Home

The Third Darth Traya

SilentScope001

Each action that both Revan and the Exile took were crucial to the Republic, as stated by Kreia and G0-T0, and proven by the plot itself. Since some of these actions were gender-defined, and light side/dark side defined, the developers have to assume that one side or the other is what actually happened.

Have you heard of Canon LS and Canon DS?

Some choices are assumed to have occured, but the most important choices are left by alignment. A LS Revan would save the Republic. A DS Revan would blow it up. No need to rely on any sort of canon at all.

It is possible that, if you say in conversation that the Exile was male, then one of the characters is Brianna. It is also possible that conversation choices determine the attributes and charactaristics of each NPC, and who the enemy is. But then, what becomes the canon version of K3?

The "canon" verison of K3 would be one that would follow what is the canon verison of K1 and K2.

For example, if there is a specific villian that is formed that happens if Revan is set to LSM and Exile is set to LSF, there, that specific villian is canon and all other specific villians are uncanon.

See? Simple. Not that canon is necesseray, canon is somewhat useless, and in fact, determintal to having fun. Some people prefer a LSM Exile...or *gasp* the Dark Side.

Even if the player is allowed to choose the gender and LS/DS of the characters of KotOR 1 and 2, I still doubt that the game developers would have one of the main DS characters, and the PC's enemy, depend on these choices. It would just be extra work to program, and unnecessary when the plot could have a character that was the same no matter who the PC was be this betrayer (metephorically "Darth Traya").

But...well, they did do that. The developers thought of having Atris or Kreia be Darth Traya based on a choice made in-game (it is unknown what that choice is). They cut it, but they did have some VO for Atris acting as Darth Traya and force-choking party members hidden. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to program in a villian based on Revan/Exile's alignment.

They determined one party member, Disciple or Handmaiden, based on the M/F choice of Exile, and determined another party member, Mira or Hanharr, based on the LS/DS choice of Exile. So, it's not that complex.

It must make sense though and must fit the plot...I think the developers cut Atris becoming Darth Traya and being the final boss is because, well, it's unneeded, and it would be better to have Kreia be the final boss. Not because of complexiety, because they don't care of that, or of canon.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the developers cut Atris becoming Darth Traya and being the final boss is because, well, it's unneeded, and it would be better to have Kreia be the final boss. Not because of complexiety, because they don't care of that, or of canon.

I think they more likely cut it because it didn't make a lot of sense. Sure, Atris is a bad girl and could easily go DS (in fact, she does), but that doesn't change that "Fight the Force!" is Kreia's particular cause and not Atris'. It makes very little sense that Atris should suddenly adopt all of Kreia's goals and motives just because she became Darth Traya. I think that's why they cut it - Kreia's views and goals are pretty unique and cannot be simply shifted to Atris without credibility taking massive damage.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
It could be Revan simply on the basis of him joining the true Sith and then betraying them.

That's a very good thought. To me Darth Traya sounds like a female name. Bastila comes to mind. But I really like what you said. Kreia said that you need Darth Traya's. Maybe lightsided Revan suposedly joins the true Sith only to intentionally betray them in the end and defeat them. This could work to for the darksided Revan and it would be a legitimate betrayal, where as the lightsided Revan would just be a spy.

Darth Traya is a womans name... and I do think that Kreia was the original "Darth Traya" , but used it as a metaphor when she said " There will always be a Darth Traya" That means that someone is ALWAYS going to be betrayed and betray others...

That's a very good thought. To me Darth Traya sounds like a female name. Bastila comes to mind.

Classically, sure. However, names ending in -a or -ia are not female by definition. Take Attila the Hun, for example. I suppose it's assumed, because -a is the classic suffix for nouns in the female gender in latin, where the male counterpart is -us (and -um for neuter), but even in latin there are several words that take the male gender even if they end in -a, such as agricola (peasant) or nauta (sailor). Probably many more examples that I can't think of right now...

But I really like what you said. Kreia said that you need Darth Traya's. Maybe lightsided Revan suposedly joins the true Sith only to intentionally betray them in the end and defeat them. This could work to for the darksided Revan and it would be a legitimate betrayal, where as the lightsided Revan would just be a spy.

Exactly, and I tend to think so since it solves another problem for the game, which is how the writers can get Revan into the K3 plot regardless of whether you chose the DS or LS ending for K1. It's not a huge problem for the exile, since the exile ends up going to the unknown regions (or is at the very least suggested to do so) at the end of TSL, and so the difference between the LS and DS endings of TSL is minimal (the major one being Malachor's fate, which probably has no significance to KotOR3). The LS and DS endings of K1 are very, very different, however, and it's a challenge to write a storyline for KotOR3 that caters to both of them without writing totally different plots. This could be one way to do it.

Anyone concidered the possibility she's refering to Palatine?

Many people think she predicted the death of Jango Fett as well, so why not?

Maybe there will simply always be a Sith Lord that is caoable of infiltrating an unsuspecting Universe and reset the chess pieces. We saw this with Palpatine, and recently Jacen Solo. Not to mention Darth Krayt. :)

Interesting topic though!

Anyone concidered the possibility she's refering to Palatine?

I have little doubt that Palpatine/Sidious is a Traya by Kreia's definition. But then again, a Traya in the very, very distant future, that is - almost 4000 years later...

And we are to accept her word that there must always be a Darth Traya, there would have been several in between.

I think she said there must always be a Darth Traya because she believes her role in the Galaxy to be important, but she was as much of a threat to the Sith as to the Jedi, and as the Sith continued to exist until the Legacy era (although destroyed, rebuilt and restructured on more than one occasion) IMO she may be the last Traya/Betrayer in her sense of the Title/Word.

i think the next darth traya could either be mical/atton if exile is female or brianna/visas if male

the reason i say mical/atton if exile is female or brianna/visas if male is because one of them was your love interest and the other would feel betrayed and then betray you in kotor 3(the betrayal could be the game's twist maybe?)

idk its kinda hard to explain especially since i forgot most of my idea as i was reading the thread to check if anybody had already posted my idea

The quote she says could possibly refer to Darth Vader and Order 66...

But Darth Vader is Darth Vader, not Darth Traya... I think that Kreia/Traya said this as a metaphor, that there will always be someone that is betrayed and betrays back, not refering to anyone specific.:)

I cannot really think of someone who would be the new Darth Traya. I really don't see it being Revan, that is contradictory to everything that is canon about him. I'm sure there will be a third one, but it will probably be a new character. Another note, I don't see Darth Vader as a Darth Traya with respect to the definition Kreia gives us in KOTOR II. Who betrayed Anakin? Sure in his mid the whole universe was out to get him, but no one actually betrayed him.

• 4 months later...
I don’t know but I think that maybe the next Darth Traya could be Brianna (The Handmaiden).... She was betrayed by Atris , she is part of the New raising order and she cant control her emotion very well So she is my number 1 option....

1)Brianna

if is not her then

2) Bastila

Or if is not her for last I think It will be Dustil

He thought that he’s father betrayed him but then he "Forgave him” but then remember he did not decided to walk the path of a Jedi , he just leaved , where? We don’t know and remember he was a Sith and trained in the ways of the dark side... so he is my 3 and final option ....

Dustil's Dead. He was that dead jedi in the secret cave in Korriban.

Dustil's Dead. He was that dead jedi in the secret cave in Korriban.
No, he wasn't. That was Nebelish, he just looked like Dustil.

Whoa, and this is where in Ludo Kressh's tomb? I don't remember seeing someone who looked like Dustil Onasi...

If you are talking about that dead jedi in the room that you can recieve unlimited experiance, that isn't Dustil.

Probably just answered my own question.

I am already writing it in how the Exile is the third Darth Traya in my fanfiction. You will find out more about it later on.

I think that you did a great job on that too! Everyone, you should read RD's fic that is posted on his signature! It is very good/getting very good. So READ UP!

~Rev

Archived