• Non Jedi to start
    • Jedi to start
    • Be a youngling padwan & then grow up
    • Sith to start
    • Non force user

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also want to be a youngling but could we be stuck as one to long. How would you decide when is it time to grow up. I love the idea. But some people would want to start the main quest right away or close to the beginning. it would be nice but some people might not like it.

If you wanted that kind of gameplay, I'd suggest Lionhead. Or just play Fable(also a great game)

Or even make up your past as you go along. You can say you fought with Revan during the Mandalorian Wars, served with him (or her, female Revan is da bomb) as a Sith, or even one of the Jedi were with Bastila to capture Revan. Me, if it were an option I'd like to be a character that helps out Lonna Vash in her efforts against the Sith, I wouldn't mind exploring that side of things. But maybe this is going into a more Galaxies area.

I'd like having a somewhat permenant past, rather than having you make it up as you go along, though leaving it open enough for intepertion. The Exile's storyline, for instance, rather than Revan's storyline. I find that the storyline of the PC is pretty important, since I enjoyed learning about The Exile in TSL. I better hope the PC has a good justification for his force connection as well, also explained by the storyline.

Or even make up your past as you go along. You can say you fought with Revan during the Mandalorian Wars, served with him (or her, female Revan is da bomb) as a Sith, or even one of the Jedi were with Bastila to capture Revan. Me, if it were an option I'd like to be a character that helps out Lonna Vash in her efforts against the Sith, I wouldn't mind exploring that side of things. But maybe this is going into a more Galaxies area.

YOU COULDNT BE A JEDI IN BASTILAS JEDI STIRK TEAM THAY ALL DIED APART FROM BASTILA HER SELF BUT THE LONNA VASH THING IS A GOD IDER

Please refrain from posting in all caps in the future, thanks. -RH

I think you should definitely have a fixed past. Being able to choose Revan and the Exile's gender/alignment gives the game enough variations, so having a varying past for your own character would only add to developing time.

I think the best way to go is to be a padawan with some kind of a special connection to the Force. Whoever develops the game, though, is going to have to come up with a believable explanation for his "special" connection, seeing as how there have already been two pc's who have had a special connection. It's going to be pretty worn out soon, so hopefully, they'll be able to come up with something good.

I don't think being a Padawan at the start is the best idea unless its like some sort of prologue guiding you through your past. But even then that still seems like the same story. You play a character who has already been trained in the force. Of course, Revan had to learn it all over again but his past is linked to Dantooine and the Master's there as was the Exile's past. What if the PC was never trained and meets the Handmaiden on Telos or some other planet and just learns from her.

I don't think being a Padawan at the start is the best idea unless its like some sort of prologue guiding you through your past. But even then that still seems like the same story. You play a character who has already been trained in the force. Of course, Revan had to learn it all over again but his past is linked to Dantooine and the Master's there as was the Exile's past. What if the PC was never trained and meets the Handmaiden on Telos or some other planet and just learns from her.

And how do you go from being a non-Jedi to being powerful enough to destroy the True Sith by the end of the game? Actually, that and being a mere padawan are pretty much the same thing, except as for being a padawan, at least you know something about the Force at the start.

Your character should definitely know about his past, and there should be a few flashbacks throughout the game simply to give the player a little bit more insight.

Anakin did it pretty fast, but he let the power go to his head. I just think it'd be interesting to go in a slightly different direction. I mean for one thing you'll be playing in an environment where the Jedi are scattered and the Sith are lurking, so why not play as some merc or nomad...

Kotor 3 Idea's

Let me just say i am the biggest kotor fan both1,2 where really great games now with the new console i have some thoughts and ideas of what would be great and would make kotor 3 a better and overall replayable game.

Below is a wish list of stuff id like to see for kotor 3!

I would like more customization options for blade color maybe a slider that allows you to adjust the color & intensity ect.

also with characters customization like oblivion another thing would be to choose to start sith or jedi or nuteral, oh and for once id like to be able to choke or kill something like a civilian or use mindtricks to make em do other elements in the game and be given more freedom to do so also it would be nice if they respawned or where recreated so i could repeat the process. and no im not the only freakn one to think about how fun it would be lol.

also more fluid combat system customizable force powers would be a bonus example like oblivion with creating spells. as well as the ablity to customize robe/armor/clothes material & colors and be able to choose whether the hood is up or down would be nice cause whats the point of having a hood if you cant wear the damn thing.

being able to choose and create apprentice's change look alliment would be great, and noo im not the only one who had 1 guy being pimped out with a bunch of sith women willing to die for me ha ha!

being able to start the hole thing over again with your full out jedi/sith would be cool too and a co-op mode to bring friends and their jedi/sith char along to destroy and or save the galaxy via xbox live and if i wanted i should be able to kill em just cause lmao!

Thanks for reading. And Remember These Are Just Idea's

also with characters customization like oblivion another thing would be to choose to start sith or jedi or nuteral, oh and for once id like to be able to choke or kill something like a civilian or use mindtricks to make em do other elements in the game and be given more freedom to do so also it would be nice if they respawned or where recreated so i could repeat the process. and no im not the only freakn one to think about how fun it would be lol.

I guess they did that to cut down on the munchkin hackfest that could otherwise ensue.

being able to start the hole thing over again with your full out jedi/sith would be cool too and a co-op mode to bring friends and their jedi/sith char along to destroy and or save the galaxy via xbox live and if i wanted i should be able to kill em just cause lmao!

Somehow I doubt that lends itself well to the sort of single-player intensive experience that KotOR games are. I certainly think it would clash with the plot, which is what I would always support.

Anyhoot, welcome to the forum.

Those are some great ideas there. For specifics...

Being able to customise your lightsaber, the hilt and such, Jedi Academy might appeal, especially with some downloads. Someone even went to the trouble of creating Revan's diffirent lightsabers. I think such customisation, such as whether it activates and extends slow or fast, would be cool.

As jediphile said turning KOTOR into Grand Theft Star Wars where you could do all of that would take away a lot of the concentrated storyline especially with all of these side quests and the like to distract you where you can decide whether or not to kill people anyway. But maybe having more action based options would be a good idea. Most of them are through text.

Jade Empire freed up the combat and made it less like an RPG and more like an action game. Some people hate that though, they want the turn based stragergy and hit points. I say dump the auto pause option and have the options of when to strike, when to block and when to grab an assailent's arm and stab them with their own weapon, Bond style.

With being able to customise your character, I'm not sure how much work an expansive editing mode would be but maybe something that lays the smackdown on other games, if you get my drift. As for alignment, that's in the game with influence and such.

A two player KOTOR game would rule, but in a sense the other characters are the other players. One would have one opinion and the other would have another, they fight with you and have personality. Were it me I'd make them smarter, where you don't have to worry about them dieing, you have to worry about yourself.

One thing that would be good in K3 would be to make the landscapes much larger and then allow the player to use a vehicle like a landspeeder or similar to travel around. It's bloody annoying walking all over the place in K1 and K2. This would, of course, make the landscapes far more empty, but at least there'd be something to look at. I don't think we can much closer to freeroaming than that in a linear plot-driven game, though.

I think we should start out as a jedi right away. At this point in this series it doesn't make sense to me to start out as a youngling or a kid. It could be Revan or the Exile, doesnt make a difference to me really. Or it could be a new character who follows Revan or the Exile.

I think we should start out as a jedi right away. At this point in this series it doesn't make sense to me to start out as a youngling or a kid. It could be Revan or the Exile, doesnt make a difference to me really. Or it could be a new character who follows Revan or the Exile.

Agreed. Playing a kid or youngling would not be good, and if the character is to grow powerful over the course of the game - and of course he or she will - then the character needs to be a jedi to begin with in order to not strain credibility too far. Training to be a jedi usually takes years and years, and playing through those is not too exciting, methinks. That's why they avoided it in the previous games - Revan already being a jedi but not remembering it, while the exile lost his connection to the force. You can't play as either again, since that would mean cutting them down to level 1 again somehow, which I would hate.

A new character could be young jedi, though. Not a kid, but an adolescent jedi around 16 or 17 years of age. Not a kid, but not an adult either. I do like rich background, but they've done it twice in two games now, and if it's there mainly to serve as an excuse for allowing the character to rise to high levels quickly, then I don't want to see it again. It may seem explain a quick rise in power, but having someone experienced begin at level 1 every time is also none too convincing. So let it be a younger jedi who has gone through the years of training and has great force potential.

I do think Revan and the exile should appear during the game, though, just not as the main characters. But I think they could be playable toward the end of the game, when the new main character has reached levels that is not woefully lower than theirs.

How about being able to play as a fully powered up Revan or Exile for a little bit at the start? With powers such as Force Storm, Death Field, Force Wave and lightsaber skills to put even Yoda and Anakin to shame. Could be a nice taste of what to expect and this scene could fill in a lot of background.

Yeah, a bit of a tutorial and everything. Have it set with Revan fighting against Bastila, or the Exile on Malechor V, something that explains their story or reveals some heatho unknown part of their story. Even chuck in dialogue options, such as before fighting Bastila Revan can justify his actions, or not, and maybe even have the PC creation section beforehand so people can create their character, using previous Revan\Exile models (and maybe new ones) so people can well and truely have their cake in establishing who their Revan and Exile were, before going ahead and creating a new character to play through the game with. That way we can have Revan and the Exile in any number of ways because their looks and personality had been established in the prologue.

Well what about...for my dream state activity, you play yourself and you are in a place you've never seen before and while exploring you see two figures, Revan and the Exile. the Only thing is you don't see their faces, just Revan wearing his cloak and the Exile wearing a Grey Cloak, both of them with their hoods up. And as you approach them, you get attacked by something weird and wake up. The dreams continue and they become much clearer as the story continues, but you never see the two heroes' faces.

Archived