• Non Jedi to start
    • Jedi to start
    • Be a youngling padwan & then grow up
    • Sith to start
    • Non force user

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree not growing up, I prefer to play already grown-up characters but do wish to start as a Jedi this time instead of having to learn all your powers from scratch. I think they've used the plausible excuses for how you can be an adult without force powers but become a jedi still and so quickly.

I don't mind if you start out low level and build or have some sort of restrictions on force growth.

I really want to continue to play the Exile to be honest.

No way am I going to go through puberty again, not even in a game.

I'd have to say, I'd like to continue this KotOR series as an adult with an affinity to the force but, of course, not developed yet. That's the fun part, building my character.

I agree, it's going to be challenging to create yet another good storyline to allow us to do something that is supposedly so unusual in the StarWars universe. Which is, learn and control the force as an adult and become a Jedi in such a short time. However, starting as a youngling would take us too far from the KotOR format which is (IMO) quite solid.

i agree that you shuld be a youngling nd i have a few more ideas.

any1 eva heard of yaddle? the jedi that spent 100 years as a prisoner training? maybe at the start of the jedi civil war we get captured and imprisoned then 15 years later, after TSL, we escape. The whole time in imprisonment we were training so that we come out as a jedi?

I also want to be a youngling but could we be stuck as one to long. How would you decide when is it time to grow up. I love the idea. But some people would want to start the main quest right away or close to the beginning. it would be nice but some people might not like it.

I guess this is where my Radiance idea comes back into play(yet again). Funny how that works.

For the context:

You don't star off as a jedi at all(therefore for those who don't wanna be one)

You are eventually brought to the point of choosing to become one.

If so, there are a slew of BASIC help missions you could do with padawans, as the order is still thin and there is a period of temporary asignings to keep things fluidly-manageable.

And there is a major side quest akin to the main quest in value and rellevance, in that, how you choose to interact with it, which will have the option of also being interchangeable with the fluid theme, has an audible affect on the main story.

It really is that simple.

Answers all desires, and adds value. And work ofcourse.

As I have stated before I would like to play as Revan again but if there has to be a new PC I'd prefer to start as an adult. No kids this isn't Fable. If we do start as a child than that would eliminate any backstory of the character. A character without a interesting backstory would be boring.

As I have stated before I would like to play as Revan again but if there has to be a new PC I'd prefer to start as an adult. No kids this isn't Fable. If we do start as a child than that would eliminate any backstory of the character. A character without a interesting backstory would be boring.

I agree on this point. Being a kid is a bit far fetched.

However, being a coming of age adolescent would be ideal.

Like not even twenty yet.

I want to be someone who was a Padawan at the middle of the Jedi Civil War. You were becoming very powerful, and you were concerning the Masters greatly with the affinity you showed with the force. When your master fell to the dark side, they found evidence of his dark taint on you, and though you received an offer to continue training, you left in disgust because many Jedi were treating you awkwardly or badly since your master went rogue and you were an enigma. You were one of those Jedi who "switched off" his lightsaber VOLUNTARILY after the Jedi Civil War, and after the council was refounded by the Lost Jedi and others you accepted the call to come back since it was a new order who had a new mentality about you.

I would like to be either some random guy off the street or a fully-grown padawan. Either way, the devs will have to come up with a good reason as to why this person is powerful enough to go stop the True Sith.

Hold on dude, we can't even be sure that's what's going to be going on.

I want to be someone who was a Padawan at the middle of the Jedi Civil War. You were becoming very powerful, and you were concerning the Masters greatly with the affinity you showed with the force. When your master fell to the dark side, they found evidence of his dark taint on you, and though you received an offer to continue training, you left in disgust because many Jedi were treating you awkwardly or badly since your master went rogue and you were an enigma. You were one of those Jedi who "switched off" his lightsaber VOLUNTARILY after the Jedi Civil War, and after the council was refounded by the Lost Jedi and others you accepted the call to come back since it was a new order who had a new mentality about you.

Ohyeah, well I wanna be a terminator jedi.

He'll be born from a nuclear missile that went off before the republic was founded. Spending time since serving as a personal house made until the conception of personal droids arose in inspiration to the terminators presence.

And now after the jedi civil war, he has the choice to join the jedi and become a real boy.

Or force up with the dark side, and manipulate, deceive and lie until his nose grows into a gigantic lightsaber.

...No I like your idea.

Hold on dude, we can't even be sure that's what's going to be going on.

True, but that doesn't change the fact that I would much rather be a new character starting out as a Jedi. The most important thing to me is not being Revan or the Exile. We have no idea where they are or what happened to them, so suddenly becoming them would not be good.

The problem with both Revan and the exile is that they are already very powerful characters. The only way you could play as either of them is if the character lost his powers and had to start over at level 1. I mean, you really can't begin the game at level 20+, because it would rob us of the progressive element that is key to these games. Besides, how would Revan/Exile be built? We all played them differently, after all...

And, of course, we've already played the jedi-who-lost-all-his-powers-and-had-to-start-over twice, which means doing so would be VERY unoriginal.

A young adult padawan seems to be the best solution to me. Someone similar in training (but NOT disposition or manners!) to the Disciple, who were stranded after the jedi order was split. Could be someone who lost his/her master to the jedi civil war and was left with no one to train him/her after all the jedi died or scattered.

A young adult padawan seems to be the best solution to me. Someone similar in training (but NOT disposition or manners!) to the Disciple, who were stranded after the jedi order was split. Could be someone who lost his/her master to the jedi civil war and was left with no one to train him/her after all the jedi died or scattered.

This is the only way I can imagine them pulling it off. Besides, I can't imagine it being fun to replay the Exile or Revan, especially starting as high level characters. Making new friends and a new character is part of the charm for me.

I'd like to be the offspring of a Visas/Exile union. Kreia warned there would be "difficulties" should such a union take place. It would make for interesting game play, not really knowing what destiny awaits...the repercussions of two wounds in the force contained within a single character...perhaps a true sith is born.

I'd like to be the offspring of a Visas/Exile union. Kreia warned there would be "difficulties" should such a union take place. It would make for interesting game play, not really knowing what destiny awaits...the repercussions of two wounds in the force contained within a single character...perhaps a true sith is born.

Since the exile has been declared female by canon that will not happen, I fear.

Besides, if the character must be human again, I think it would be far more interesting to be the offspring of Saul Karath.

I'd like the option to be alien, though.

Let me play as Yuthura Ban, she was an extremely intriguing character, had a great back story, commanding sultry presence, and even though she was on the road to lightside recovery I somehow think she may take a few detours along the way. Besides I look good in lavender and I've always wanted pain free tattoos.

Archived