Home

What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Joetheeskimo

Hoth...

With the Rebel alliance there and all in the future, there would have had to have been a reason they chose Hoth for it.

It was an uninhabbited world where the empire would have trouble finding them. From a strategic stand point it was a great place for a hidden base.

As far as planets go, I'd love to see Kotor take a Mass Effect approach. Put lots of Worlds in the game with side missions you can do there (I'd love the whole Galaxy be viewable, with one planet in each system visitable). I'd like for Coruscant to be in the game and be part the main quest. Hopefully the real Jedi council is very important as well as the jedi archives and jedi temple.

I'd also like to see Any planet where humans aren't the main species. In Kotor 1 we got Manaan and Kashyyk (although the Wookies were slaves), but it's fun being an outsider on a planet for a change. We didn't get any of that in Kotor 2.

I'd also like to see Ilum. It's a historic place for the Jedi and because it isn't colonized you can go in a lot of directions here.

Alderran would be cool, another planet with lots of cities.

Degobah and Hoth don't make a lot of sense from a cannon perspective cause if major events happened there before Sidious and Vader would've been more likely to check there for Yoda and the rebel base.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was an uninhabbited world where the empire would have trouble finding them. From a strategic stand point it was a great place for a hidden base.

Do we even know that it even existed back in the Old Republic?

Hey, it's my 900th post! :D :D

How about Duro? :duros: At this point, it shouldn't be all poluted from Imperial stripminning so we could actually see the world as it once was, with the beatles and the cannibal spiders, massive orbital shipyards. Who knows, we may even run into our old friend Czerka Corp.

Might also be a chance to pick up a good pilot type character. Goodness knows we could use an alien pilot after two consecutive humans.

For those sick of human worlds (I'm not nescissarily one, but would appreciate more varriety in NPCs) how about Faleen? All I have on it in my listing of Star Wars planets is that it's a Mid Rim world and inhabited by the "most atractive species in the Galaxy" (the words of the Essential Guide to Alien Species words, not mine.) Personally, I think Faleen would be an interesting challenge because the natives are possessed of emotion altering pheromones, which also, if I remember correctly, make them imune to Force persuasion.

If you feel this to be unpleasant, I suggest a trip to Koros Major, the former capitol of the Krath Cult. So, there could be arcane Force users, :burst1: Sith sorcerers, :sithk: disgruntled carbonite miners, flamthro diplomatic missions to the Teta Systems government to ease tensions after the Sith War :headbump , you name it.

Providing it's around in 3,950 BBY and the galactic tour bus is fine with the idea, why not stop on muddy Jabiim. "A world of endless rains" well, if we get a good graphics engine that shouldn't slow down gameplay, and it would mean we finally get to see Force Umbrella in action. :lol: Okay not a very good idea stopping at a planet with very little save its mineral resources.

Oh, I just thought of a planet I'm sure has never been done in a game before. In fact, I've only seen it in The Last Siege, the Final Truth: Anzat. As if a fog shrouded world with aurora boreialis lighting the sky, grim ash hued mountains, and Asian-type archetecture weren't enough we also get the Anzati themselves.

'Brain picker' is an apt term for Anzati. They may look human, even atractive or cultured, but if they get a hankering for the greymatter of living beings, it is best to escape ASAP. :skul5: But, supposing we were required to go there, and not only go there but chat with the locals a bit about a pair of strangly absent mutual friends. (Revan and Exile perhaps?) The thing is, if done correctly, Anzati could pull very nice sneak attacks, hypnotize NPCs\party members\you and, if not hindered in a few roles could kill that individual. (And I don't mean going unconscious killed I mean, You entire party has been killed. Please reload kind of killed. But then, just a thought. Okay, a lot of thoughts.

Either Corusant, Alderaan, Rhen Var, Concord Dawn (that mandolorian planet), Ryloth (or what ever the Twi'lek homeworld is called), Mygeeto, or Corillia. Also some previously unseen worlds would be cool.

Please no Dantooine/Korriban (unless its like Kotor 1).

PS please don't get mad if I butchered any planet names or if my planet choices don't make sense.

Hmm... When i really think about it...

Coruscant, Rakata, Rakata Prime, Taris, Ossus, Cathar, Katarr, Mandalore, Dxun, Onderon, Dagary Minor, Yagara Prime, etc, etc... all the major planets from the mando wars, and a few new brand new Sith planets. Scrap Korriban and Dantooine.

I wonder when we'll get some concrete news. We all know that Lucas arts and Bio ware are doing a game, but for all we know it could be non star wars (talk about a blower :() or it could be that MMORPG. I'd love it if we can atleast know what the game is when the E3 rolls around, maybe some good concept art, but I doubt more than that. Late 09' or Early 2010 is the earliest I can expect a game

• 2 weeks later...

Rhen Var would be nice. Explore Ulic Qel-Droma's tomb, and pic up some special crystals. :D

Felucia. You know it would have some sweet crystal caves.

That would be pretty cool!

I generally just want a little bit more exploration ability.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some I would like.

1. Coruscant

2. Rhen Var

3. Dromund Kaas

4. Vjun has some potential. It used to be home to wealthy families around the time of the Prequels, so who knows how long they've been there? Plus it was part of Sith Space.

5. Chandrila

6. Lehon

7. Trandosha and Kashyyyk. Could lead to interesting interplanetary quests.

8. Malastare.

That's all I can think of for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Not Coruscant, I don't know if Kotor, or any game, would be able to capture the planet's enormity. I would like a place like sleyheron, *Cheers for Sithspecter* a nicer city planet, but not manann. I hated the fish. I also think that korriban has been way too overused. Find another sithy planet already!!!

As I indicated over in the Revan or Exile or Random other guy thread, my preference is for Revan as the PC, and as such the planets I'd like to see reflect that.

With that in mind, they game would start with Revan's return to the republic - so probably Coruscant, and then a few other planets as Revan works himself toward the True Sith threat - my canon knowledge is not strong, so I'm not 100% sure what those planets would be canonically. I think it would be extremely appropriate to exclude Korriban for gameplay reasons, however (as much as I find the Valley of the Sith appealing, 3 times is too many). Ziost may be a very approriate choice though. Plus maybe another planet for a trip into Revan's past - find out a bit about him before he became a Sith lord.

After that, you'd have the trip to Malachor V and then the unknown regions after that - so probably planets never encountered before.

However, I would be in favour of a 'free roam' style opening. The game begins with Revan's return - so fun and games on Coruscant and then moving on to Ziost as Revan explores the 'True Sith's' history. But all the while have multiple planets available with somewhat irrelevant sidequests - Jedi business, personal business etc. Although the problem then becomes how the game says 'right, time to head for Malachor V' with creating a situation that feels like a replication of the Star Maps is a whole seperate question, which I don't really have an answer to.

I would want to visit Yavin IV. That would be a great place to find some ancient temples that contain powerful Sith/Krath/Massassi artifacts for me to equip--er, I mean...to donate to science. Yes, science. Yes, give up artifacts that are godlike in power...for the sake of science... :xp:

Also, since that place is full of Sith temples, it would be a great place to have a sidequest, finding ancient puzzles, unlocking vaults filled with valuable treasures...[drools]...oh, and since it's filled with Dark side energies, it would be a great place for the player to [embrace the evil energies]/[resist it greatly] and come out more powerful as part of some vision/illusion pseudoquest. (as in it doesn't have a journal entry) That would be awesome. :)

Not Coruscant, I don't know if Kotor, or any game, would be able to capture the planet's enormity.

I think it could be done. Taris was done pretty well. It could have used some work, yes, but it was very good. Nar Shaddaa was severely limited by the engine's abilities, but there have been countless improvements in the last few years, it's definitely possible.

And storywise, Coruscant could easily be the Taris or Telos of K3.

Considering the little tidbits of Vong that TSL gave us, I wouldn't be surprised if Zonama Sekot showed up. But planets that I want to see?

Corellia.

I'm sick of these One Environment Planets. You've got Dantooine, which is "Small Town and Grassland" Kashyyyk, which is "Tribal Village with GIGANTIC trees." Korriban which is "Generic Wasteland" Manaan, which is our Water World, Telos, which is I think the closest to an actual varied environment we've seen thus far, Taris, which was another city-world, Peragus which was just a freaking asteroid, Lehon, which was just a jungle, Nar Shaddaa, a SECOND City World, Dxun, which is a forest moon, much like Endor, and finally Onderon, yet ANOTHER City. Of course, the city environment never matters because you STILL shoot and kill people with nary a reaction from the locals unless it's one of a handful of situations where you get Security arriving five seconds after you burn some poor bugger down.

JCarter: That's what I've envisioned in a Coruscant planet. At ground levels you've got vagrants, criminals, mutants, and monsters, where higher up you have the Jedi Temple in need of restoration, the upper city filled with droids, humans, and aliens; and the Senate Chambers of the Old Republic in need of purging from corruption.

Corinthian: In the Tales of the Jedi comic they showed more to Onderon than just city, though that's all you see in the game. Pretty much right about the rest of those actually shown though.

TBH, I'd like to see more diverse worlds, but ones with ties to Jedi and / or sith. For instance, in KOTOR 2, we hear that Iridonia wasn't a member world of the republic, when it was attacked by the mandalorians, but the people are portrayed as good and civilized and sympathetic to the jedi of their time.

By the time of Darth Bane: Path of Destruction and Darth Bane: Rule of Two, it's described as being the leading place in the galaxy for training of Sith Marauders. We know nothing else about that world other than it's being inhabited by Zabrak.

But that is a pretty drastic change in world view, and the mandalorian wars don't seem to have been the catalyst that changed the whole outlook of their world. I'd kind of wondered if that were a hint for K3 at the time.

Archived