Home

KOTOR 3 Jedi list

Darth Savath

Actually, I'm inclined to totally disagree with you.

The nature of their operation implies the UTMOST secrecy. a band of 16-18 people is much easier to detect. Though it's not many more people, it changes drastically. Unless they are all operating alone (which we get the impression they weren't going to be, especially with the "too dangerous" part) they'd get found out in a heartbeat.

18 people is also much harder to feed and maintain. Though we don't see it in the KotOR's, all your party members do eat and sleep. Revan and Exile will have to get provisions while they're out there (live off the land) and it would be very tough to steal/provide for that many people.

Throughout TSL, you hear about how the Unknown Regions were too dangerous for Revan (and later the Exile) to take any of their companions with them.

It struck me as a bit odd... The Unknown Regions are too dangerous for the 16 combined members of both their parties to go in, and yet Revan and the Exile are still going in there alone? That strikes me as suicidally brave.

Since they're both probably assassinating various people and sabotaging the True Sith's war effort, a small company of people to help them at that would be preferable than just two. In real life, you never send two people to accomplish things like that.

Right, which is exactly why they went alone. Revan knew that he would doom anyone who took with him, but he also knew that he could become powerful, since he was already the dark lord of the Sith. So what does he do in order to stop the true Sith? He travels to their region of space, then tries to assume the title of dark lord among them by joining their ranks, thereby sparking a civil war between those already in power and himself and anyone seeing opportunity for power in that conflict. As Kreia said, civil wars are common among the Sith, and Revan was someone who understood the difference between a fall and a sacrifice, someone who was willing to wage war to save others. That's just what Revan is doing once again.

I think only Bastila, Visas, Atton, and Bao-Dur should be Jedi in K3. Juhani and Jolee were probably food for Nihilus. Since Exile's female (which is lamentable) Brianna probably never learned that she could become a Jedi. And Mira has probably already died before KOTOR3 starts.

Throughout TSL, you hear about how the Unknown Regions were too dangerous for Revan (and later the Exile) to take any of their companions with them.

It struck me as a bit odd... The Unknown Regions are too dangerous for the 16 combined members of both their parties to go in, and yet Revan and the Exile are still going in there alone? That strikes me as suicidally brave.

:) Better that they die in case the operation fails than 16 or 17 other people as well. Revan and Exile decide to leave the 16 or 17 people in the Galaxy to have them prepare a backup plan if/when they fail.

Since Exile's female (which is lamentable) Brianna probably never learned that she could become a Jedi.

Exile is not female per se. Exile is whatever gender the player prefers to be. Revan's optional gender was preserved in TSL, so if exile's gender is not optional in K3, then it reeks of bias and sexism.

And Mira has probably already died before KOTOR3 starts.

Doubtfully, unless K3 is set many, many years after TSL.

Kreia: "Her death will occur in many years time on a forgotten planet, saving the lives of others. But it will be her choice, and she will have no regrets."

The nature of their operation implies the UTMOST secrecy. a band of 16-18 people is much easier to detect. Though it's not many more people, it changes drastically. Unless they are all operating alone (which we get the impression they weren't going to be, especially with the "too dangerous" part) they'd get found out in a heartbeat.

It was of the utmost secrecy, yes. However, 18 people would have changed this little.

From what little was revealed during KotOR II, Revan was likely traveling from planet to planet in the real Sith Empire, sabotaging various things and assassinating various people.

Obviously Revan would be using a ship for the majority of all his traveling. Overall, detecting a ship that caries one person isn't that much harder than an Ebon Hawk-sized one, which could carry 18. A ship just for Revan probably wouldn't be a lot smaller than the Hawk, anyway - engines, life support, cargo, etc take up a fair amount of space.

For when they're actually on planets, the extra people would be far from a burden. In the event that Revan didn't need all of them, they could stay on the Hawk like in the other games. Even that would prove advantageous - if any Sith happened to stumble upon Revan's ship if he was traveling alone, they could just take it and leave him stranded in the middle of hostile territory. If he had allies, however, such attacks could be repulsed.

Nothing but helpful there. If Revan needed twelve people for his current mission, they could go along with him, which would obviously be a help. If not, they could stay on the Hawk and reduce the probability of it being stolen/destroyed. Their presence on it wouldn't give away the location, either.

18 people is also much harder to feed and maintain. Though we don't see it in the KotOR's, all your party members do eat and sleep. Revan and Exile will have to get provisions while they're out there (live off the land) and it would be very tough to steal/provide for that many people.

Technically sixteen. Two are droids. :)

Food wouldn't be much of a problem IMO. It's likely they could've packed enough for sixteen people before the journey began, and just have stolen some in the event they ran out. The True Sith likely have food sources that easily support that many people.

He travels to their region of space, then tries to assume the title of dark lord among them by joining their ranks, thereby sparking a civil war between those already in power and himself and anyone seeing opportunity for power in that conflict.

The only problem would be their willingness to accept him. With how they forced the Mandalorians to attack the Republic, the True Sith are at least somewhat aware of events going on in known space. I don't think they'd be very friendly towards someone who was trying to toughen the galaxy up against them. :)

The only problem would be their willingness to accept him. With how they forced the Mandalorians to attack the Republic, the True Sith are at least somewhat aware of events going on in known space. I don't think they'd be very friendly towards someone who was trying to toughen the galaxy up against them. :)

Were the true Sith behind the Mandalorian Wars, though? It's a popular theory, but while Canderous does say that the Sith (and not the "true" Sith) came to the Mandalorians with a proposal, it's never clarified just who those Sith were. It could even be a reference back to Mandalore's alliance with Exar Kun during the Great Sith War.

As for how they would see Revan, it depends, I guess. Revan split the jedi order and then waged war against the republic, bringing both the jedi order and the republic itself to the very brink of extinction. Revan has helped the true Sith rather a lot, and probably more than they could ever have hoped for. Besides, the true Sith must also be Sith, which means there would internal in-fighting between the various lords and potential lords, who are all fighting to improve their own power within the system. Revan, being ever the tactician, could exploit that by making alliances with those who are not so high in the system, but who could gain greater power from working with Revan. As Kreia says, civil wars are common among the Sith, which is probably why nobody has heard of them for a millennium.

Devon, Revan is a tactician, which is stressed often in the series.

While I do have no doubts he would be able to manage 18 people/droids easily, he would understand that's not using your resources effectively. The danger that is stressed often in the game would likely mean the end of his companions. Taking the canoniocal views into perspective...

1. Carth - becomes an Admiral in the Republic Navy. Revan would have recognized his importance and not taken him to die on a dangerous mission into Unknown space. Carth likely becomes instrumental to rebuilding the Republic and keeping the Navy in fighting condition.

2. Bastila - Unknown occupation, but seen in Telos Citadel Station following the Battle of Telos. Will likely become important in refounding some form of Force-using order.

3. Mission - 14-15 by the time Revan left for the unknown regions, too young and likely not psychologically ready for a journey beyond the Republic's borders.

4. Zaalbar - Won't leave without Mission, lifedebt or not.

5. Juhani - Unknown. Perhaps killed on Catharr, still may be important to the Jedi Order in some way.

6. Jolee - likely working to aid the Republic in some way, probably smuggling to backwater systems to rebuild Republic worlds. Likely too old to follow Revan.

Now for the Exile's companions...

1. Kreia. Dead. Moot point. Guided the exile along, figured out Revan's plan.

2. Atton, Disciple, Mira, Visas, Bao-Dur - will be needed to rebuild the Jedi Order in some way, shape, or form. More useful as 5 people rebuilding one Empire to stand against another than 5 comparatively weak fighters aiding two people in sabotage missions..

3. Goto - gone.

Now, for the three that both the Exile and Revan shared...

1. HK-47 - Intensely loyal, Revan had to shut him down (painfully) so he wouldn't follow. Likely still needed by the Republic to eliminate sensitive targets. The entire reason he was built by Revan was to destroy targets that threatened the Republic from the inside, not the outside.

2. T3-M4 - Reprogrammed by Bastila, aided Revan by getting him help in the form of the Jedi Exile. More useful in the core systems than outside.

3. Mandalore Canderous Ordo - Rebuilding the Mandalorian Armada, still loyal to Revan. Will likely use his fleet and his warriors to aid the Republic against the Sith in K3.

Of course, even if one of the characters went dark side, the people who remained would still be more important rebuilding some sort of resistance than fighting in the Unknown Regions. Remember, Revan and the Exile's mission was not to STOP the true sith, but to DELAY them until the Republic and the Jedi or the Sith get time to rebuild.

Actually, I'd leave Juhani out of it. I'd make her one of the jedi killed on Katarr. It would be good point to weave into the plot, especially if the exile is somehow responsible for Nihilus' creation, as the masters suggest in TSL. Besides, the dead jedi on Katarr always seem to be "red-shirts" to me - they were just names that you didn't have to care about, with the only possible exception being Vandar. And if you didn't like him, then it didn't matter at all. Letting Juhani die there (assuming LS Revan) would make the deaths on Katarr more tragic, particularly to a LS-Revan-turned-DS. It could even be a point of potential redemption for him, if exile has become a neo-Nihilus:

"How can you do this, Revan? This dark creation called Nihilus killed your friend Juhani, and you're using this power yourself!"

Either way, it doesn't bother me personally if they leave Juhani out of KotOR III all together or not. However, I think if they leave Juhani out of KotOR III all together, they should not mention her at all, since that way, the player can decide her fate.

Either way, she must be dead, and if you don't mention how she died, then you haven't disregarded the fact that you could kill her on Dantooine (even as LS Revan), which is something that some players did (even if they chose the LS ending) and is their 'canonical' choice/view you could say. For those who did not kill her on Dantooine from their 'canonical' perspective, then one could, and most likely must, assume that she died on Katarr.

Atris should not be in there for those exact reasons. Still, it could be cool to have a mysterious and completely unrevealed force-user make a sort of cameo appearance and then disappear without explanation only if the exile is LS. That could be Atris, but would never be revealed.

If that unrevealed force-user was Atris, not only can she not be seen, but she wouldn't be allowed to speak either, since those of us who played TSL would know who it is, so what kind of cameo would that be? How would you propose such a cameo is done? Like the Revan apparition on Korriban in TSL?

I don't think they'll appear since they would almost certainly be enemies to the story. Besides, if DS they are left behind by the exile but also fairly powerful dark jedi - you'd have to deal with why they haven't already taken over most of the republic with their great powers.

In my old KotOR III story, before DS Exile ventured fourth into the unknown regions, he/she told his/her companions to build a new Sith Order and set it up along the outer-rim, working together with Mandalore and his rebuilt Mandalorian armada in an effort to create a ‘defensive outpost’ across the outer-rim to halt potential True Sith invasion.

DS Exile, much like DS Revan, is more concerned about defeating the greater threat, and only after the True Sith is dealt with, he/she will turn his/her attention to crushing/conquering the Republic and hunting the remaining Jedi to extinction.

So DS Exile’s companions show no interest in taking over the Republic. The way I see it, DS Exile’s companions are nothing but loyal, corrupted slaves of his/hers that no longer have a will of their own. Their lives are devoted to serving the Exile’s needs and requests.

That’s how I'd deal with that problem.

Even ignoring all the cut content, the easiest way of dealing with it is to say that most of them simply killed each other over who would be in power. Besides, Mira joins only a LS Exile (yes, I know you can get her and then turn DS, but it's not a likely outcome and therefore will probably be ignored) while Visas can indeed be killed. I'd assume both of them to be dead for a DS Exile, which leaves us with only Bao-Dur, Atton, or Handmaiden/Disciple. In my own plot, I did actually DS Atton as the main Sith assassin on Alderaan, whom you'd have to kill. Bao-Dur's status is uncertain, since his holographic message to Remote can be taken to imply that he is already dead, which I believe was planned in the original plot of TSL. Disciple is more likely to be a Jedi than Sith IMHO, since he already had the training and can be Sith only for a DS female Exile.

Yes, I know that Disciple can only be a Sith if the Exile is a DSF. The way I see it, we'll most likely get to see a new Jedi Order with LS Exile, but what about DS Exile? I say bring on a new Sith Order for DS Exile.

As you know, the party members in TSL fell off the face of the map near the end. They just magically disappeared without any explanation regarding their whereabouts or anything. Obviously that was because of the cut content.

I’d like to see more closure to TSL’s characters. If I don’t see any of the Exile’s companions in KotOR III (when I set the Exile as DS) then I’m going to think WTF happened to them?

We heard Kreia’s predictions about them being alive and doing this and that, but where are they? To me, it doesn’t do the cut content any justice. I think it’d be more dramatic if we see what happens to them in KotOR III (with all alignment combos) not hear about what happened to them.

Were the true Sith behind the Mandalorian Wars, though? It's a popular theory, but while Canderous does say that the Sith (and not the "true" Sith) came to the Mandalorians with a proposal, it's never clarified just who those Sith were. It could even be a reference back to Mandalore's alliance with Exar Kun during the Great Sith War.

I think Canderous was referring to the True Sith. While the quote I'm about to post is cut content and is therefore not canonical, it shows us at least what Obsidian had in mind.

*DSF Revan*

Mandalore: "You sound like Revan, at the end. Do you know what she told me, as I lay dying on the outer rim? That the Mandalorian Wars were our doom. That we had been deceived, that it had never been our decision to wage war on the Republic. Revan said the Mandalorians didn't invade the Republic's space because it was our choice. We were tricked; our entire people sacrificed as pawns, and never knew it! She said there was a war coming, that it was waiting in the unknown regions, in the dark, waiting for us to destroy each other."

Visas: "A war? This war?"

Mandalore: "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. A war of belief that had been fought for thousands of years. Revan went off to fight it..."

Visas: "...and left you here."

Mandalore: "Revan was one of the greatest military leaders in the galaxy. In history. She had no use for a people who had already been beaten once. She said the time of the Mandalorians was over. The Mandalorian wars had killed us. And she laughed."

Visas: "And that is what burns in your heart, and that is why clan Ordo was reborn; to prove Revan wrong."

Mandalore: "No, not Revan."

I agree with Jediphile. It’s not implausible to think that Revan could join a True Sith faction and join/orchestrate a civil war amongst them. If you assume that Revan isn’t weaker than every True Sith, if you assume that Revan is perhaps powerful than some, most, heck, maybe even every True Sith, then it is a possibility.

Think about it, all Revan would have to do is prove his/her superior power and tactical prowess to a weaker True Sith faction (since Sith by definition respect power and war associated stuff) and begin a crusade to unite different True Sith factions, build in numbers and attempt to defeat the stronger, rival faction/s and claim the title of Dark Lord of the True Sith.

{snip} Carth likely becomes instrumental to rebuilding the Republic and keeping the Navy in fighting condition.

Mmm, Carth isn't, in reality, all that valuable. A lot of people think he's become the new Supreme Commander of the Republic Fleet, but in reality all TSL says is that he's an admiral. Valuable, of course, but not indispensable... A consortium as large as the Republic likely has hundreds of other people at his same rank, let alone the higher ones.

If Carth was crucial to completing a certain mission, he would be by all means more useful there. One less admiral in the Republic for a while is a smaller loss than losing Revan.

2. Bastila - Unknown occupation, but seen in Telos Citadel Station following the Battle of Telos. Will likely become important in refounding some form of Force-using order.

Ah yes, but here we go back to the original point of this thread. Having a new Force-using Order wouldn't go well with the plot. :p

3. Mission - 14-15 by the time Revan left for the unknown regions, too young and likely not psychologically ready for a journey beyond the Republic's borders.

Nope, 14 by the time of KotOR. 19 by the time of TSL. Sounds old enough to me.

5. Juhani - Unknown. Perhaps killed on Catharr, still may be important to the Jedi Order in some way.

It's possible she was killed on Katarr. But supposing she wasn't, she'd be more useful in the Unknown Regions (for reasons listed above).

6. Jolee - likely working to aid the Republic in some way, probably smuggling to backwater systems to rebuild Republic worlds. Likely too old to follow Revan.

Back to the Carth example. There are far more smugglers than admirals. Seems like a waste for him to go back to that.

Old, I don't think so. In the movies you see Dooku and Sidious fighting duels at 80 that would exhaust men half their age (the Force does compensate for such things). Jolee, from what we've seen, looks below 80.

2. Atton, Disciple, Mira, Visas, Bao-Dur - will be needed to rebuild the Jedi Order in some way, shape, or form. More useful as 5 people rebuilding one Empire to stand against another than 5 comparatively weak fighters aiding two people in sabotage missions..

(My above posts on a new Order)

1. HK-47 - Intensely loyal, Revan had to shut him down (painfully) so he wouldn't follow. Likely still needed by the Republic to eliminate sensitive targets.

HK would be far more useful assassinating various generals and other prominent figures amongst the True Sith than dealing with any local threats.

More useful in the core systems than outside.

Given what they're doing, a computer hacker could be quite handy for Revan and the Exile (possibly just as much as assassinating people - changing the location of troop deployments, the number of men assigned to various battles, etc, would be very useful). I don't think his physical location would change that.

3. Mandalore Canderous Ordo - Rebuilding the Mandalorian Armada, still loyal to Revan. Will likely use his fleet and his warriors to aid the Republic against the Sith in K3.

From what we saw in KotOR II, the Mandalorians do okay when he's gone for long periods of time. There is a greater need for him to stay back in known space, though, I'll admit that.

Remember, Revan and the Exile's mission was not to STOP the true sith, but to DELAY them until the Republic and the Jedi or the Sith get time to rebuild.

Not just to delay, but also to weaken. The True Sith wouldn't delay their invasion on the account of two saboteurs (who would likely stop troubling them when the invasion starts - their tactical abilities would be quite valuable).

I would actually rather not have a bunch of Jedi in the party in K3. Maybe a bounty hunter, or a soldier, or just some random guy who's good with a blaster, I don't know. I just know that I don't want it to be completely filled with Jedi.

Perhaps the course of action is having the option to train party members/take-ons.

Various side quest POSSIBILITIES. Party memebers even if temporarily and only for the sake and course of training.

Like a side line quest to the main quest that is not necessary yet addidative and complimentary to the main story.

That is my take on a greater execution for desired material in a non-adulterating method.

• 4 weeks later...
I see alot of people naming off characters they wish to appear in KOTOR 3 as Jedi, such as

Atton Rand

Brianna

Mical

Bao-Dur

Mira

I really hope they don't all appear as Jedi in the game.

It was nice that they gave the option of making almost everyone in KOTOR 2 a Jedi for all the Jedi lovers out there. But it kinda bothered me how easy it is for people to become Jedi in KOTOR 2. I mean, what ever happened to the years of dedicated training? And it seems like they threw the whole YOUNG padawan idea right out the window.

Its a little dumb that every person you run into has the potential to be a Jedi at a late age. Especially considering the big deal they made about it with Revan and Vader; and with Revan and Exile, there was the exception that they were already trained as Jedi before.

Now I understand that the Jedi had just survived a massive purge during KOTOR 2, and there will be a need to create a new council of Jedi. But that doesn't mean they should just grasp for any force sensitive character and make them an elite Jedi. That will just strip the uniqueness of the individual characters, and make the Jedi seem less exclusive than ever. I mean hey, if you can just pick up any scoundrel off the street and make them a Jedi, whats so great about the Jedi?

Bindo, Bastila, Juhani, Visas, and possibly Brianna (She seemed to have previous training by Atris) are enough Jedi from the list of playable characters from the last games. And not all of those Jedi are council material considering their dabbles with the dark side IMO.

KOTOR 3 should be able to muster up some new Jedi to fill the necessary roles. The established characters already have unique traits and qualities of their own, not everyone has to wield a light saber.

Anyways, thoughts?

You're forgetting that the Exile was a wound in the force as Kreia stated, and as such it was also mentioned that the Exile could corrupt others to his/her will hence the scene where your companion freaks about attacking the merchant on Dantooine without thinking, but because you did!(which is the whole influence part of the game) AND the Exile because of his/her force wound status, could subconciously manipulate and boost the force sensitivity of his/her companions making them a Jedi quickly as you should already know. And if in the next game they should appear and the Exile should not with them, then maybe then their powers would have weakened and possibly eventually diminished completely...

Mmm, Carth isn't, in reality, all that valuable. A lot of people think he's become the new Supreme Commander of the Republic Fleet, but in reality all TSL says is that he's an admiral. Valuable, of course, but not indispensable... A consortium as large as the Republic likely has hundreds of other people at his same rank, let alone the higher ones.

If Carth was crucial to completing a certain mission, he would be by all means more useful there. One less admiral in the Republic for a while is a smaller loss than losing Revan.

An admiral may not be a indispensible asset to the republic, but it's sure better than having him standing around gaurding Revan's ship, as mentioned earlier.

Ah yes, but here we go back to the original point of this thread. Having a new Force-using Order wouldn't go well with the plot. :p

Having a new order right away would be rediculous, but the remaining jedi in known space are supposed to start rebuiling the order. This could easily take generations, and every jedi that can be spared needs to be part of that task of rebuilding.

Nope, 14 by the time of KotOR. 19 by the time of TSL. Sounds old enough to me.

she's 14 at KOTOR, and that is the time that Revan leaves for the unknown regions, so she still wouldn't be ready yet.

It's possible she was killed on Katarr. But supposing she wasn't, she'd be more useful in the Unknown Regions (for reasons listed above).

Same reason as Bastila. As well, there is a much greater chance that she died, both because of the many chances of her death in KOTOR, as well as her unpopularity lol.

Back to the Carth example. There are far more smugglers than admirals. Seems like a waste for him to go back to that.

Old, I don't think so. In the movies you see Dooku and Sidious fighting duels at 80 that would exhaust men half their age (the Force does compensate for such things). Jolee, from what we've seen, looks below 80.

Jolee doesn't necesarily have to be a smuggler, he can still have a better purpose in known space helping people than in the unknown regions.

(My above posts on a new Order)

I have the same reasons for Atton, Mira, Bao-dur, Visas, Handmaiden, and Disciple as Bastila.

HK would be far more useful assassinating various generals and other prominent figures amongst the True Sith than dealing with any local threats.

The assasinating in the unknown regions is Revan's job. HK can take care of the threats in known space.

Given what they're doing, a computer hacker could be quite handy for Revan and the Exile (possibly just as much as assassinating people - changing the location of troop deployments, the number of men assigned to various battles, etc, would be very useful). I don't think his physical location would change that.

Given Revan's brilliance, I doubt he would get himself stumped by a mere computer. Besides, T3 is already serving a useful purpose, which he demonstrated in tsl.

An admiral may not be a indispensible asset to the republic, but it's sure better than having him standing around gaurding Revan's ship, as mentioned earlier.

You'll notice I mentioned he could either guard Revan's ship or assist him with whatever mission he wanted help with. But either way and extra person to help Revan would be more useful than another admiral in a navy during a relatively peacful time.

Having a new order right away would be rediculous, but the remaining jedi in known space are supposed to start rebuiling the order. This could easily take generations, and every jedi that can be spared needs to be part of that task of rebuilding.

Not very plausible... you have to remember DS players. Having two alternative stories, one with and one without a new Order, would take a fair amount of effort. It would be much easier for LA to keep a small group of Jedi.

Starting a new Order would seem like something best kept for the ending of the game, anyway. What better way to conclude the LS version of the game with the true Sith defeated, and a new Order rising now that they're gone for good?

she's 14 at KOTOR, and that is the time that Revan leaves for the unknown regions, so she still wouldn't be ready yet.

No, there's a time gap. It's stated multiple times that TSL takes place 5 years after KotOR. 14 + 5 = 19. And there seems to have been no indication she left for the Unknown Regions during that time.

Same reason as Bastila. As well, there is a much greater chance that she died, both because of the many chances of her death in KOTOR, as well as her unpopularity lol.

I don't care much for Juhani, myself. Not the most interesting of party members, and not much of a character.

Jolee doesn't necesarily have to be a smuggler, he can still have a better purpose in known space helping people than in the unknown regions.

What could he really do in known space? There are others who could go about helping people, which strikes me as a less pressing matter than helping to sabotage a galactic invasion.

The assasinating in the unknown regions is Revan's job. HK can take care of the threats in known space.

But what threats are left? The top leadership of the Sith is destroyed, and what's left of them are fighting another civil war. Then compare that to an entire empire that's poised for invasion... HK would be very handy there.

Given Revan's brilliance, I doubt he would get himself stumped by a mere computer.

I would differ... being a skilled general or fighter by no way grants one an intimate knowledge of computers. Revan isn't a jack of all trades and skilled at everything, contrary to fanboy belief.

Besides, it's already shown in the game he isn't nearly as skilled as T3 when it comes to computers. If he couldn't hack through the main door of a fairly mediocre Sith base on a backwater planet, he'd be an idiot to think he could get through the doubtlessly tougher security the true Sith have.

Besides, T3 is already serving a useful purpose, which he demonstrated in tsl.

Finding lost Jedi generals cut off from the Force seemed to be his main purpose in TSL... I'd wager there aren't many of those left for him to find. :)

Well, a few surviving council member may be ok, along with their newly trained Jedi knights. Having too many "preset fate" of secondary characters make players feel that their previous effore are meaningless to a certain degree. Cath is ok, cause he survived it nomatter what,

I really don't want to see any of those "trainable jedis" show up. Not everyone wants to trai them into jedis. And I DEFINITELY NOT WANT TO SEE ANY TRAILS OF THAT DISGUSTING PERVERT NAMED MICAL. JUST NO.

Yes, I know that Disciple can only be a Sith if the Exile is a DSF. The way I see it, we'll most likely get to see a new Jedi Order with LS Exile, but what about DS Exile? I say bring on a new Sith Order for DS Exile.

Actually, DS Disciple can't be a Sith at all, due to Kreia's predictions for him.

Kreia: "If he leaves this place, he will leave all that is Jedi behind him at last. A heart can only handle so many betrayals before turning away entirely.He will become a Senator on one of the Mid-Rim worlds, and devote himself to the people there. He will be a wise, steady ruler - and he will not call upon the Force again. But his rule will grow to be a cold one, and he will find that the code of the galaxy pales in comparison to the failures of the code of the Jedi."

You'll notice I mentioned he could either guard Revan's ship or assist him with whatever mission he wanted help with. But either way and extra person to help Revan would be more useful than another admiral in a navy during a relatively peacful time.

That depends entirely on what Revan is doing. Revan DID leave for the unknown regions alone. That's a fact. If we're to question that, something must happen to change that.

Not very plausible... you have to remember DS players. Having two alternative stories, one with and one without a new Order, would take a fair amount of effort. It would be much easier for LA to keep a small group of Jedi.

Agreed. Still, I see no reason why you couldn't simply replace all the exile's companions with other jedi trying to build a new order, if the exile was DS.

Starting a new Order would seem like something best kept for the ending of the game, anyway. What better way to conclude the LS version of the game with the true Sith defeated, and a new Order rising now that they're gone for good?

I disagree. It makes no sense to suggest that everybody just gave up in advance. Sure, by all means - let the new, emerging order struggle to live and fail, and then end the game with it finally coming into its own. But I'd hate a plot where nobody at least tried to revive the jedi order.

No, there's a time gap. It's stated multiple times that TSL takes place 5 years after KotOR. 14 + 5 = 19. And there seems to have been no indication she left for the Unknown Regions during that time.

Yes, but Revan left for the unknown regions one year after KotOR, which is four years before TSL. Ergo: Mission was indeed 15 at the time.

What could he really do in known space? There are others who could go about helping people, which strikes me as a less pressing matter than helping to sabotage a galactic invasion.

Yes, but Jolee is not a great planner. He's more of the sort who'll answer the call when things get rough and his help is needed. That's the role I'd see him play in KotOR3 (assuming Revan is set to LS by the player).

But what threats are left? The top leadership of the Sith is destroyed, and what's left of them are fighting another civil war. Then compare that to an entire empire that's poised for invasion... HK would be very handy there.

HK-50s? Other G0-T0s? Corrupt Republic politicians trying to exploit the situation? Smugglers having a field day in the chaos of the Republic? Plenty for him to do... Besides, Revan clearly didn't want HK with him.

I would differ... being a skilled general or fighter by no way grants one an intimate knowledge of computers. Revan isn't a jack of all trades and skilled at everything, contrary to fanboy belief.

Besides, it's already shown in the game he isn't nearly as skilled as T3 when it comes to computers. If he couldn't hack through the main door of a fairly mediocre Sith base on a backwater planet, he'd be an idiot to think he could get through the doubtlessly tougher security the true Sith have.

That door was pure rail-roading, forcing you to get T3. In fact, Mission had a higher skill level in my game, and she still couldn't open that door because the game wouldn't allow it. So that is a non-issue.

Also, I doubt security among the true Sith relies on computer-controlled locks... I'd be fairly disappointed it if were. Besides, Kreia said Revan did not need the "machines" where he had gone...

It wasn't very peaceful during tsl. you can't forget the attack on telos. you might argue that that was only one battle, but this was also a hard time for the republic in general. the republic was in short, eroding under lack of infrastructure and crime and was on the verge of colapse. an admiral could do plenty to keep the peace.

oops, i forgot DS players! to be honest, i've never played ds, so i can't debate on this point.

I doubt the jedi would just stand around doing nothing, or all run blindly off into the unknown regions, leaving the republic alone, considering that after tsl the republic is about as strong as three flies. :)

Jediphile is correct here. i remember hearing this somewhere and if she's 15, Revan would not send her out to the unknown regions.

what you also have to do is take into account the character's personalities as well. even though this might be more practical, would you really expect Jolee to do something like that? i don't.

The sith isn't the only threat in the galaxy. in tsl, key points of the republic were being threatened and if these planets were lost, the republic would definitely fall, as GOTO said. there are some areas where the assasination of key political figures will be required (think civil war and Onderon). Revan knew this, and he kept HK in known space (presumably against his will) for it.

hmm...i'm not sure if you mean this, and i don't think you meant to say it in this way, but for the record I am not a Revan fanboy. anyway, as Jediphile stated, we don't really know what kinds of security systems the true sith have anyway, so arguing this won't really get us anywwhere.

Finding lost Jedi generals cut off from the Force seemed to be his main purpose in TSL... I'd wager there aren't many of those left for him to find. :)

well, he did find the exile. :)

• 3 months later...

I'd actually like to see Nomi and Vima in K3, though I know Lucasarts are unlikely to use them due to the Sunrider naming controversy. It's a shame though, and I see no particular reason for nixing the characters for that reason -just put them in there as "Master Nomi" and "Vima" without ever using the Sunrider name - we'll all know who they are talking about anyway. Simple really... Too bad it won't happen :(

It can't happen, KotOR 1 was 50 years after the War with Exar Kun. KotOR 2 was about 5 years after that, how old was Nomi in the Sith War. I'm guessing in her 20s to 30s, and we're adding 55 years to that. The odds of her believably being in KotOR 3 is extremely remote.

Must return

Bastilla

Juhani*

Jolee bindo*

Vandar*

Atris*

Brianna

Kavar (I think that he didn't die but just was stripped by the force like the exile.)

Yutarha ban(sp?)*

and maybe force goshts of died jedi(masters)

* revan and exile has gone light

I am afraid that both Vandar and Kavar are completely dead due to the effects of Force Drain; prevented even from joining the Force (most of Kavar's death details can be found when you click on his corpse). Vandar is dead in both Dark and Light storylines: if he was not killed along with Admiral Dodonna at the Battle of Rakata Prime then he was murdered on Katarr by Nihilus.

Remember that in TSL Goto predicted that the Republic would've fallen in one standard month if all the worlds the Exile visited had destabilized/withdrawn from the Republic. Unless they particularly feel like writing an entirely other plot for DS Exile(with no Republic to defend, no less) they'll have to make either LS or DS the canon ending for TSL, otherwise they'll be forced to basically write two separate games. Then again, this could explain why K3 is taking so damn long to make.

Or maybe G0T0's prediction turns out to be wrong, remember G0T0 is a droid.

G0T0 was a very smart droid, and all of his predictions are quite logical. Telos was instrumental in seeing if the restoration process would work(Canonically, it did), and Onderon was the only place on the rim that had aggressive enough wildlife to survive repopulating a devastated world. Dantooine was a vital supply link to the outer rim, which would be critical in a war against the True Sith.

Assuming DS exile, it'd be really implausible for these worlds to be back in the Republic(assuming it didn't disentigrate) for a looong time.

Archived