Home

What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Joetheeskimo

Okay guys, unless we want to derail the SW timeline certain worlds absolutely cannot be in KotOR 3.

Bespin -- absolutely nothing there was colonized with floating cloud cities sometime later, and since it is a gas giant there'd be no place to even land.

Right. Even if it would be cool for a primitive space-station type outpost.

Dagobah -- Nobody lives there, it's one big giant swamp

Definitely. Can't do anything there except hide from the Sith, or crash a spacecraft. Both of which would be (obviously) rip-offs of the movies.

Ossus -- It would disrupt canon information concerning the primitive force users decended from the few survivors of Exar Kun's attack on Ossus

I actually don't agree with this. Couldn't the PC and his/her group travel there, look around, and not bother with or see the survivors? Maybe they are in a different section, or the game doesn't allow you to enter the caves where the primitive force users live.

Dathomir -- Nobody lives there, and the ruins that might be remotely significant weren't discovered and dealt with until sometime after Courtship of Princess Leia

Hapes -- was settled sometime after KotOR I believe

As long as these are true, then sure.

Hoth -- there is absolutely nothing there which is why the Rebels made their base there in Empire Strikes Back

I also disagree with this. Though it probably wouldn't be a good planet to include, since there won't be much to do on the surface, it is highly plausable for there to be an uncharted colony there. As evidence, in the movies an Imperial Admiral says that the Rebel base could easily be a smugglers' camp. Why not in KotOR then?

Worlds the it would be highly unlikely to be seen:

Ithor: the Ithorians live on floating cities and generally forbid people from even stepping foot on the ground of Ithor.

Yavin 4: Seriously Exar Kun was trapped withing the Temples, and there is the force draining of the temple after the Jedi Academy Trilogy/I, Jedi; so I anything really affecting the temples would derail the timeline set by at least 4 novels as well as Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

I agree with these two.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coruscant: A must. That's where the final battle should be.

Taris: It would be nice to see any survivors; or anyone we know such as Gadon and other people still alive.

Telos: in the story, I think that Telos should be the Datooine of KotOR1, like a sort of base if you ever need to recuperate when your ship is damaged or anything like that.

• 1 month later...

Coruscant would be a great one to see, I would like to bring back Dantooine, I always thought of it as like a home base, I'd like to see them bring back 1 other planet we have been to before, but not korriban, actually that was me least favorite planet in kotor 1 and 2. The rest should all be new, but i'd like to see alot of content, lots of planets

I'd like to see an original plot quest. Bioware did a great job with KOTOR's plot, but it still borrowed heavily from other bioware games. Most bioware game's are guilty of this. Obsidian did a poor job stealing the plot quest of Planescape: Torment for KOTOR II, but I guess they had to rip themselves off - they did come out of Black Isle after all - as Lucas Arts did not give them enough time to write something new.

I don't really care what planets they include as long as the story is original and the planets are interactive and populated. No more dead worlds and no more beast worlds.

I'd like to see the ability to start the game as either Jedi or Sith. This would require a great deal of extra writing and coding, but would be real neat.

And please, no more thuggish darkside side quests.

I'd like to see that most of Kreia's info on Reven was in fact disinformation. After all, can anyone really trust a Sith to give an honest answer to anything?

Personally I would like to see Rodia; possibly picking up a Rodian party member on the way. I like Rodians, even though their voices can sometimes get annoying: they're one of those races that seems both very alien - in terms of appearance - and also a hallmark of Star Wars.

Rodia, as of yet, has very bare bones which need to be fleshed out: I feel that Rodia has a lot of unexplored potential regarding warring clans, Rodian theatre (and other aspects of Rodian culture, such as ghestslaying) and this 'Grand Protector'. I'm also wondering whether something can be developed regarding the barely mentioned 'Reeven Clan' from the Starfighter: Crossbones comic, if you know what I mean...

If handled correctly and with enough work regarding voice-acting, this could become a very interesting planet.

Edit: Oh, and I'd like to see something come up in the game about the Rakata - I loved the lore about the Infinite Empire in the original KotOR.

Whilst I'm on the subject, when I first saw an in-game Rakata I got a sense of deja-vu... is it me, or did I see one about fourteen years ago when playing X-wing? It could have been some other similar alien race which I remember, I suppose, but I just get the feeling that the Rakatan race predated KotOR by a long way...

Edit 2: Sorry, but Naboo cannot feature in KotOR simply because humans haven't settled it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I want these planets:

1) Hoth; Wampas would be hard to defeat. Good way to get xp and maybe train a Tauntuan and use it as a puppet? You could give it to one of your party members.

2) Csilla; This frozen waste-land is the planet the mighty Chiss race calls home. Because of crystals the Ebon Hawk crashes on the homeworld.

3) Morseer; the homeworld of the Morseerians. Morseerians breath the toxic gas Methane, so I hope you bring either (A) an enviro-suit or (B) know the breath control force power. (Sorry for the spelling)

4) Lwhekk; the Ssi-ruu homeworld. You come seeking peace, but all castes but the Brown one attacks you. The Brown ones (being the lowest caste and many being killed at birth) help you. You escape and a brown one sneaks on board. Party Member!

5) Tof/Nagai; You get a distress call from a near-by space battle. You either help the Nagai, or kill him for being weak. Which ever one you choose, the other team wants you dead. So, gear up, another battle! Helping the Nagai is canon, cause if you help the Tofs, the Nagai start to flee to known space. Isn't that oh, say...... 4,000 years ahead of the plan?

6) some other Unknown world

7) some other unknown world

8) Rakata Prime

9) Some other Unknown world

10) True Sith Home World

Observation: Notice that I only chose planets in the Unknown Regions. Thats 'cause I want to bring down this Sith empire already!

2) Hoth; Wampas are sentients. Maybe they were slaves used by the True Sith? HK-47 could be helpful and the Wampas could give you artifacts in exchange for letting a Wampa explorer join your party to explore the Galaxy? Then the wampa dies, and they blame you. It would explain why they attacked the Rebels in ESB.

Wampa's are semi-sentient animals at best, but certainly not sentient on the level of Humans, Twi'leks, Rodians, or other species like them. If they really were sentient (meaning they would be relatively intelligent), why would they react so strongly to the death of one member of their society? Why would the death of one so-called "explorer" cause them to be hostile to the Rebels 4,000 years later? Maybe they were just hungry.

I really think places like Hoth, Tatooine, or any other somewhat deserted planet should be out of the question.

Coruscant, hopefully. It's almost never shown. After that, I want a mobile command center of some kind, Revan's flagship or something. A return to Lehon and the Rakata would be interesting, after that, I'd like to see Csilla, then some new planets. Maybe a Killik or Ssi-Ruuvi world, too. But this is centered around a completely new political entity, they might as well truck out some completely new stuff.

After that, I want a mobile command center of some kind, Revan's flagship or something.

I find the idea of a larger ship highly appealing. Maybe they could use one of the "Hammerhead" cruisers that have become iconic of the KotOR series, or perhaps(this is really stretching it) an Interdictor Class, like the Leviathan. Of course, and interdictor makes more sense as a home base than a Hammerhead, seeing as the Hammerheads(as far as I know) lack a docking bay large enough for the Ebon Hawk. Or, of course, the Hawk could just get replaced by a Hammerhead/shuttle combination. Or, better yet, a Hammerhead/Basilisk, which would give a plausable explanation for why only 2 party members could accompany the main character at any given time.

Well, the clan vs clan stuff is quite similar to Rakatan, and Mandalore thingy in Dxun is nice enough. No Mandol civil war perhaps. Well, you can help Ordos to round up some tribes I guess, but that should not play too much of a part. I think Ordos is destined for Greatness, so I prefer to see him as non playable character leading a force.

Cinnigar of Empress Teta, now thats a great city.

Most I would like to Coruscant as it's my favorite planet and it could actually add to the storyline.

Taris Ruins/Rebuilding - Adds to Storyline

Telos - I want to know what happened after the Exile :)

Mustafar - Yes it'd just be amazing to go to.

Alderaan? - Yeah that'd be sweet to

But, if Coruscant is in it I'd be happy.

I'm not sure I really care, but would like to see a "hot landing" where you're attacked (snipers, maybe) as soon as you materialize on the screen. That would be different enough to make it interesting (initially, anyway). Furthermore, the location of the attackers should be variable (maybe you land in a clearing in a heavily wooded area or near some ruins). Landing in managed ports gets too boring.

*cough* There is not enough "unscheduled landing" in TSL you mean? I think there is MORE THAN ENOUGH Crashes and what not for quite a few games. The first time I play kotor2 I thought EH is so badly repaired that it can only fall from one planet to another.

Cinnigar (of Empress Teta) is a city that rivals Coruscant, possably even better at the time of kotor series. Obviously making trans-planet quest about the rivalry of the two planets would kick asss. But yeah some planets are quite not developed yet, and going there would prove boring.

I'm not talking about crashes. More like the landing on Onderon in the Basilisk, where you're attacked almost immediately. NONE of the other "crash" landings have you set upon immediately. Yeah, there's a group that's in your way as you move toward your destination, but you have to approach them first, and it's still not like an ambush. That's essentially what I'm talking about. Keeps you just a little off balance. But many of the landings in TSL are also "controlled". Peragus doesn't count b/c you're unconscious. Citadel Station, Nar Shadda, Dxun and Onderon are all in ports or clearings. Korriban is dead, with the hississ not attacking UNLESS you disregard the advice from Kreia. When you land the EH on Telos, it's an unopposed landing as well.

Melacor V is pretty much a Direct Crash. Same goes for The Icy Region where you meet your Witch Atris (you kinda get attacked immediately even)

There is a reason why you don't get shot immediately, load times. On slower computers load time can be long, and people are definitely not looking at the screen while loading. It is a crime to force people looking at loading screens waiting. While some loading screens are nice, you soon get tired of them, since they are afterall repeats of a set.

I wonder how (even with constent repair) the ebon hawk dosen't explode every time it goes into hyperspace, in kotor1 the hyperdrive got trashed and if you look at it it doesn't seem to be operational, at all, sure you repair it and that good stuff, and then in kotor2 the ebon hawk just gets trashed time after time and time again, i mean, if you think about it , its a wonder the ebon hawk can even survive the vacume of space, let alone fly through it.

This thread isn't about the Ebon Hawk...

I'd like to see anything except Dantooine or Korriban. Ziost and Coruscant would definitely be really good though. I don't really want to see anything from the movies, although whoever said seeing Alderaan before it was destroyed - that might be nice.

Archived