Home

So you're still here

Nick Virago

It's quite unbelievable how, after 9 years, we are still talking about how great this game was, what our favourite characters were and how many times we have played it so far. When I was a kid, I never thought any adventure game could be better than The Secret Of Monkey Island. I was wrong.

Here's to you, Tim Schafer, for making this a game hard to forget.

Don't think he does.

Anyway.. they have to make a 10th year anniversary platinum limited edition from Grim Fandango.. with a map of El Marrow, Rubacava etc, action figures of Manny, Meche, Glottis, Lola, and a huge GF-poster (like with the picture of the whole cast).

I'll buy it no matter what!

Don't think he does.

Anyway.. they have to make a 10th year anniversary platinum limited edition from Grim Fandango.. with a map of El Marrow, Rubacava etc, action figures of Manny, Meche, Glottis, Lola, and a huge GF-poster (like with the picture of the whole cast).

Woah, nice idea. I'd pay through the roof for that.

Doubt it'll happen though. :(

Don't think he does.

*drools*

That would go right at the top of my wishlist! :)

Don't think he does.

I don't think so, I'm gonna sell my car and outbid you.

Don't think he does.

Ya that would be immense. All users of Forums (not counting ppl who create and post one question on Glottis' Garage) Should be allocated one!

• 4 weeks later...

An Extremely Off Topic Post

Can the spirit and love of something at great as Grim Fandango ever wear off? I hope not. :D

No, but at the same time, it doesn't seem to be generating a ton of discussion.

[minirant]When will these boards get off the few topics of GrimFandango is <3, 2nd game anyone, and vague references to something in GF?

Seriously, I want something out there, personal, something silly or stupid, just something new to generate different types of discussion.

I mean, we're a very respectable fandom but doesn't it strike some people's fancy to talk about silly things like favorite pairings or crazy thoughts when playing the game?[/minirant]

Well, of course, we wouldn't want to do that all the time. I very much love this fandom for it's loyalty and maturity, but there are those moments...

I think we've had some silly discussions in the past, such as which character we'd like to marry, post a picture of what the characters looked like when they were alive, favourite character discussion, GF dreams, and even favourite pairing. They must have dropped from the front page, so nobody bothers to post in them anymore. Here are some in case you missed them,

Who would you marry?

What did they look like when they lived?

Can't find the rest now, but searching through old topics made me realise how boring we really can be. Let's do something crazy, everyone! ;)

Can't find the rest now, but searching through old topics made me realise how boring we really can be. Let's do something crazy, everyone! ;)

Like posting threads on the MI forums saying to all the fanboys how much better Grim is?!... and probally all get warned/banned :(

Aww I remember those threads. Ah the who would you marry thread, when I actually participated and stuff... before I went to Japan and certain events took place that kept me away from this place T_T But no more! I am able to return! Huzzah! And yes, we should do something crazy. Man I want to play Grim Fandango again, but my copy of the game is so dead.

Yea...the one thing that has amazed me after all these years is that...even with the supposed "small" amount of fans, is that there hasn't been at least one licensed statue or action figure...I just don't get it. If something as bad as the movie Fantastic 4 or something like that can get action figures, I don't know why Grim Fandango can't (actually, I do know why, I'm just trying to prove a point...).

We should... I dunno. Revolt. Show up with a bunch of signs that say "WE WANT FIGURINES! CRAPPY MOVIES GET THEM! WHATS UP WITH THAT??" And in the mean time we could all hang out with the other fans and talk about the game, and be happy. Even though they'd send us all away without our goal ever having been accomplished.

Hey VampireNaomi I totally agree with you, Mr. Flores is a good pick.

But yet again, Salvador does have that whole rebellion going for him.

Oh..oh wait. Umm..

Yeah! Those damn people not making Grim Fandango statues! Let's uh...umm...sign an online petition. Yeah!

Archived