Home

Forum growth

igyman

I haven't been on the forums much during the last few weeks due to my own college obligations and all and now that I do have a little more free time I have noticed this forum has begun to grow. New subforums have been created, like Tales from Javyar's Cantina in CEC and The Outlander Club and Kavar's Corner on the main page. Basically what this thread is about is me expressing my support to the mods and admins who've decided to make these additions, great work people.

I also have a suggestion regarding The Outlander Club - it seems to be restricted to discussions on RPG games, I'm thinking that you should broaden the topic type to simply 'other games', since there have been and there will surely be more threads regarding non-RPG games. So far they have been posted in Ahto, but now with this new subforum it seems kind of dumb to post RPG game threads there and all others in Ahto. I'm hoping you mods/admins agree. :)

but now with this new subforum it seems kind of dumb to post RPG game threads there and all others in Ahto. I'm hoping you mods/admins agree. :)

I'll just give a little justification for that. RPG discussions can get very detailed very quickly. In fact without looking very hard, you can find certain websites with multiple forums dedicated primarily to RPG discussions. Over here, we had certain threads in Ahto that were extending past 10 pages and were altogether unnavigable. This, and the fact that the SWK forums are based upon an RPG... well it seemed there would easily be an audience for this. Anyway, that's why it was worded the way it was.

But you're right, I think the spirit of the forum creation was to provide a place to discuss games and the wording will probably be changed shortly. :) Thanks for the constructive feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't say anything more after these two answers because I didn't think anything else needed to be said, except ''glad to have helped'', but it's been some time and the description of the Outlander Club remains the same. I'm only wondering is this because:

a) there were more important things to take care of and everybody forgot;

b) the other mods and admins dismissed the proposition;

c) of something else entirely?

Thanks for any answers in advance. :)

Archived