.

Now I understand that the Jedi had just survived a massive purge during KOTOR 2, and there will be a need to create a new council of Jedi. But that doesn't mean they should just grasp for any force sensitive character and make them an elite Jedi. That will just strip the uniqueness of the individual characters, and make the Jedi seem less exclusive than ever. I mean hey, if you can just pick up any scoundrel off the street and make them a Jedi, whats so great about the Jedi?

But they weren't elite Jedi, they were only regular Jedi, trying to fit into a society that wouldn't accept them. (Besides Atton already knew he was Force Sensitive.)

Bindo, Bastila, Juhani, Visas, and possibly Brianna (She seemed to have previous training by Atris) are enough Jedi from the list of playable characters from the last games. And not all of those Jedi are council material considering their dabbles with the dark side IMO.

But to walk the path of the Darkside, is a strength... that way you know HOW to keep from straying there again.

KOTOR 3 should be able to muster up some new Jedi to fill the necessary roles. The established characters already have unique traits and qualities of their own, not everyone has to wield a light saber.

Anyways, thoughts?

Not everyone did... Mandalore, the droids, none of them wielded lightsabers... unless of course you made/downloaded a mod.

It does seem a bit stupid that people are able to become Jedi in a matter of a few days, but I always thought that they all had some "special" talent inside them that made them become powerful so quickly. Maybe the Force led you to them? After all,

at the end, Kreia does say that they are "The True Jedi upon which the future will be founded." (i think that's how it goes) That is, if they are lightside.

I would actually rather not have a bunch of Jedi in the party in K3. Maybe a bounty hunter, or a soldier, or just some random guy who's good with a blaster, I don't know. I just know that I don't want it to be completely filled with Jedi. The people who I would like to see from the previous games are -

Bastila: Maybe as your master, kind of like Kreia was in TSL.

T3-M4 and HK-47: Of course :D

Also, I might like to see Carth or Canderous in the party as well. On a side note, I would like all of the characters from the previous games to at least make an appearance, except for Juhani and GO-TO :xp:.

Eagerweasel, Kreia says that even if you go on the DS as well. All the members in your party (except for, say, Mandalore, Kreia, and the droids) were Lost Jedi [even Visas was one, she is a Miraluka aligned to the Sith], and all they needed was a leader to gather them together and tell them exactly what side to align themselves on...either the Dark Side (forming a new Sith Order) or the Light Side (forming a new Jedi Order).

In fact, I believe that any Lost Jedi not trained in K2 will soon become Jedi anyway in K3, having that force potential that they can't hide anyway.

Personally, I'd only tolerate nine Jedi at the absolute most.

The main reason is that it would be impossible for even several more to be trained by the time KotOR III ought to take place (I'd prefer that to be immediately after TSL).

It would also make the game seem less important. Throughout K2 we it was shoved repeatedly down our throats how many Jedi were killed/converted during the wars and after, and then to suddenly have a fully rejuvenated Order by the time of KotOR III? A game that discounts the events of the previous one(s) doesn't really feel like much of a sequel to me...

Nine is a good number. The Exile, her companions, Revan, Jolee and Bastila look like a good amount. That would certainly add something new to Star Wars - there have been times when there were thousands of Jedi or just two, but a small group would be a new one. That would certainly add some extra possibilities to the storyline. (Such as some of them getting killed off without destroying the Jedi entirely)

And that's not even mentioning how some people chose to go along with the DS endings, in which all the Jedi were killed off. :)

I just guess Kreia was tried of saying Force-User over and over again, so possibly just used the term "jedi" instead. :)

More likely, the Lost Jedi will just form the Jedi Order anyway, even if they are DS, but a Dark Side Jedi Order will raise some eyebrows, I'm sure.

Well...I always felt that even if they were trained dark side, they would have seen the "error of their ways" to SOME extent. Enough to return to the paths they formerly walked, but with a whole new attitude. For example, I would see them more shrewd and calculating, and VERY cynical (for example, Vrook. He was cynical and even borderline hateful/intolerant, but he was always planning ahead. Case in point? Letting himself be captured by the Dantooine thugs so he could penetrate further the threats to the Jedi). I also think they would be much more severe and intolerant of failure, especially since they know what is at stake, both in the galaxy (Return of the true sith, fall of the republic) and in their padawans (fall to the dark side which they themselves experienced).

Now, to keep this on topic I think they all should appear as Jedi to a certain extent. This is how I envisioned it to some degree...

Bao-Dur - Trained as a Jedi, supreme technician and inventor. Responsible for construction and maintinence of Jedi structures and assets. An honorary knight so to speak, not sitting in council.

Mira - Trained as a Jedi Knight, works as a strategist or something due to experience hunting. Not on the council.

Jolee - Jedi Master. Sitting on the council. (If Revan was LS.)

Juhani - Jedi Master. Sitting on the council. (If Revan was LS).

Atton, Visas, Handmaiden and Bastila would all be Masters as well. If you made it sufficiently long enough after KotOR2 there could also be a new generation of Knights ready to fight for the order or train new Padawans in hopes of becoming a Jedi Master.

Edit: you snuck in before me Devon, so I have a question to ask you :).

If it takes place immediately after KotOR 2, why is the exile a member of the new Jedi Order (unless I read that wrong). It was VERY strongly implied no matter what he goes seeking Revan, and to do it alone/near alone...which doesn't leave him much opportunity to be training some new Jedi or even heading/suppporting a new order. You said that going against the grain of previous games makes for not much of a sequel, and if they left this out (Exile seeking Revan, where it was pretty much stated that he goes doing this) that seems to me to kind of discount the importance of the previous game in a different way.

Of course, if I missed something or misunderstood your post in some way, please clarify :).

If it takes place immediately after KotOR 2, why is the exile a member of the new Jedi Order (unless I read that wrong). It was VERY strongly implied no matter what he goes seeking Revan, and to do it alone/near alone...which doesn't leave him much opportunity to be training some new Jedi or even heading/suppporting a new order.

Techincally, if you go DS, it is strongly implied that Exile goes and STAYS in known space. "Inherting the Dark Throne" is the cutscene. So, The Exile can become the Leader of the Jedi/Sith Order, at least for a time, to get it up and running, before The Exile flies off to battle the True Sith.

Regardless, I doubt the player would meet The Exile at the begining of the game getting trained in the Force-Using Order.

{snip} Of course, if I missed something or misunderstood your post in some way, please clarify :).

I thought the whole 'going on alone' thing was bogus, myself. :)

In the LS ending for TSL, you see the Hawk (which obviously has the party members in it) pick up the Exile, and then fly off to the Unknown Regions. Unless the she forced the crew to make a detour somewhere else to say "guys, I was told to go on alone for no explicit reason, so would you mind just going away?" there's not really a way she could get rid of them. (Other than spacing them, that is)

Not to mention how illogical the whole claim was in the first place. You're told that the True Sith are too dangerous for fighters as skilled as Canderous, Bastila, and et al to face. If it's too risky for 16 people people like them to face, why the heck would Revan and the Exile go alone? That sounds suicidally brave.

The whole matter is moot for DS players, too.

@SilentScope, not really. I thought the absence of the Exile during the ending scene implied she was leaving for the Unknown Regions, myself. :)

~snipped

@SilentScope, not really. I thought the absence of the Exile during the ending scene implied she was leaving for the Unknown Regions, myself. :)

I'm inclined to agree with you, I havent played Dark Side in a long time but I remember that I figured that this was implied.

And, I also have to agree that the "True Sith" and the going on alone thing seemed a little bit forced and unreasonable to me. HOWEVER, as the Sith in TSL demonstrated there is strength to be had in striking from the shadows. Revan and the Exile would obviously need to remain undetected, and when you aren't facing the entire brunt of an Empire at once, you're in a lot better condition than an outmatched fleet standing face to face with it :).

Unfortunately, I think it's all a moot point. The KotOR2 devs left no other real options than to continue the story line about the "True Sith". Kreia, Revan, the entire game lead up to the prelude to this conflict. To skip on that now would be just lame after how they set it up, and they'd have to change to a different era to skip this conflict, which is also lame because this series needs closure, and I am not particularly enthused about starting off in an Era that already has lots of backstory. Look at the movie games and the jedi knight series, so much lore and story is so focused there that opportunites for creativity will often contradict some other piece of canon. One of the charms of the KotOR series is that they can make up their OWN story, since they're CREATING canon. To remove that by jumping to a pre-established era would be a cheap cop-out in my opinion.

I'm inclined to agree with you, I havent played Dark Side in a long time but I remember that I figured that this was implied.

After Kreia dies, the camera zooms up and shows the Unknown Regions. It's quite open to interpretation what happens.

HOWEVER, as the Sith in TSL demonstrated there is strength to be had in striking from the shadows. Revan and the Exile would obviously need to remain undetected, and when you aren't facing the entire brunt of an Empire at once, you're in a lot better condition than an outmatched fleet standing face to face with it :).

Having 2 or 18 people isn't going to make a whole lot of a difference in regards to undercover missions that Revan and the Exile are doing. You don't send two commands to complete an objective or two assassins to kill a guy in real life. :)

Unfortunately, I think it's all a moot point. The KotOR2 devs left no other real options than to continue the story line about the "True Sith". Kreia, Revan, the entire game lead up to the prelude to this conflict.

There's not only that, but the fact that the True Sith explain why the events in KotOR even happened in the first place. Other than to reorganize it to better defend itself against a greater threat, I can't see much of a reason he's wake up one morning and say "I've just saved the Republic from the Mandalorians, so I'm going to conquer it!"

One of the charms of the KotOR series is that they can make up their OWN story, since they're CREATING canon. To remove that by jumping to a pre-established era would be a cheap cop-out in my opinion.

I wouldn't call it KotOR III, then. :)

I agree with Emperor D. A small group of Jedi Knights/Masters on the Council would be good. Sure, Atton and the other TSL companions aren't true Jedi, but they do have a lot of Force potential and are the Lost Jedi, who can bring the Jedi Order back to existence. Bastila, Jolee and Juhani also have this honour. Just because someone has trained longer, doesn't mean they are true Jedi. Look at Anakin. He didn't become a Jedi, until he was nine and later, he became one of the strongest Jedi of the Order.

Well, I think the exile's companions will be jedi, if they appear in K3. Why? Because the option to turn them into jedi is there. It's true that you don't have to, but which solution is easier: Saying they're not jedi and disappoint players who did turn them into jedi in their games or saying they are jedi and then explaining that either the exile turned them into jedi or else they became jedi later due to their potential?

This is assuming LS exile, of course. If DS, I doubt any of the exile's companions will ever appear.

Oh, and one thing for this topic:

We don't actually need to use the annoying spoiler tags to discuss how TSL ends and what might happen afterwards - we're in the "Unknown Regions" section, which is already marked as being full of spoilers :)

I agree with most of what Emperor Devon has said, although I find his number of potential jedi a little low. Don't forget that at least some jedi went into hiding or left the order (disgruntly similarly to Zez-Kai Ell) after the jedi civil war. We know that at least some of the Sunriders must be among those, since their descendants are still around by the movies era.

I'd actually like to see Nomi and Vima in K3, though I know Lucasarts are unlikely to use them due to the Sunrider naming controversy. It's a shame though, and I see no particular reason for nixing the characters for that reason -just put them in there as "Master Nomi" and "Vima" without ever using the Sunrider name - we'll all know who they are talking about anyway. Simple really... Too bad it won't happen :(

Anyway, I do agree that turning all those people into jedi in TSL was a bit much. Not that impossible, but it wasn't always done well. One thing was pacing. TSL actually takes place over the course of year, so it's not as if stuff happened in just a few days, but it still manages to give that impression.

And some of transitions were just silly. I mean, Atton has this huge and complex background being a soldier, rogue and sith assassin, yet he is still a mere 3rd-level scoundrel when you meet him, and over the course of the game, you'll easily take him to level 30+... I blame the d20 system, which just doesn't make much sense sometimes.

But at least Atton got a decent "jedification"-speech. Not everybody was so lucky. The worst was Bao-Dur...

Exile: "Bao-Dur, I think I could train you to be a jedi"

Bao-Dur: "Really?"

Exile: "Yes. Would you like that?"

Bao-Dur: "Well... all right then..."

[bao-Dur is now a jedi guardian] :(

Honestly, I do like Bao-Dur a lot, but that was just sad. It's not even that it didn't make sense - Bao-Dur was closer than any to the exile due to their shared experience on Malachor V - which was THE defining event of the exile's life and the creation of the force wound, after all. Plotwise it makes lots of sense. But it is told so very, very, very, very, very badly :mad:

Brianna will be difficult to handle, since canon appears to declare her dead or simply one of the handmaidens. I mean, the exile is canonically female, and the handmaidens (including Brianna) are all notably absent when the exile returns to face the fallen Atris - they are not anywhere to be found in Telos academy. The last we see of them for the female exile is just after Kreia has corrupted Atris and then goes to the sisters that their mistress has something to discuss with them. I don't know about anyone else, but given that Atris had just fallen, that always suggested to me that Atris killed the handmaidens at that point, seeing as how the handmaidens never appear again otherwise. In which case Brianna is canonically dead...

Mical is a lot easier to handle, since he actually was trained to be a padawan, even if you play male - note that even the male exile can say, that he recalls Mical from somewhere, even though Mical does not respond to it, since you cannot build influence with him when playing male.

Visas is already a force-user, and Bao-Dur has probably been connected to the force through the exile since Malachor V. Mira is more difficult to explain, though, since she appears to have nothing in her past that might explain prior force sensitivity.

Devon...can you clarify the "2 to 18" comment for me? English was not my first language and I have problems understanding things like that sometimes, but I'm taking it to mean that you're saying that being only 2 people, they wont have to big of an impact?

I'm going to assume that's what you meant, and I've talked about that in previous threads, IE the logistical and tactical difficulties they would face, and how they would only be able to likely cause damage and delays to the True Sith, not stop them all together.

Of course, if I misinterpreted that, let me know :).

And, I had forgotten about how the True Sith explained the events in KotOR1. Leaves them no other option, really.

Exile: "Bao-Dur, I think I could train you to be a jedi"

Bao-Dur: "Really?"

Exile: "Yes. Would you like that?"

Bao-Dur: "Well... all right then..."

[bao-Dur is now a jedi guardian

I think, if you pay attention, Bao-Dur still want to be redeemed, and The Exile decides to train him to be a Jedi as a way to redeem him for his crimes.

And, I had forgotten about how the True Sith explained the events in KotOR1. Leaves them no other option, really.

Other than...you know...You disobeyed the Jedi masters and now want to fall to the dark side? :xp:

I'm not sure what you mean...do you mean KotOR3 Jedi falls to the dark side or exile?

I'm going to assume KotOR3 Jedi falls to the dark side, in which case...even if you fall to the dark side in K1, your goal is still to stop the sith (at least till the end, which kind of nullifies my point, but still.) In K2, even if you fall to the dark side, you STILL are stopping the sith (the entire way through the game).

Thus, I'm going to say that in K3 even if you fall to the dark side...you'll still be focusing your efforts on stopping the true sith :).

Edit, I suppose I should say that since the True Sith explain why the events in K1 occured (Mandalorian wars [Mandalorians goaded by the True Sith], Jedi Civil War [Revan returning from discovering the True Sith, attempting to unify the Republic and make it strong enough to withstand a pounding by the True Sith) and nearly all the storyline dialogue with Kreia is about the True Sith, especially when you factor Revan in, AND (holy run-on sentence batman) the ending was about going to fight the True Sith...to change the main storyline to anything OTHER than SOMETHING about the True Sith threat in KotOR3 wouldn't make it a sequel, it would make it a "Spiritual Successor". And I can tell you right now, I'd much prefer a sequel to a spiritual successor.

Characters who could be a Jedi in KotOR III are

Bastila: (if Revan is set as LS. Let’s assume that she will be alive in KotOR III regardless of Revan’s gender and alignment).

Jolee: (if Revan is set as LS, I’d like to see him working for an ‘underground smuggling group’ in an attempt to help the poor and oppressed on a rough planet such as Sleheyron as his typical ‘grey’ self, however, I’d like the option to be able to convince him to become a Jedi in KotOR III. He’s dead if Revan is set as DS however).

Juhani: (ah what the hell, even though you could kill her on Dantooine and she could have died on Katarr, let’s assume she is alive and is a Jedi in KotOR III if Revan is set as LS. If Revan is set as DS however, she is dead).

Atton: (if the Exile is set as LS).

Bao-Dur: (if the Exile is set as LS).

Mira: (if the Exile is set as LS).

Brianna: (only if the Exile is set as a LSM).

Disciple: (if the Exile is set as LS).

Visas: (if the Exile is set as LS).

You could have other ‘survivors’ (hopefully no more than a dozen ‘survivors’). This could include Vima and Nomi Sunrider, as Jediphile has mentioned. Just don’t use their surnames in KotOR III, that’s all.

And no, I loathe Atris, and don’t want to see her AT ALL in KotOR III. To me, depending on the player’s choices, she was either:

-Killed by the Exile in TSL.

-Is in some prison and won’t be seen at all.

-Was killed by the Sith holocrons since they do not abide failure.

-Has gone on a self-imposed exile as part of her ‘redemption’, not to be seen at all.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I get the feeling that too many people focus on the canon LS and ignore the DS endings of KotOR and TSL. WHY? THOSE ENDINGS ARE THERE AND MUST BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION IN KOTOR III! Sorry for yelling, but I’ve made my point clear that way.

I don’t like the idea of the Exile’s companions being Jedi, even if he/she was DS, because it seems too….biased towards the LS, and unfair. My DS Exile’s companions would NEVER become a Jedi of any sorts, because my Exile shaped them that way.

Look, size is not much of an issue anymore, since the Xbox 360 (we don’t have to worry about the PC) can hold MUCH MORE space than the Xbox, so we can have a more variable story. Jediphile, why do you doubt that any of the Exile’s companions will appear in KotOR III if he/she is set as DS? It’s not as if they’re just going to fall of the KotOR map, and remember, almost all of the cut content is not canonical. So, I'd like to see a Sith Order in KotOR III, if the Exile is DS.

So, now that we’re on the subject of DS Exile:

Characters that could be Sith in KotOR III are:

Bastila: (if Revan is set as DS).

Visas, Atton and Bao-Dur: (if the Exile is set as DS).

Disciple: (only if the Exile is set as a DSF).

Brianna: (only if the Exile is set as a DSM).

And yes, since I’m a fan of the ‘civil war’ concept, I believe that no matter what, Revan and the Exile will be DS Sith Lords who depending on what you set them as, are redeemable or not redeemable.

I think, if you pay attention, Bao-Dur still want to be redeemed, and The Exile decides to train him to be a Jedi as a way to redeem him for his crimes.

Yes, I know. Like I said, it makes sense plotwise, but it's told badly. I'm exaggerating the actual content of Bao-Dur's "jedification" process, but it really is that short, which is disappointing in itself. Look at Atton or Mira - they go through lengthy soul-searching to realise that becoming a jedi is a way to atone for past crimes, in Atton's case, or to not be alone and unrooted anymore, in Mira's case. Handmaiden does it to feel what her mother felt, and Disciple to fulfil his training. Honestly, would it have been such a big deal writing a few minutes of dialogue for Bao-Dur in this case? I know it's there in the plot if you look for it, but it should have been given more attention, so that Bao-Dur becoming a jedi would have been pivotal moment of his life and, incidentally, the game itself rather than being casually done as a matter of course.

That said, perhaps the reason lies with the fact that the "demons" Bao-Dur has to deal with and exorcise are the ghosts of Malachor V that still haunt him. Since the exile facing the same ghosts is at the very heart of the game's plot and dilemma, the writers might have preferred to tone it down for Bao-Dur, as his transition might otherwise have given away too much of what the player is to learn about the exile only later in the plot. That could explain it. But it's still told badly.

Juhani: (ah what the hell, even though you could kill her on Dantooine and she could have died on Katarr, let’s assume she is alive and is a Jedi in KotOR III if Revan is set as LS. If Revan is set as DS however, she is dead).

Actually, I'd leave Juhani out of it. I'd make her one of the jedi killed on Katarr. It would be good point to weave into the plot, especially if the exile is somehow responsible for Nihilus' creation, as the masters suggest in TSL. Besides, the dead jedi on Katarr always seem to be "red-shirts" to me - they were just names that you didn't have to care about, with the only possible exception being Vandar. And if you didn't like him, then it didn't matter at all. Letting Juhani die there (assuming LS Revan) would make the deaths on Katarr more tragic, particularly to a LS-Revan-turned-DS. It could even be a point of potential redemption for him, if exile has become a neo-Nihilus:

"How can you do this, Revan? This dark creation called Nihilus killed your friend Juhani, and you're using this power yourself!"

And no, I loathe Atris, and don’t want to see her AT ALL in KotOR III. To me, depending on the player’s choices, she was either:

-Killed by the Exile in TSL.

-Is in some prison and won’t be seen at all.

-Was killed by the Sith holocrons since they do not abide failure.

-Has gone on a self-imposed exile as part of her ‘redemption’, not to be seen at all.

Atris should not be in there for those exact reasons. Still, it could be cool to have a mysterious and completely unrevealed force-user make a sort of cameo appearance and then disappear without explanation only if the exile is LS. That could be Atris, but would never be revealed.

Look, size is not much of an issue anymore, since the Xbox 360 (we don’t have to worry about the PC) can hold MUCH MORE space than the Xbox, so we can have a more variable story. Jediphile, why do you doubt that any of the Exile’s companions will appear in KotOR III if he/she is set as DS? It’s not as if they’re just going to fall of the KotOR map, and remember, almost all of the cut content is not canonical. So, I'd like to see a Sith Order in KotOR III, if the Exile is DS.

I don't think they'll appear since they would almost certainly be enemies to the story. Besides, if DS they are left behind by the exile but also fairly powerful dark jedi - you'd have to deal with why they haven't already taken over most of the republic with their great powers. Even ignoring all the cut content, the easiest way of dealing with it is to say that most of them simply killed each other over who would be in power. Besides, Mira joins only a LS Exile (yes, I know you can get her and then turn DS, but it's not a likely outcome and therefore will probably be ignored) while Visas can indeed be killed. I'd assume both of them to be dead for a DS Exile, which leaves us with only Bao-Dur, Atton, or Handmaiden/Disciple. In my own plot, I did actually DS Atton as the main Sith assassin on Alderaan, whom you'd have to kill. Bao-Dur's status is uncertain, since his holographic message to Remote can be taken to imply that he is already dead, which I believe was planned in the original plot of TSL. Disciple is more likely to be a Jedi than Sith IMHO, since he already had the training and can be Sith only for a DS female Exile.

How about all new Jedi unseen before??

Like other survivors of the cleanse.

And yes the main pc should be some regular force sensitive and not some guy conveniently forgetting his past. And yes, a Visas like chick is fine tooo. Though I would LOVE to have a playable Zeltron character.

Devon...can you clarify the "2 to 18" comment for me? English was not my first language and I have problems understanding things like that sometimes, but I'm taking it to mean that you're saying that being only 2 people, they wont have to big of an impact?

Throughout TSL, you hear about how the Unknown Regions were too dangerous for Revan (and later the Exile) to take any of their companions with them.

It struck me as a bit odd... The Unknown Regions are too dangerous for the 16 combined members of both their parties to go in, and yet Revan and the Exile are still going in there alone? That strikes me as suicidally brave.

Since they're both probably assassinating various people and sabotaging the True Sith's war effort, a small company of people to help them at that would be preferable than just two. In real life, you never send two people to accomplish things like that.

Archived