Robes for kotor 3

Browny11uk

What robes in kotor 3?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What robes in kotor 3?

• We should have kotor1 robes in kotor 3
    • We should have kotor2 robes in kotor 3
    • We should be able to take the robes on & off & just have tunics

TSL robes optional hood up or down based on how you feel today... also that you can put away the hardware in your hands... even Han Solo liked ramming his blaster into his holster once in a while....

hehe Yeah I'd actually love that little addition. As long as you can still twiddle your lightsaber when on boring runs though.

TSL robes as long as they loosen them up a bit. I mean the Jedi robes are supposed to be long flowing robes, but the TSL robes, while a very good improvement over the KOTOR I "robes," still had their flaws. Also with optional hood and the option to take off the robe and just wear the tunic like in the movies.

...anything but that StarForge dress.

Would absolutely love to have some hooded options.

(perhaps even have some kind of stealth bonus with the hoods up)

I would just like to see the robes behave better in motion.

I don't recall Qui-gon's or Obi's robes clinnging to thier legs when they ran.

Well everyone seems to agree that hoods are ideal... but I think they should add a different category to your equips.

Armor = Jedi Robes (the stuff they wear under cloaks), suits, various armors

and then a new category called Cloaks or something

Cloaks = Jedi Cloaks (which include optional hoods), capes, other flowing things

Of course cloaks wont do much for extra bonuses, they are just there to look cool. But this way, not just the jedis get the benefit of looking cool with cloaks and capes.

Perhaps this may be more difficult to pixelate, for instance making the capes drape over each individual's shape (including armor shapes), instead of just making a generic shape and shrinking/enlarging it.

but its not impossible, and if KOTOR 3 wants to focus on improving the old system, then this is a good place to start.

With cloaks we won't be able to see any supposed helmet, masks or those aural things :(

Oh well, I'm willing to sacrifice that!

I actually considered that.

I was thinking of something along the lines of not being able to put hoods up, if you are wearing a headgear that will be too much of a design problem. Like helmets with things sticking out of them or what not. Since masks technically pertain to the front of the face, hoods should still be able to go on top of the head without much effort. (graphically that is)

For instance,

Revan's mask would still be able to have a hood put over it. So the option remains available

While something like Fett's helmet, which has pieces sticking out from the top, would disable the hood function

nooww if only someone from the future design team will be smart enough to consider it.....

Quite simple,

Hood- Basic

THere is simply a function command such as the d-pad which yo press to open up mini menus to select basic appearance toggling functions.

You can wear your hood up/down, robes open, or close(tied)

ALSO

Weapons redying,

A button scheme to redi(take out, activate) put away, change weapons(holster art also changes to format the appearance of that weapon), different holster/strap placements.

Using clothing ends as holster/concealment placements. That is what my idea is.

ALSO

CLothing, shields, arnour...

Like morrowind, section by section, plenty of variety, different benefit mixtures and only ultimate possesions are special ones that are as rounded as character tailoring.

That's all for now

i dunno if hoods are as important as lightsabers but they are really cool ...... as far as robes go i'd like to see the option to wear the actual robe or just the tunic ...... and i'd like alot more personalized robes (darth revans robes , qel droma robes, starforge robes ect.) and better looking head gear that's not so damn big

Who cares? The devs will naturally improve all these gameplay features and the like anyway, so there’s nothing to worry about, and say if there isn’t hooded robes in KotOR III, so what? Big fooken deal! I’d take a strong, intriguing plot and characters over enhanced gameplay and extra features any day.

I agree: the TSL robes were cool, but awfully generic in most cases. If KotOR III had something like a cloaked version of the KotOR robes (with more than four variations), that would be great. Hoods aren't necessary, but are a welcome addition.

Archived