Home

What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Joetheeskimo

Mods: If a form of this thread already exists, please delete this one.

So here's the question: What worlds do you want in K3? Give reasons!

Here are mine:

Taris Ruins: For nostalgic reasons, and also because Carth says "Not a building over two stories high was left standing"...therefore there must have been survivors, and then of course there's the Undercity...it would be interesting to see what has happened since the Sith bombardment in K1.

Coruscant: The thing I loved about Taris was that it was one big, beautiful city of skyscrapers. I didn't like the planets in TSL because they were all ruins or wilderness -- in a sky-scraper city, there are many quests and a Jedi feels at home. :) So why not have the greatest skyscraper city in all the galaxy? Plus, perhaps the character could meet the Coruscant Jedi Council and visit the Jedi Temple, if such things are around then.

Yavin IV - That is, the surface. Yavin IV has a lot of ancient history, with Exar Kun and the Massassi...no doubt it would be like Dxun -- but much more foreboding and strong with the Dark Side -- here, perhaps, the charcter might find old Massassi ruins, learn about Exar Kun, find some ancient relic or holocron.

Post yours! :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoth...

With the Rebel alliance there and all in the future, there would have had to have been a reason they chose Hoth for it. And if they have a Jedi there, died, and was buried there, then Luke could have found a holocron... but there wasn't time before the Sith attacked, but anyway... the Jedi, that you are in the III one found the Holocron, bc the person died within the Great Hyperspace War, or something like that.

I really want to see Coruscant big time. I'll feel cheated if I don't. :(.

Other than that, I want them to invent some planets. Make up some all-new story, some cool planets we've never heard of before :D. One thing I'd like to see though is planets full of LIFE, exploring a dead Korriban had no appeal to me. Even Nar Shadda which was "packed to the brim" had like, what, six people standing in the landing zone?

Mods: If a form of this thread already exists, please delete this one.

So here's the question: What worlds do you want in K3? Give reasons!

Here are mine:

Telos Ruins: For nostalgic reasons, and also because Carth says "Not a building over two stories high was left standing"...therefore there must have been survivors, and then of course there's the Undercity...it would be interesting to see what has happened since the Sith bombardment in K1.

Coruscant: The thing I loved about Telos was that it was one big, beautiful city of skyscrapers. I didn't like the planets in TSL because they were all ruins or wilderness -- in a sky-scraper city, there are many quests and a Jedi feels at home. :) So why not have the greatest skyscraper city in all the galaxy? Plus, perhaps the character could meet the Coruscant Jedi Council and visit the Jedi Temple, if such things are around then.

Yavin IV - That is, the surface. Yavin IV has a lot of ancient history, with Exar Kun and the Massassi...no doubt it would be like Dxun -- but much more foreboding and strong with the Dark Side -- here, perhaps, the charcter might find old Massassi ruins, learn about Exar Kun, find some ancient relic or holocron.

Post yours! :)

Don't you mean Taris? ;) Telos was Carth's home planet and you go there in TSL.

I would really like Alderaan, that would be really cool to hava look around, home of Qel Droma, Bail and Leia. Yavin IV would also be very cool although explored that in JA ;) so not too fussed.

Coruscant is a MUST... I want to hava look around that room of a thousand fountains that Kreia was on about. And generally an 'old' Jedi Temple would be very cool. e.g. you can recognize it from the films but its smaller, slightly different. You know what I mean.

You're right. I did mean Taris. *Edits*

I can just imagine how much potential the game makers could get out of Coruscant -- the actually tippy-top of the city would be like Taris, and then the farther down you go, the more crime-filled and dangerous it gets...It would be like Taris on steroids.

Other than that, I want them to invent some planets. Make up some all-new story, some cool planets we've never heard of before :D. One thing I'd like to see though is planets full of LIFE, exploring a dead Korriban had no appeal to me. Even Nar Shadda which was "packed to the brim" had like, what, six people standing in the landing zone?

Ditto. Like I said before, TSL had too many ruins and lifeless planets. It's much more fun fighting equally-matched humans than slicing your way through hordes of obnoxious creatures that all look the same, don't speak and have no background story. Even droids are more fun. That's why I always enjoy playing K1 more, because the planets that are barren in TSL are still teeming with human -- or other intelligent -- life in K1, and so there's more interaction.

I would really like Alderaan, that would be really cool to hava look around, home of Qel Droma, Bail and Leia. Yavin IV would also be very cool although explored that in JA ;) so not too fussed.

Coruscant is a MUST... I want to hava look around that room of a thousand fountains that Kreia was on about. And generally an 'old' Jedi Temple would be very cool. e.g. you can recognize it from the films but its smaller, slightly different. You know what I mean.

Yup, I'd like Alderaan and Coruscant as well. We've never explored Alderaan, so I think it's about time.

And Coruscant IS a must! If there is to be a final, climactic battle with the true Sith that decides the fate of the galaxy, then where else would it be relevant to put?

I would also like to see Sleheyron, which was supposed to be in KotOR - we've heard about it in both games now.

Also include Myrkr - won't that be a neat twist for all your jedi? ;)

We should also have some true Sith worlds. I would nominate Khar Delba, where Naga Sadow had his secret hideout on the moon, Khar Shian. Other possible worlds are Rhelg or Ch'hodos. Thule sounds cool, too. I'm ambivalent about Korriban, though - we've seen it twice in two games now.

Like Coruscant, Ziost is another must, though! It's only the throneworld of the ancient Sith Empire, so it needs to be in KotOR3!

I vote all new, barring 1 planet seen before in the movies, just for a little bit of a link. (hehe maybe even a lovely and pleasant Mustafar, and somehting you do turns it into a volcanic wasteland, lol)

I can't express how boring seeing Dantooine and Korriban again would be. Lets find some new Jedi/Sith specific paces to explore.

Yup, I'd like Alderaan and Coruscant as well. We've never explored Alderaan, so I think it's about time.

And Coruscant IS a must! If there is to be a final, climactic battle with the true Sith that decides the fate of the galaxy, then where else would it be relevant to put?

I would also like to see Sleheyron, which was supposed to be in KotOR - we've heard about it in both games now.

Also include Myrkr - won't that be a neat twist for all your jedi? ;)

We should also have some true Sith worlds. I would nominate Khar Delba, where Naga Sadow had his secret hideout on the moon, Khar Shian. Other possible worlds are Rhelg or Ch'hodos. Thule sounds cool, too. I'm ambivalent about Korriban, though - we've seen it twice in two games now.

Like Coruscant, Ziost is another must, though! It's only the throneworld of the ancient Sith Empire, so it needs to be in KotOR3!

Yeh Korriban has been done to death, don't want it in the next one. Ch'hodos, is another desert world so too similar to Korriban so wouldn't want that either. Don't know much about Rehlg.

I would nominate Khar Delba and Khar Shian as well (you could do them like Onderon/Dxun) As Khar Delba is an Icy world with Nago Sadows decoy castle and Khar Shain is different with the real castle. Would give different enviornments to explore. Ziost is also a real possibility although would it be very similar to Kashyyyk? But then where the Throne Palace was would be cool to explore. I'm easy on Sleheyron and I didn't think anyone lived on Myrkr during KotOR time period, or do you only want to go there for the ysalamiri ;) Would be interesting not being able to use the force against enemies would be a good twist!

This Thread has been done many times before, but I'll post my views again.

Planets I Do Want

Coruscant: This should be the Taris of KOTOR III and should be the location of the new Jedi Order, if there is one.

Alderaan: Other than ROTS, this planet isn't seen much. I think that the planet could have lots of potential in KOTOR III.

Sleheyron: Again, like Alderaan, it has lots of potential in the next game. It was also cancelled from both KOTOR and TSL and I think it deserves to be in KOTOR III.

Lehon: One planet to tie in with KOTOR. Revan must have left some clues to what he is doing in the Unknown Regions and I think it would also be a good way to explore Revan's past.

Dxun: A planet to tie in with TSL. If there are less hills and less annoying Cannoks, I'll like this planet to be the location for Clan Ordo once again.

One new planet: This could be in the Unknown Regions and the location of the final battle. If this isn't possible, the final battle on Coruscant would be good.

Planets I Don't Want

Dantooine: This planet bores me to death. KOTOR it was alright, but in TSL, it was boring. Surely Coruscant can be the planet for the Jedi this time around. It will become what Tatooine was to the Star Wars Saga. A bit boring and repetitive.

Korriban: As much as I like this planet, I really don't want it to be in KOTOR III. Like Dantooine, it will become what Tatooine was to the Star Wars Saga. A bit boring and repetitive.

Manaan: I really don't like this planet. Those Selkath annoy me with their stupid laws. I really don't want to return here.

Yavin IV has so much potential, not to mention history, i'd love to see it there as KOTOR III's answer to Korriban. I also like the idea of Coruscant and Taris ruins, i love the idea of strolling through the neon-lit corridors of the entertainment sector, the glittering spiresof the upper regions, the dirty industrial areas. anyone who has every played Star Wars: Bounty Hunter will know what i mean. I personally would like to see Malastare in there, with it's conflict between the Dugs and Grans, it's jungle and methane lakes, it's podracing origins (i smell a swoop location), it could fit just about any role. Possibly one of the Jedi planets such as Ilum or Ossus would be cool. it's so hard to decide though, i know this from choosing the planets to appear in my fan-fic. There are so many cultured, interesting worlds to choose from.

Hey, taris again wouldnt be a bad idea. Maybe we could find something buried there?

Yeah, Coruscant would be cool, as well as new planets. And, of course, Sleyheron, which I don't expect to be a beautiful planet, but after hearing so much about it, I'm rether curious.

Yavin IV, but this time on the ground.

i love the idea of strolling through the neon-lit corridors of the entertainment sector, the glittering spiresof the upper regions, the dirty industrial areas. anyone who has every played Star Wars: Bounty Hunter will know what i mean.

Ah yes. I wouldn't mind starting off in KOTOR III in the dirty industrial areas, but I suppose it will follow the tradition of the Prologue beginning in a ship. If that is so, I believe it should be a ship that belongs to a Hutt.

Ah yes. I wouldn't mind starting off in KOTOR III in the dirty industrial areas, but I suppose it will follow the tradition of the Prologue beginning in a ship. If that is so, I believe it should be a ship that belongs to a Hutt.

As a prisoner perhaps? Jedi mission gone wrong. But we're getting ahead of ourselves ;)

I would sort of like an opening like Episode III, except KOTOR-ified. Space battle over Coruscant. I mean, how much more traditiona can you get?

Also, what do you think Coruscant would look like milleniums before the Civil War? Sparser? Cleaner? The same? I'm not sure myself.

i definately want korriban back but reinhabited, just the history the aura of the darkside its really cool, ummm courasant alot of land marks it's be cool to go to the jedi temple and the senate (it'd be cool if you had to adress the senate) or fight in them, and i might like to see dantooine back if they reinvent the place

Planets I Want

Coruscant: Coruscant must be in K3. It's like the White House of the Galaxy.

Sleheyron: Mostly because this planet was canceled form KotOR. Also, it seems to have a lot of potential.

Lehon: As Topsite said, this would be a good place to find a clue of where Revan went and why.

Alderaan: As has been said, this is a famous planet with not much known about it. It would be nice to explore it finally.

Ziost: Home of the Ancient Sith Empire - a must.

Myrkr: Think about it - all those little pesky Ysalimiri keeping you from using the Force! Doesn't that sound like fun?? :D

Ruins of Taris: Not really sure what could be gained here, I just want to go back.

Yavin IV: A lot of history there. Might be a good place to find out things of the Ancient Sith Lords.

Planets I Don't Want

Korriban: Sure, it's another home of the Sith, but we've already been twice. I like this planet, but it gets old after a while.

Dantooine: Another home of the Jedi, but we've been twice. Another oldie.

Hoth: A straight up ice planet with no population. doesn't sound like a good place to find the True Sith.

Tatooine: All desert, in the middle of nowhere. It's a little too rural to be a big part of history. Maybe it could be included as a side planet that doesn't really have anything to do with the plot, just because of it's popularity.

What worlds should be in KotOR III depends on what the plot is. It SHOULD be a follow up of TSL, where we fight the True Sith, actually SEE (which would be much more interesting and dramatic than hearing about it) what happens to Revan, the Exile, their companions and so on, so on that basis…

The planets I want to see in KotOR III are

Coruscant: this would be awesome from a role-playing, plot, visual and dramatic point of view. I've been convinced now that it's okay to start off as a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight on Coruscant, even though it is forced. Just as long as how and why I'm there in the beginning is NOT forced on me, it's all good. I'll make that one up in my head thanks.

Ziost

Khar Delba/Khar Shian

Thule

Sleheyron

Alderaan

The above for reasons already explained on this thread and previous ones.

Add in one or two more planets (where there's plenty of people to interact with = more role playing) and it's all good. I'd have those seven planets I've mentioned in KotOR III for sure though.

Of course, the most important thing is to establish convincing plot reasons why we visit the planets we’ll visit in KotOR III.

Here's what I'd like to see:

Coruscant - It would be great to finally see the Senate in KOTOR. Also, it would be awesome to see the Jedi Temple in all its glory.

Mustafar - It might explain why HK-47 is there in Trials of Obi-Wan ;)

Alderaan - Just such an interesting planet. We should spend as much time with it as we can, since that jerk Tarkin will blow it up years later.

Sleheyron and M4-78 - might as well add the planets that couldn't make it in the first 2 games.

Corellia - It just has to be there. End of story.

Planets I want to see:

Coruscant: This is the most fascinating planet in Starwars! The grand finale should be there, but the planet should be accessable from the beginning.

Corellia: not the total city which coruscant is, but still, there's a lot to see there.

Sleheyron: For obvious reasons

Nal Hutta: This planet would be interesting...

I'd like to see Ossus in the game, well the ruins of. maybe there could be storylines involving Odan-Urr who still resides there in tree form, or the group of jedi survivers who hid in a cave during the planets near destruction.

Coruscant, speaks for its self.

Corellia, like onderon has populated moons, also corellians were enslaved to build the star forge

Arkania, originally a sith world, later under the control of the republic. there was a jedi praxeum there at some point.

It all depends when the game will be based, the sith (exar and Ulic, Revan and malak) pretty much layed waste to most planets in this era. maybe if the game was a prequal to kotor 1 places like ossus would be more ripe for stories

I'd like to see Ossus in the game, well the ruins of. maybe there could be storylines involving Odan-Urr who still resides there in tree form, or the group of jedi survivers who hid in a cave during the planets near destruction.

Personally I dislike that idea just as much as I dislike having Yavin IV in K3 and for the same reason - it messes with established Star Wars lore by interfering with Odan-Urr's and Exar Kun's status on each planet. Don't mess with history - Star Wars chronology is fragmented enough as it is.

It all depends when the game will be based, the sith (exar and Ulic, Revan and malak) pretty much layed waste to most planets in this era. maybe if the game was a prequal to kotor 1 places like ossus would be more ripe for stories

Since Ossus was laid waste about 40 years before K1, it would push the game into more than a prequel to the KotOR games. Games like that or based on the Mandalorian Wars, as have been suggested in the past, could be interesting enough, but they are not very attractive as RPGs. Why? Because subsequent Star Wars history is fixed and so dictates what can and cannot happen in the plot.

And that, of course, is if we completely ignore that we have an unfinished plot from TSL that begs closure.

Personally I dislike that idea just as much as I dislike having Yavin IV in K3 and for the same reason - it messes with established Star Wars lore by interfering with Odan-Urr's and Exar Kun's status on each planet. Don't mess with history - Star Wars chronology is fragmented enough as it is.

Touche', Although short of uprooting Odan-Urr theres not much you can do to mess with his story.

Since Ossus was laid waste about 40 years before K1, it would push the game into more than a prequel to the KotOR games. Games like that or based on the Mandalorian Wars, as have been suggested in the past, could be interesting enough, but they are not very attractive as RPGs. Why? Because subsequent Star Wars history is fixed and so dictates what can and cannot happen in the plot.

Your right there, the comics have got that bit covered.

And that, of course, is if we completely ignore that we have an unfinished plot from TSL that begs closure.

Iv'e got to disagree, TSL should be left where it is, I was quite disapointed with Obsidians Attempt, Good game but no K1

Archived