Home

What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Joetheeskimo

^^

To each his own.

Personally I liked that TSL took a darker turn from the usual 'all black and white' of Star Wars.

But I know many Star Wars fans prefer the more classic and epic good vs. evil stories, where the heroes and villains are clearly defined. I don't mean to sound elitist when I say that, because it's completely justified and fair to prefer the more classic vision of Star Wars, which is after all, IMHO, more of space fantasy and a morality play than it is science fiction - Star Wars, to me, is closer to Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter than it is to Star Trek or Doctor Who.

I like the grey and dark of TSL, but I also think that is as far from the typical good vs. evil as we can go in Star Wars. I liked the plot in TSL better than KotOR. I did not like how fragmented and badly it was told, though, which seemed to be due to the rushed development schedule.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iv'e got to disagree, TSL should be left where it is, I was quite disapointed with Obsidians Attempt, Good game but no K1

Do you not want to find out what happened to Revan, and who the True Sith are?

^^

To each his own.

Personally I liked that TSL took a darker turn from the usual 'all black and white' of Star Wars.

But I know many Star Wars fans prefer the more classic and epic good vs. evil stories, where the heroes and villains are clearly defined. I don't mean to sound elitist when I say that, because it's completely justified and fair to prefer the more classic vision of Star Wars, which is after all, IMHO, more of space fantasy and a morality play than it is science fiction - Star Wars, to me, is closer to Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter than it is to Star Trek or Doctor Who.

I like the grey and dark of TSL, but I also think that is as far from the typical good vs. evil as we can go in Star Wars. I liked the plot in TSL better than KotOR. I did not like how fragmented and badly it was told, though, which seemed to be due to the rushed development schedule.

I agree, infact I think TSL is amazing untill just after the meeting with all the Jedi Masters, after that however I think because of rushed development it goes awry.

Corusant; without doubt instead of Dantooine for becoming Jedi etc Like Taris there is potential for many levels and would make for a great long opening planet.

Taris; rebuilding as on Telos, it would be interesting to see if you find those outcasts that go searching for the promised land.

Alderaan; just because its mentioned so much in Star Wars etc.

No to Korriban, Dantooine,Tattoine and Kashyyk

I don't mind Manaan but I would like to see something different done there.

A new planet either mentioned previously or not, just somewhere new is always a good thing.

What about Nabu?

Do you not want to find out what happened to Revan, and who the True Sith are?

Yes I do

I agree, infact I think TSL is amazing untill just after the meeting with all the Jedi Masters, after that however I think because of rushed development it goes awry.

Don't get me wrong I want to like it, the old republic is my favourite era, but when I play it, I find myself skipping most of it, and then the Ending is rushed.

I completely agree, I also like a variation in motifs, prefer harry potter to star trek (boo), I just don't like TSL as much as K1.

Well, I doubt you'll see much argument there, since that is precisely where the plot begins to take a huge turn to the left. I really like the TSL plot - more so than KotOR - but the point you mention here is precisely where it begins to go wrong. Such a shame - it could have been so much better :(

• 4 weeks later...

Just like everyone else here, I definitely want Corusant to be part of KOTOR 3. However, I disagree when some people say that they want a big battle there like in ep 3. Staging a battle like that over Corusant has no purpose, and we should spend more time trying to look for Revan and the exile rather than trying to invent an excuse to stage some meaningless battle over Corusant

Personally I'd like to see the following:

Ziost: From what I understand, it's practically right next door to Korriban and may even be considered its sister planet. It's pretty important because the Sith species existed there as well as on Korriban (I'm guessing some of them were transferred there by their Rakatan slavers during the days of the Infinite Empire, since the Sith were far too primitive, even in 7,000 BBY, to have known of space travel on their own). It was also where the capital of their kingdom was moved for a time, and from where the Sith king ruled. It should deffinately play a part in the KOTOR saga.

Coruscant: This is a no-brainer. Capital of the Republic and home of the Jedi. There should deffinately be a part of the game where the player traverses the Jedi Temple.

Yavin IV: The place where Exar Kun raised his army of Massassi warriors, died, and returned 4,000 years later to terrorize the New Jedi. Also the future base for the Rebel Alliance home to the New Jedi Order. We may battle some of the leftover Massassi from days past.

Tython: Birthplace of the Jedi Order. Perhaps some ancient ruins may shed some light on the Order's enigmatic origins. It was a place where the Force Wars were waged between various religions and philosophies, out of which the Jedi were born; so it's probably extremely high in Force activity, both light and dark. This world was also cleansed of Tarrentaktics during the Great Hunt. Perhaps there are still a few lurking in the shadows?

Ossus: Home to the Jedi Order for many, many millenia. Right up until just before the games, no less. There's deffinately got to be something important to be uncovered there.

Corbos: The world on which the Dark Jedi were defeated before being exiled to the Outer Rim, where they came upon Korriban and Ziost and their native species: the Sith. Deffinately important.

Various Unknown Regions Worlds: Home to the mysterious "true Sith."

Another thing: nearly all of the Jedi we meet in both games were trained at the enclave on Dantooine. And the Jedi have how many enclaves throughout the galaxy? it's getting old! Revan (twice!), Bastila, Juhani, the Exile and Mical. Jolie and Kreia we don't know about, and Atton and Brianna had no prior Jedi training. Seriously, have the Jedi characters in KOTOR III come from different enclaves. The main character should come from Coruscant. If not, then have one of the other Jedi characters come from Coruscant, but deffinately have a part of the game where you must visit the Jedi Temple there.

Personally I'd like to see the following:

Ziost: From what I understand, it's practically right next door to Korriban and may even be considered its sister planet. It's pretty important because the Sith species existed there as well as on Korriban (I'm guessing some of them were transferred there by their Rakatan slavers during the days of the Infinite Empire, since the Sith were far too primitive, even in 7,000 BBY, to have known of space travel on their own). It was also where the capital of their kingdom was moved for a time, and from where the Sith king ruled. It should deffinately play a part in the KOTOR saga.

Coruscant: This is a no-brainer. Capital of the Republic and home of the Jedi. There should deffinately be a part of the game where the player traverses the Jedi Temple.

Yavin IV: The place where Exar Kun raised his army of Massassi warriors, died, and returned 4,000 years later to terrorize the New Jedi. Also the future base for the Rebel Alliance home to the New Jedi Order. We may battle some of the leftover Massassi from days past.

Tython: Birthplace of the Jedi Order. Perhaps some ancient ruins may shed some light on the Order's enigmatic origins. It was a place where the Force Wars were waged between various religions and philosophies, out of which the Jedi were born; so it's probably extremely high in Force activity, both light and dark. This world was also cleansed of Tarrentaktics during the Great Hunt. Perhaps there are still a few lurking in the shadows?

Ossus: Home to the Jedi Order for many, many millenia. Right up until just before the games, no less. There's deffinately got to be something important to be uncovered there.

Corbos: The world on which the Dark Jedi were defeated before being exiled to the Outer Rim, where they came upon Korriban and Ziost and their native species: the Sith. Deffinately important.

Various Unknown Regions Worlds: Home to the mysterious "true Sith."

Another thing: nearly all of the Jedi we meet in both games were trained at the enclave on Dantooine. And the Jedi have how many enclaves throughout the galaxy? it's getting old! Revan (twice!), Bastila, Juhani, the Exile and Mical. Jolie and Kreia we don't know about, and Atton and Brianna had no prior Jedi training. Seriously, have the Jedi characters in KOTOR III come from different enclaves. The main character should come from Coruscant. If not, then have one of the other Jedi characters come from Coruscant, but deffinately have a part of the game where you must visit the Jedi Temple there.

Very good ideas.

Ziost - definitely!

Coruscant - Yes, it IS a no-brainer :) This is where I want the climax of the story to take place.

Yavin IV - please no. Sorry, but I just don't trust ANYONE to write a a KotOR3 that doesn't screw up Exar Kun's legacy there somehow. He's supposed to to be trapped there for four millennia. So let him rest in peace.

Tython - if there is a plot reason for it, sure. But there are certainly places I'd rather see.

Ossus - I feel the same way about that one as I do with Yavin IV. Besides, Ossus is a smoldering ruin at this time in history - there is nothing to see there.

Corbos - seems to be just an ancient battlefield. I don't want to go sightseeing the locations of wars past. I'd much rather be fighting a new one against the true Sith.

Various Unknown Regions Worlds - Obviously. Rhelg and Khar Shian/Khar Delba seem to be candidates there. Perhaps even Thule.

well, first off i'm hoping this game is real long, get a good 8 planets in there, big ones to, and definitly throw Coruscant in there

I doubt that'll happen. In fact, I'd support fewer planets if more stuff happen on them. They give the impression of all being incredibly small in both KotOR and TSL, with Telos being the only exception.

NO Manaan... No more those fishies please!

And very very little Dantooine, Tatooine and

Kashyyyk or not at all...

Maybe Naboo... (Or something similar...)

Maybe Coruscant... And Alderaan...

And some Telos (the ruins...)

And of course Korriban should be there!

May I point out the Problem with Naboo in the KotOR era is that it hasn't been settled by humans yet, so no Theed etc, and do you really want to run into Gungans? (admitadly Jar-Jar has tarnished what could have been a decent species in my eyes).

You could have Ossus but I'm not a fan, I agree with Jediphile that things are too fragmented as they are, although maybe a vision back to Ossus in all its glory in a holocron would be cool!!

No. That tree belongs to Luke in Dark Empire II, so leave it alone. There is quite enough contradictory Star Wars history around as it is.

Like you said in an earlier post, ossus is a baron waste at this point in history, so there not much you could do there anyway, but I don't understand your View on Ood Bnar? Its not like he's gonna turn back into humanoid form and go and help you in your mission, ret-conning Dark Empire in the process.

Like you said in an earlier post, ossus is a baron waste at this point in history, so there not much you could do there anyway, but I don't understand your View on Ood Bnar? Its not like he's gonna turn back into humanoid form and go and help you in your mission, ret-conning Dark Empire in the process.

Doesn't Ood Bnar say Luke is the first Jedi he has run into though? I may well be mistaken on this point.

Doesn't Ood Bnar say Luke is the first Jedi he has run into though? I may well be mistaken on this point.

I don't remember Ood and Luke having any dialog, but your probably right, one quick chat in 4000 years is hardly gonna cause a paradox though is it?

Well, even if bob talks to Ood in k3 it still does not change the fact that luke is the first jedi ood talks to in thousands of years.

As for Coruscant... From what I remember the place is nothing close to the big city we know of, but I guess it would be interesting.

As for Alderaan, sure why not, I mean we have never been there in any games ever, plus we get to see those bug holes on the mountains. Now hopefully therer is nothing in the story about "joiners"

Archived