Home

Sea of Empires

Alkonium

(First of all, I stated in the Casting Call that the Emperor is too ill to make any important decisions, second, I doubt he would deliberately plunge the Empire into civil war, and third, Khan is the diplomat from Niya, not Tarim)

I hadn't noticed because this roleplay is very confusing to the other ones as it seems there is no actual plot. I didn't notice that someone already was named Khan anyway..

Hoch arrived at the temple jumping of his cart. He was at the temple where some days ago many people had arrived. He made sure his two swords were with him just incase anything nasty happened and his katana was also ready. It seemed calm there he had been called here but for what. Something about representing his province Niya?

(his all, sorry i got here late i'm nit very sure how things are going , i'm a bit confused so can you give me a brief idea of what's going on? thanks)

"Knock yourself out, if you can do it a few priests of mine need a good talking to." Adria said tp Kenshin "I dought your here to translate a tablet. What can I do for you General?" She said, turning her intention to Portia.

Kenshin disliked the term of kid but to the seasoned warriors, he was a mere child compared to them, but he could hold his own. He took the tome and began to read it. His mind went to work on translation and retranslation, all without the aid of paper.

General Portia couldn't help but be proud of Kenshin. Ever since he proved himself against a gang of pirates, she was ready to accept his word. Not always at the drop of a hat but she respected his opinions. The fact that he was handsome didn't escape her but she never dwelt on it. She turned her attention to Adria and said, "I am sure you are well aware that the treaty that was signed fifty years ago regarding my merchant fleet and trade betwen our two provinces is up for renegotiation."

"Awww, isn't he quite?" Adria mocked "I'm sorry but that whole true soldier attiude muses me. Nothing but last's forever, not even the Gods, trust me when I say that when the Empire falls each government will stand alone and adventually war will break though, best thing you can do is prepare your Empire for that time."

"Yes we need to renegotiate. I understand that from what I inhereited as leader of the Ferai province that there is a condition that I deem unfair. I would like to change it so as to benefit both sides," Portia began before Alexander interrupted.

"I've got it," Kenshin shouted to interrupt the argument. Truth of the matter was that he had the translation already down. He just wanted to listen in on what the others were saying. That was how he found out about a lot of things and was able to relay them to his people or Portia. He walked up to the group waving the tome, appearing excited about the translation.

"It's good to see you again, Hrisskar." Varacles said, hugging Kronson. "Likewise, old friend." Hrisskar replied. "This is my bodyguard, Spartus. He was also Altus' most promising young scholar before the Insectoid attack two years ago." Varacles added. "It's an honour to finally meet you." Spartus said.

• 3 months later...

"So, is this a joint entourage from Ferai and Niya, or is Kenshin with you for another reason?" Alexander replied. "But he is right, that tablet holds in it a prophecy that foretells the end of the Empire. It was set down here by the Gods when they pulled this land from the Golden Sea. I'm simply trying to make sure it doesn't come to pass, as blasphemous as that might be."

"You cannot deny what the gods have decreed unless you offer an alternative," Kenshin replied softly. He held a great regard for the gods and knew that Portia did as well. How else was her fleet to sail through the seas safely. True she had lost a few because the captains in charge were foolish but she was held in high regard with the god of the sea.

Portia, having a good idea what Kenshin was thinking, nodded and added, "The gods gave us life. We have to show appreciation. Maybe they will decide to let us stay on this land a while longer."

"These prophecies are a thousand years old, and they have been very accurate so far. I doubt the Gods will spare us themselves. Sometimes I wonder if the Altians are right in not holding them in such high regard. They haven't fallen out of favour yet. In fact, Altus seems to currently be the most politically stable of the Provinces." Alexander commented.

Archived