Home

What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Joetheeskimo

I wouldn't mind seeing Cinnagar/Empress Teta in K3. It would be cool to start there (like Taris or Peragus) since it's a core system, and then work your way toward the outer rim planets, and then into the unknown regions.

I don't think they would put Cinnagar and Coruscant in the same game though.

Yes, Cinnagar and the Teta-System would be nice, much nicer than Coruscant...

it fits better into the group of Kotor-like planets

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any world that the LS/DS Exile or LS/DS Revan went on and changed their political structure would automatically be discounted. That would avoid work and prevent them from creating a Canon LS or Canon DS.

This would include:

K1:

-Mannan

-Kashyykk

TSL:

-Telos

-Dantooine

-Nar Shadda (maybe not, you really did nothing over there...)

-Onderon

another thing: perhaps a world resembling the Outcast station from Bounty Hunter? i'm talking about a self contained space station type thing, possibly using similiar structure to the Yavin IV station from KOTOR. perhaps?

In terms of bounty hunting - i'd like to see a stronger theme of this in Kotor III, maybe in terms of quests or party companions; i feel there hasn't been enough of this in the Kotor series. Some may think bounty hunting is irrelevant, as Kotor focuses more on the rivalry between Sith and Jedi, but i feel it may be a good change to incorporate more of this - maybe even having the main character (the one you play) as a bounty hunter. I think it could work as the bounty hunter could be tracking the exile from Kotor II as 'the last of the jedi' has a bounty on him/her and when your character finds the exile, he/she warms to the exiles personality and ultimately joins him/her as they search for Revan. The bounty hunter could be force sensitive and later learn to become a jedi, but i feel that we have seen this in both Kotor games and so it would be good to have a main protagonist without force knowledge - it could steer the series in a more interesting and original direction.

In terms of bounty hunting - i'd like to see a stronger theme of this in Kotor III, maybe in terms of quests or party companions; i feel there hasn't been enough of this in the Kotor series. Some may think bounty hunting is irrelevant, as Kotor focuses more on the rivalry between Sith and Jedi, but i feel it may be a good change to incorporate more of this - maybe even having the main character (the one you play) as a bounty hunter. I think it could work as the bounty hunter could be tracking the exile from Kotor II as 'the last of the jedi' has a bounty on him/her and when your character finds the exile, he/she warms to the exiles personality and ultimately joins him/her as they search for Revan. The bounty hunter could be force sensitive and later learn to become a jedi, but i feel that we have seen this in both Kotor games and so it would be good to have a main protagonist without force knowledge - it could steer the series in a more interesting and original direction.

If bounty hunting were to appear in K3 (which I'm sure it would) I would like to see it done a little differently. I'm not that enthusiatic about the idea of the PC trying to claim the bounty on the Exile, but if the PC actually does get to do some bounty hunting, I would like it if the bounties weren't on the same planet. I thought the bounties on Taris in K1 were very stupid for just hiding in apartments that were in neighboring sectors of the guys who put the bounties on their heads. Bounty hunting should be more in depth than just slicing into an apartment and killing someone. You should have to follow some kind of trail, get information from street urchins, and in some cases, have the opportunity to take the bounties alive for extra credits. I would also like it if my actions in the game caused me to have bounties placed on my head (not just because the PC is a Jedi).

I'm done going off topic now. Back to "planets that should appear in K3" now.

Some of the planets I would like to see. First would be Coruscant. I would like to see what this planet was like during this era. I think Dathomir is a good idea as well. The witches would be an interesting addition to the game. M4-78 would be fun just to see what it is like. These are just a few ideas, I just want to see different planets in the 3rd game.

Some of the planets I would like to see. First would be Coruscant. I would like to see what this planet was like during this era. I think Dathomir is a good idea as well. The witches would be an interesting addition to the game. M4-78 would be fun just to see what it is like. These are just a few ideas, I just want to see different planets in the 3rd game.

I too want some new planets, although the witches of Dathomir weren't founded until 600 bby. :)

I also agree with corcore, Cinnegar would be cool

Courscant, Ziost, Slepheron (spelling?), the ruins of Ossus, maybe one planet, such as Telos, that we have already been to, and a new planet or two. Maybe even Taris again (best planet ever), but only if we don't have Courscant (I don't want too many cityscapes).

However, it definitely shouldn't have Dantooine (I hated it in both games), and only have Korriban if it is a different section of the planet.

It was ok in the first, but only for a few minutes. In the second game it just got boring... sure, some mercs, sure some treasure hunters. Some more little boring things to kill in the destroyed enclave, and you get almost nothing out of it. I know Atris took all of the Jedi and Sith artifacts from everywhere she could think of (except Ossus and a few other planets/moons) but the least that they could do would be to give the PC some sort of powerful light side Jedi robe or weapon. The battle for Koonda was pretty cool, but it took forever to get ready for it. In the end, not much happens.

Maybe it is because there aren't enough crime/gangster/bounty hunter/assassination sub plots (or really any) on the planet (Taris and Nar Shadda are my favorite worlds). Along the same lines, Korriban in K2 should have had some evil sith robe or artifact also, as an alternative and polar opposite to the Dantooine one.

If the Jedi Masters were found two at a time on some of the planets, and put the first battle with Sion in the Sith tomb on Duxn, they could have taken Dantooine and Korriban out, and saved a lot of time. It just served mostly as filler, and to see what had happened since the first game.

Here's my 2c. Maybe 3c ;)

Apologies in advance if any of this has been mentioned.

Firstly, the world maps themselves should be much larger, and with more sidequests. The game time itself should be lengthened to a minimum of 40-50 hours.

There should be more exploration options. For example, completing a sidequest or simply wandering around a large map lets you 'discover' new areas/points of interest. Completing multi-world sidequests should give you access to planets (again, you "discover" them)

Now, onto the planets themselves;

Coruscant: Obviously. The seat of galactic power, the site of the Jedi Council, etc, etc. Possible areas for exploration include: Jedi Temple (several floors), The Senate, The Courts, various plazas, apartments. If this game is meant to be about the True Sith vs. Jedi/Republic, what planet would be more fitting than Coruscant.

Alderaan: Another must. Other than a brief ROTS scene, and some artist's conceptions/drawings, we have never had a look at the planet. This creates enormous potential for the developers to create and create. Also, the old homeworld of the Killiks (bugs), and a possible tie-in with the celestials.

Ziost: Capital Planet of the "True Sith." In the outer rim/unknown regions, possibly the planet the Ebon Hawk was travelling to at the end of KotOR2. Make it into a more exciting Korriban.

Yavin IV: The moon itself could prove interesting to explore. The site of Exar Kun's base, ancient Sith Temples, kinda like Dantooine for the Sith. Many of the great Sith Lords visited this planet.

Ossus: Ancient Jedi Stronghold and center of knowledge. Destroyed by the Sith, but what's there to say none of the Jedi artifacts survived?

Sleheyron: Cut from KotOR 1 and 2. Has lots of potential like Alderaan.

Lehon (Rakata Prime): Ancient capital of the Infinite Empire, reduced to a bunch of clans warring. Could contain some major clues to what Revan was looking for and clues that lead to it's (and his) location.

Corellia: This would be just fun to explore in an RPG environment. Maybe have heaps of sidequests on this planet.

Cinnagar and Ruusan: Although they aren't near each other, both planets have a history with the Jedi. Develop some history for Ruusan though, as it doesn't receive a lot of 'coverage' during the KotOR era.

Tython: The original planet of the Jedi Order.This created HEAPS of potential for plot development/exploration.

Corbos: 3000 odd years before KotOR1, this was the site of the final battle between the Jedi and Dark Jedi. The Dark Jedi were exiled into the unknown regions, where they encountered the True Sith.

Various Unknown Regions Planets: Planets such as Rhelg, Khar Shian/Khar Delba, Thule, all of which contained Sith Lord's strongholds. Some others could be made up?.

Celestial's Homeworld: The celestials are probably extinct, and this homeworld probably colonised. Could be anywhere.

Taris: Or, the ruins of the ancient city, and possibly Citadel Station/Restoration Zones. It would be interesting to see what happened to the locations on this planet.

Episode 3 Planets: Some of the planets that Order 66 is enacted on could be explored/included. Maybe your characted could have something to do with why Polis Massa is an Asteroid, or why Mustafar is molten. Also, why is HK-47 on Mustafar?

Also, it would be nice to see revamped versions of the planets from previous KotOR games. Planets like Dantooine, Korriban, Manaan, etc could be improved, or maybe new locations put in altogether and included.

Finally, have lots more sidequests, and heaps more planets.

And DON'T rush the game.

Planets I've come up with for being in my story Idea for KotOR 3

Ord Mantell -- Where the PC starts from and is found as a child.

Coruscant: -- We need to see the Jedi Temple

Unknown World near Nar Shaddaa (not Sleheyron)

Nar Shaddaa: -- yeah the Smuggler's moon again

Coruscant: -- back again to the Capital

Dantooine: -- not planning on spending long there

From there I'd probably have the following options:

Manaan: Maybe someone could fry the little fishies, kidding.

Korriban: If it is put together right it would be really cool

Ziost: -- would be interesting.

Note: I'm still writing and Sleheyron may yet be in cut scenes for flashbacks for a character.

Ziost is basically my list, at this point. I'd take Ziost over Coruscant. While we've already been to city-planets, Ziost is a freezing forest-covered world riddled with neat Sith temples. That's the kind of new experience (snow + forest + sith temples) I'd love to play through in K3.

-The Must Have-

Manaan/Mon Calimari: 1 water worlds quite enuff ty. ;)

Kashyyyk/Endor: The hardest decesion of my life...Ewoks...or Wookies... :smash:

Tatooine: What can I say? I love sand...and Jawas. :jaw2:

Hoth: TRAGET THE SHIELD GENERATORS! :vsd:

Corusunt: The Big City BABY! :king1:

-The Why Nots?-

Alderaan: Yha...I guess I should see it before It blows up.

Nal Hutta: Planet of the giant worms...sure...why not? Need a gangster planet? Can't get any more Huttier than this.

Naboo: Me'sa like da Gungans.

Ziost: Fine, you've convinced me. Snow, Trees, and Sith all in one?! Gotta love it.

-The Meh...'s-

Bespin: Yha...the cloud city probably isn't built yet...but they could do the whole Yavin deal here. Mabye the very early state of the cloud city.

Dagobah: I could never figure out what Yoda liked so much about this place...

Ryloth: Home to those sexy little Twi'lek babes....Why isn't this on the Must Have list!?!?

Sullust/Mustafar: Great balls of fire.

Corellia/Ord Mantell: They're both beautiful...im sure...

-The DON'T BRING THEM BACK's-

Dantooine: I'm so done with this place it's not funny. -.-

Korriban: See above ^

Aside from Coruscant and Alderaan, I would really prefer not to see any planets featured in the movies. The Star Wars galaxy is huge. I don't want to see the same dozen of planets over and over. I would rather see planets brought to life that haven't been already.

1. Coruscant, including a major section involving the Jedi Temple. (City)

2. Ziost. If you're going to deal with the True Sith, and they are related to the Sith from Korriban in some fashion, then you have to have the center of the Sith Empire. (Forest)

3. The Sith world of Dromund Kaas plays a major role in later events in the Star Wars universe, and would be cool to see IMO. I haven't played any of the Jedi Knight games, but according to Wookiepedia the Dark Side is so pervasive that weapons, excluding lightsabers, don't function properly on its surface. *That* would be a cool gameplay twist. The Dark Force Temple that claimed Kyle Katarn for the DS would be a cool location for a sub-climax in the game. (Swamp?)

4. Mandalore or Ordo. There are hints that the Mandalorians will play an important role in K3. Revan's command to Canderous to gather the scattered clans is suggestive that he has plans for them. Since it was presumably the True Sith that suggested the Mandalorians attack the Republic in the first place, it would be fitting for one of their homeworlds to turn up in the game IMO. Ordo is a desert-ish planet, while supposedly on Mandalore they have constructed their cities in part from the bones of ancient beasts that used to roam the planet--pretty cool.

5. A droid planet (to make up for the one cut from TSL). If the Republic is going to fight back, they might be too weak to marshall an army strong enough to combat the Sith. Forming an alliance with droids to serve as an army is a logical storyline, even if it takes after the CIS in some ways.

6. The homeworld of Yoda's species--finally revealed! ;)

I'd also like to see some more unique stuff. As much as the Peragus facility might have sucked for some people, the idea of a location on an asteroid is pretty cool IMO. Maybe there could be some sort of space-based construction facility for the Sith fleet that you have to infiltrate, sabotage and/or blow up. Or mines...we hear about mines and miners in a lot of Star Wars stuff, but we don't really see them (Cloud City hardly counts). Infiltrate a critical mining colony on a Sith-controlled planet to start an uprising, or something. ;)

Other game locations:

A ship. K1 has the Endar Spire (sorta), Leviathan, and the Star Forge. TSL has the Harbinger and the Ravager. K3 needs a ship as well, preferably IMO a rescue operation of some kind on a Sith cruiser.

Dark Side is so pervasive that weapons, excluding lightsabers, don't function properly on its surface. *That* would be a cool gameplay twist.

LOL. For all you non-jedi out there.

5. A droid planet (to make up for the one cut from TSL). If the Republic is going to fight back, they might be too weak to marshall an army strong enough to combat the Sith. Forming an alliance with droids to serve as an army is a logical storyline, even if it takes after the CIS in some ways.

Maybe add a shipyard planet like Kuat. You could either help the Republic build a fleet, or sabotage it for the Sith.

6. The homeworld of Yoda's species--finally revealed!

Definitely. What better Star Wars game to do it in.

I'd have to disagree with the idea of not bringing Dantooine back, however I don't think Dantooine should have as much time of being on that world as some of the others.

If you're trying to find clues as to the exile's location, Dantooine is a logical choice because the Exile would have left an impression of himself/herself like Revan did in the Crystal Caves. That's really the main reason Dantooine should be in KotOR 3, however it shouldn't be as much time that the player needs to stay on Dantooine.

As far as Tatooine goes, there is really no point except possibly trying to find clues to backtrack Revan which would be kind of hard to find there.

If you have Ryloth in the game there needs to be a good reason, not just the fact there is scantly clad Twi'lek slave girls...

Worlds that absolutely should not be in the game because it would derail the timeline:

Dathomir -- Wasn't populated yet and unless you just want to try talking to Rancors there isn't much point.

Ossus: -- the few force sensitive survivors were supposed to be discovered by Luke Skywalker, having the Jedi show up there throws a serious monkey wrench into that, Ood Bnaar isn't really an issue but those primitive survivors are.

Dagobah: -- there is no real point, anything that was there at one time would be overgrown if not destroyed by mother nature.

Bespin: -- Cloudcity was built much later, so there is no where to go there.

Hoth: -- there is absolutely no reason to go to that Ice planet.

Forest moon of Endor: -- Isn't this supposed to have been discovered sometime later...

Yavin 4: -- Seriously, what's the point aside from doing battle spirtually with Exar Kun or finding the Golden Globe which derails the timeline there is no point.

1. Coruscant, including a major section involving the Jedi Temple. (City)

Yup > . <

2. Ziost. If you're going to deal with the True Sith, and they are related to the Sith from Korriban in some fashion, then you have to have the center of the Sith Empire. (Forest)

Okay :D

3. The Sith world of Dromund Kaas plays a major role in later events in the Star Wars universe, and would be cool to see IMO. I haven't played any of the Jedi Knight games, but according to Wookiepedia the Dark Side is so pervasive that weapons, excluding lightsabers, don't function properly on its surface. *That* would be a cool gameplay twist. The Dark Force Temple that claimed Kyle Katarn for the DS would be a cool location for a sub-climax in the game. (Swamp?)

Sounds Good.

4. Mandalore or Ordo. There are hints that the Mandalorians will play an important role in K3. Revan's command to Canderous to gather the scattered clans is suggestive that he has plans for them. Since it was presumably the True Sith that suggested the Mandalorians attack the Republic in the first place, it would be fitting for one of their homeworlds to turn up in the game IMO. Ordo is a desert-ish planet, while supposedly on Mandalore they have constructed their cities in part from the bones of ancient beasts that used to roam the planet--pretty cool.

Muy Beuno

> . <

Meh..

6. The homeworld of Yoda's species--finally revealed! ;)

I'd also like to see some more unique stuff. As much as the Peragus facility might have sucked for some people, the idea of a location on an asteroid is pretty cool IMO. Maybe there could be some sort of space-based construction facility for the Sith fleet that you have to infiltrate, sabotage and/or blow up. Or mines...we hear about mines and miners in a lot of Star Wars stuff, but we don't really see them (Cloud City hardly counts). Infiltrate a critical mining colony on a Sith-controlled planet to start an uprising, or something. ;)

Hauzah! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I APPROVE 90% ^.^

I probably have a huge amount of worlds for it. But here are mine

Bespin (Possibly cloud city if it exists back then.)

Coruscant (Its the center of the universe. So it needs to be in at least one game)

Yavin 4 (Massasi temple. It should have a cutscene if you are darkside to begin leaching its power or something)

and many more to come

i would probably like to see is

Apratross I'm reading a book on the old republic and somewhere in it it says that reven passed through on his way to the unknown regions

Althir mentiond

dagrobah

bespin

hapes

ithor mentiond in sith lords

arabra

RAXAS PRIME becase on wookiepedia says that there is somehting old there

nam corious

centrass

there is some ideas on planets that i would like to see

Okay guys, unless we want to derail the SW timeline certain worlds absolutely cannot be in KotOR 3.

Bespin -- absolutely nothing there was colonized with floating cloud cities sometime later, and since it is a gas giant there'd be no place to even land.

Dagobah -- Nobody lives there, it's one big giant swamp

Ossus -- It would disrupt canon information concerning the primitive force users decended from the few survivors of Exar Kun's attack on Ossus

Dathomir -- Nobody lives there, and the ruins that might be remotely significant weren't discovered and dealt with until sometime after Courtship of Princess Leia

Hapes -- was settled sometime after KotOR I believe

Hoth -- there is absolutely nothing there which is why the Rebels made their base there in Empire Strikes Back

Worlds the it would be highly unlikely to be seen:

Ithor: the Ithorians live on floating cities and generally forbid people from even stepping foot on the ground of Ithor.

Yavin 4: Seriously Exar Kun was trapped withing the Temples, and there is the force draining of the temple after the Jedi Academy Trilogy/I, Jedi; so I anything really affecting the temples would derail the timeline set by at least 4 novels as well as Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

Archived