Home

What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Joetheeskimo

Well... a lot of people have already mentioned planets i'd like to see, but i have a few too:

Ilum (maybe have some specila trainign were you go to ilm to build a lightsaber?)

Kashyyyk (i always liked the shadowlands and that cool wookie village...)

Zhar (i always liked silver gas planets with plenty of moons)

And who cares where humans ame from in starwars? i don't want to see a movie onyl with aliens in it. besides, it's cheaper to use humans as actors instead of using digitally created aliens in movies.

So here's my explanation: "Humans will exist in the starwar universe even though it doesn't make sense." Said the force. and poof! humans were there!

let's leave it at that. :p

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a modder the best idea to me would be to make it with the capability of adding an unlimited number of planets quite easily. I'd like to see the original game with Taris, Coruscant, Corellia, Mon Calamari and Nal Hutta - but as the paradise world it was before the Hutts took over - then maybe it could be done in another game as a Hutt world.

However, if it was open-ended in the way of world construction new worlds could be created by the mod community or the developers and released as side projects to the storyline.

This is going off a bit but I would really like a internet community game where you move between worlds and play against other players - possibly a single player campaign then a multiplayer online environment as two separate game styles?

I think they should put a dream world like all the enemies and heroes Revan and the Exile fought and been with. But like the tomb in Korriban the Exile had, but like a test for kotor 3: last 1 living is the true Jedi/Sith. That'll be a kick @$$ world really. All them: Revan, Bastila, Atton, Canderous... etc but all of them are fake, just dreams you know like, but you can fight(must) and when you kill the main they all don't fade away!

I've said it before but I'll say it again. As long as they put more than 6 planets in, it's fine by me. There really doesn't need to be a huge amount of Sith planets or anything. The Star Wars Galaxy is just too big with too many important worlds to only put a few of them in.

Besides Coruscant (was looking at the Jedi Temple article on Wookieepedia, and immediately thought of how cool it would be to wander the halls of the Jedi Temple in Kotor :p), it doesn't really matter what planets they implement in the game, as long as there's variation, and we don't get Dantooine and Korriban all over again.

Coruscant

gameplay: similar to Taris in K1.

Storyline: To see what the Jedi order is rebuilt into, and what its' like in the first generation after it was wiped out. To see some of the things mentioned in the first 2 games. The room of 1,000 fountains for example. Also so that we don't have to see Dantooine yet again for a LS Jedi temple and training ground.

Yavin 4

gameplay: Similar to layout of Kashyyk without having some ridiculous explanation why the wookies were letting their people be enslaved in less than a decade later. Lots of Sith tombs to search and / or loot.

storyline: what happened to the Massassi? Lost secrets of Sith Alchemy.

Iridonia: What happened in the 3,000 years between K2 and Darth Bane: Path of Destruction to turn loyal Zabrak allies of the Old Republic to join the Sith of the time of 1000 years before the battle of Yavin. I like the idea of seeing a sith school other than the one on Korriban. It would be interesting to see how their method of instruction differs, and maybe whether the holocron Revan discovered from Tulak Horde's temple may be the genesis or their training program.

Sith Capital and perhaps another DS world or so - whether that's Ziost, it's moon, or some other world where the Sith race have moved their seat of political and or military power. Also Ruusan and Steness both come to mind as worlds with a strong tie to the force and with a bit of DS taint.

Sleyheyron

gameplay: Similar enough to Taris in K1 or Nar Shadaah in K2, but plenty of new struggles to keep the game interesting. Also little known of future history, so it is possible that slaves are freed and economic and political basis is changed drastically.

storyline: An utterly corrupt world that has Hutt crime bosses, slave uprisings, and assassination as a major part of the normal way of doing bussiness.

At least one of the following:

Telos: The droid factory, but I really don't want to see a lot of emphasis on the whole planetary restoration. Bao Dur, Atris, Bryanna, and Hk-47 all have legitimate reason to be there though, and I would like to hear more of their characters. Perhaps if Hk-47 were shown trying to mold his later model numbers into a successor to the genoharradan who is more ammenable to Revan's wishes? Perhaps also hearing about how Telos becomes where the Jedi send their force sensitives who are not fit to become Jedi either due to an unwillingness to learn the weapons and ways of battle, or willingness to draw on the dark side...

Taris: It would be sufficiently different after Malak's bombing of the planet's surface and 10 years or so of being overrun by Rhakghouls to make a return interesting. Also since Canderous, Zalbar, Juhani, and Mission all have histories there; any or all of them could be intertwined in the political life, the restoration efforts, or trying to bring order to the world.

Lehon: The "Unnamed world" and home of the Rakata / Rakata priestly caste.

M4-78 - so much has been mentioned about this world that I'd like to see it in K3 if not K2.

Katar: What was Visas supposed to see (or not supposed to, depending on your point of view)?

Tattooine: I kind of want to see again since it's so central to the main SW storyline, but not if there isn't a good gameplay reason to go there. The Jawa & Sandpeople storylines were great, and I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up the whole liberate the sand people from Czerka that bioware thought about doing but backed out of from K1.

Kashyyk: another one I'm torn about. Perhaps if there were a wookie civil war or something, but I couldn't realistically see the wookies already back under the dominion of slavers without even a decade passing. Wookies are supposed to be tough, and I'd like that the whole freedom fight w/ Revan wasn't a wasted effort. The idea of a face off between Zalbar and Hanhar has a lot of appeal to me, and is almost enough to have me willing to give up on my other misgivings.

Cinnagar: It appeared in the TOJ comic series as one of the most politically important regions in the 5,000 YBY EU. Items from Cinnagar and the Empress Teta system in general keep turning up in Kotor 1 & 2, and it seems that they are still important at least in regards to manufacturing weapons and armor. Also they seemed to have a very varied terrain, in a desert environment. There were Hutts and many aliens and people, as well as different creatures.

Other worlds strike me that they could be interesting to see, but as far as both gameplay and storyline so far, I look at both converging best with the ones I suggested just now...

• 1 month later...

I would like to see a much BIGGER and HARDER MORE UNFAIR WORLD THAN EVER!! I want a realistic game that you pretty much can't reload if you die.(unfortunately thats impossible) .But something like that , something unfair and realistic.And it would be nice to not have to be a jedi . To be able to NOT to choose what you are but discover yourself as the game moves forward. What you all think?

I would like to see a much BIGGER and HARDER MORE UNFAIR WORLD THAN EVER!! I want a realistic game that you pretty much can't reload if you die.(unfortunately thats impossible) .But something like that , something unfair and realistic.And it would be nice to not have to be a jedi . To be able to NOT to choose what you are but discover yourself as the game moves forward. What you all think?

While I might play such a game, I also think that it doesn't sound like KotOR3 to me. Reloading is not going to change, I bet, and of course you must be a jedi - the game is called "Knights of the Old Republic". There is no doubt jedi knights are at the center of these games.

I've heard people argue in the favor of anything from a prequel on the Mandalorian Wars, a MMORPG, and a game with a non-jedi main character. All fine and good. Those could all be excellent games, and I might play them too. But they are not KotOR3. Not in my book.

To see larger worlds would be nice, though. Tatooine sure didn't manage to convey the sense of vast, empty desert in KotOR, nor did Telos or Malachor in TSL. Obviously we're not going to get five worlds that are each the size of the latter GTA games, but it would be nice to have large, empty landscapes, that you would use your swoop-bike/landspeeder/whatever to traverse, since walking would take hours in real-time play. That would at least convey a sense of distance for the worlds, even if you don't do it on all of them.

M4-78 - so much has been mentioned about this world that I'd like to see it in K3 if not K2.

Take a peek right here -

I Think I like what others said like Oh W/e planets....But 1 Good Altime one would be Kamino Yes its a little boring but like ur own clone....they're never told about and in Episode 2 that guy at the Restraunt.. when obi-wan see's him about the dart they should let u see the Place in its pride and glory, and why it was a lost world(i mean before anyone knew about it in Records)

Archived