Home

What kind of lightsaber duelist were you?

SykoRevan

1: Gaurdian/Weapon Master of jedi master (watchmen or sith lord when DS)

2: Robes, or the Zeishon Sha armor

3: Double bladed saber: blue when LS and red when ds

4: Never use them

5: Plague and kill is a great combo. I also always have complete force lightning, death field, force wave and offcourse master heal. (when I play LS and get force enlightment I only have 2 or 3 powers and not evan maxed out)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1: Gaurdian/Weapon Master of jedi master (watchmen or sith lord when DS)

2: Robes, or the Zeishon Sha armor

3: Double bladed saber: blue when LS and red when ds

4: Never use them

5: Plague and kill is a great combo. I also always have complete force lightning, death field, force wave and offcourse master heal. (when I play LS and get force enlightment I only have 2 or 3 powers and not evan maxed out)

that is interesting choice of force powers. Yes, the dark side powers are handy but seriously, storm is the only dark side power worth using on anything but bosses. The bonuses you get to you melee from having maxed valor, speed and barrier with force enlightenment are FAR more effective than the dark side powers you would be putting points into. Plague is good against bosses but if you are a weapons or jedi master, using enlightenment as i specified, you should not need to touch dark force powers except storm

1. Sentinel/Jedi Master

2. Mostly robes, but it depends. Definitely Ossus Keeper Robes towards the ends. Most items tended to boost stats... a lot. And I used implants to the max by building Constitution.

3. Dual lightsabers. Various colours, but I preferred combinations of white and cyan, since I felt it reflected the exile better. I played him as LS, but he wasn't quite accepted as a jedi, so I felt it fitting he used none of the classic colours.

4. To be honest, I never cared much about lightsaber forms - they just didn't seem to make so much difference. I think I just switched on the force form that lets you regenerate force points the fastest and then left it there.

5. Definitely master speed, replaced by force enlightenment when I got it. A fair amount of energy resistance as well. All combined with Flurry. As a jedi master, I tend to use force powers, though. The strategy there was to hit the room with Force Wave, which knocked everbody over and stunned them (since my powers were hard to resist). Then I zapped them repeatedly with Force Storm while they were helpless and repeated the process as necessary ;)

1) What classes are you?

2) What items do you equip? Did your Exile wear robes or armor?

3) What kind of lightsaber do you wield? Single, Dual, or Double-bladed? And what color?

4) What Lightsaber form do you use the most?

5) What Force Powers do you use to augment your saber skills? Or did you just use the Force as your blade?

1. Jedi Consular/Jedi Master For me.

2. Eh items? Random...Yes, Nihilus Robe.

3. Dual Lightsabers...Silver

4. No preference, varies...Maybe Shien?

5. Force Power: Master Heal, Master Battle Meditation, Master Valor, Force Immunity...Tons.

1) I try to use different classes every time I make a new character, but right now I'm using a jedi consular/jedi master

2) I use robes, I always found armor to be useless in KOTOR. I also equip anything that boosts wisdom and charisma

3) Dual sabres (blue and silver)

4) Force channel

5) I made my character completely reliant on force, because she'd get owned if she fought with a lightsaber without using and force powers. I use a lot of stat increasing powers and also use a lot of powers from the high level force powers mod.

PS: how do you get force enlightenment?

1) What classes are you?

3) What kind of lightsaber do you wield? Single, Dual, or Double-bladed? And what color?

5) What Force Powers do you use to augment your saber skills? Or did you just use the Force as your blade?

1. Generally I was a consular and Jedi master.

2. I always wore jedi robes.

3. Single blue. :)

4. whatever form was best against the current enemy I was facing. I don't think I had one that I used the most.

5. Even as a Jedi I loved force storm. Stasis field was also a nice one.

• 2 months later...

LS

1) I take Jedi Gaurdian/then Master if L/S as i tend to prefer melee to powers early on, moving further towards force reliant later in the game.

2) Dark Jedi Robes

3) depends on my mood, mostly Dual and varying colours red and blue is one i like, makes me feel more like a tweener, blue for my jedi belief red for the sorry mutha trucker who dares mess with me! mwahaha!

4) mostly force forms i believe its called mastery....i may be wrong, the one that the symbol is just a purple ball.

5) Master speed, stasis field, force wave (always have it, rarely use it actually) master heal, Force storm (by far the best) by the end of the game im usually using Stasis field first then hit em all with a force storm for any petty minions, and jedi i will fight head on...honour in battle, i love it.

D/S

1)Gaurdian/Sith Lord

2) Dark Jedi Robes

3) either Double blade (as i am currently) red, or dual with whatever coulours i decide.

4) purple ball again.

5) Master speed, stasis field, drain life, Force storm (by far the best) force choke (the mastered version,'kill' i believe it is) and insanity, cos it looks cool...they all hold thier heads whilst i strike them down! mwahaha!

Still, it's a nice thread. :)

DSM

1. Guardian/Marauder.

2. Anything to boost STR. Universal D-Package is obviously my favorite. Robes if I can't find Darth Malak's Armor.

3. One red and one purple.

4. Force Channel until I get Juyo.

5. Master Speed. Force Immunity for a couple of duels. Offensive powers include Insanity, Force Wave, Force Lightning, Kill and of course Force Crush.

LSF

1. Sentinel/Watchman.

2. Anything to boost DEX. Again, big implants to boost physical (or all) attributes. Strictly robes.

3. The legendary Viridian Duo.

4. Force Channel, sometimes Niman after I get it.

5. Everything Force Enlightenment covers. Stasis Field, Force Wave and Destroy Droid as offensive powers. Again, Force Immunity for a couple of duels.

LSF exile!

1. Sentinel/Watchman

2. A lot of modded stuff which gives insanely high boosts. Always robes. Most armours look kinda ugly:p

3. Silver lightsabers, one regular and a short one in the off-hand, ala Kavar.

4. Force Channel usually, but changes whenever I feel like it.

5. Force Enlightenment, of that, Master Speed is my favourite. Master Speed+Master Flurry= 5 attacks in a single round.

I've played many times through with all different sorts of combinations and tactics, so I'll list the last two:

LSF:

1) Guardian/Jedi Master

2) Matuaki Apprentice->Grey Jedi->Ossus Keeper, with the Circlet of Saresh, and other stat-boosting gear as I came across them. I have an energy shield in one arm slot, usually using them from weakest to strongest over the course of the game.

3) Single green saber. I typically upgrade my sabers with the best Fencing Emitter and Diatum Energy Cells, and Adegan Lens. I always use the <CharName> Crystal somewhere.

4) Usually Shii-Cho, but Makashi vs. Nihilus, Sion, and Traya. I usually used the Master Flurry combat feat when engaged in melee combat.

5) I almost always use Master Speed as my first action in combat. Late in the game I used Force Enlightenment for Master Valor and the armor power, but I find that they last too short a time to bother with them for most of the game. My typical strategy involved Mass Stasis followed by closing in and using the saber, though I would of course switch it up with Force Wave from time to time. For droids I usually just spammed Destroy Droid.

DSM:

1) Guardian/Sith Assassin

2) Jal-Shey Neophyte Armor->Dark Jedi Master Robes->Dark Padawan Robes (because I like the way they look). Got lucky and found the uber all-stat boost implant. Otherwise I typically tried to use strength-boosting gear.

3) Regular red saber in the main hand, short red saber in the off hand. The off-hand saber had the <CharName crystal>, while both used Nextor Crystals for the Keen effect.

4) A little bit of eveything. I used Soresu a lot once I had it, and Shien against the melee-oriented baddies. For melee feats I utilized both Master Flurry, and Master Critical Strike when I felt like it.

5) Master Speed followed by Master Force Jump. Since every attack from a Force Jump counts as a Sneak Attack, the dual sabers with the two bonus attacks from Master Speed were devastating and killed pretty much everything with a single jump. If there were a lot of enemies, I would use Insanity first, and then force jumps and flurries.

1) What classes are you?

Isan is a Consular/Jedi Master. Alari a Sentinel/Jedi Watchman

Isan: Grey Jedi Robes

Alari: Jal Shey Armor(s)

Isan: Single Silver

Alari: Dual Blasters :p

Isan: Force Channel

Alari: Force Channel

Didn't really care.

Master Speed, and for Alari Stasis Field gotta get those sneak attacks. :D

1. What Classes are you?

My LSF Jedi Exile a Guardian/Weaponmaster.

2. What items do you equip? Did your Exile wear robes or armor?

Robes of some sort, i'm sure. Just can't remeber.

3. What kind of Lightsaber do you wield? Single, Dual, or Double-bladed? And what colour?

Double-bladed Gray. Or Dual Green, Blue/Purple, Yellow

4. What Lightsaber form do you use the most?

I didn't change them much. I used the one that gave no drastic increases, but didn't have any decreases.

5. What Force Powers do you use to augment your saber skills? Or did you just use the Force as your blade?

Force Wave baby. Force Wave.

All you weak pathetic Jedi scum, the Dark Side shall crush you all.

You sorry excuse for a force sensitive. Death to the Jedi.

1. Like duh... Sith Lord forever.

2. My favorite armours are of Darth Bandon and Darth Revan.

3. Like any powerfull Sith Lord less saber more force and deception, but I prefer a Single Bladed Red LightSaber.

4. What form comes naturaly... I don't know all of them.

5. Like I said more Force less Saber

My canon Exile is LSM, the guy in my avatar. He is about 60% on the Light/Dark scale, with 0 being total dark, and 100 being total light. That way, I can get him to have wide variety of both DS and LS Force powers, while still being able to get him a prestige class.

1) Jedi Sentinel/Jedi Watchman

2) Grey Jedi Robes (I can't find the Jedi Master Robes!)

3) A silver single bladed lightsaber in the right hand, with the Exile's Crytal, the sigil crystal, and the opila crystal, with an orange short lightsaber in the offhand with an opila crystal and a firakan crystal.

4) The Niman form is my favorite.

5) Force Wave/ Master Heal/ Master Battle Meditation/ Statis Field/ Master Speed/ Force Deflection (For early in the game)/ Master throw lightsaber, are my core ones. However, there are a few Dark Side powers I use; Force Storm. Even if you're Light Side, it's still a formidable skill. Master Force Valor can also be very useful, but not from my main character, more like one of your companions that you've turned into a LS Jedi. I also like Force Kill, and Drain Life. Those are the only DS powers I use.

1) What classes are you?

Counselor - Jedi Master

2) Did your Exile wear robes or armor?

Jedi Master Robes

Single Green

Which ever one was the best for situation I was in.

The Force as a weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

1) I was a Sentinel. No prestige, stayed as close to neutral as possible.

2) Gray Jedi Robes.

3) Kind of a lightstaff (very long lightblade), with a normal metal blade on the other end. Game treated it as a double-blader. It looks badass. I also occasionally used dual silver lightsabers, simply because I like the one move where she blocks a hit with one blade held inverse and slices with the other.

4) I always used the form that gave an extra attack.

5) Force Speed, and that's it.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm just curious as to what other people's strategies are when it comes to lightsaber combat. So here are the basic questions:

1) What classes are you?

As for me, I was a Jedi Guardian/Jedi Weapon Master, with Dark Jedi Master Robes, the Enhancement D-Package implant and the CNS Strength Enhancer. My guy wielded a single green saber with the "your name" crystal and the Solari Crystal. I was most partial to using Juyo, the Ferocity Form, and I hardly used aggressive Force Powers like Lightning or wave. But since I had all 3 powers that were used in Force Enlightenment, that made Force Enlightenment my favorite passive power. These combinations made me able to cut through Dark Jedi like a lightsaber through... well a lightsaber through Dark Jedi, really :D

Consular

Ossus Keeper Robes you get on onderon

Single Blade Silver (hard to get

I Used Master Flurry And Force Storm

1) What classes are you?

My LSM Exile was a Jedi Guardian/Weaponmaster, but I also liked playin' Sentinel/Weaponmaster

Jedi Knight Robes or Grey Jedi Robes

Blue or Green single-bladed lightsaber. Before the TSL period, my Exile had a cyan single-bladed saber

Shii-Cho and Ataru

Force Speed, Force Immunity(against force-using opponents) and Advanced Throw Lightsaber

1. Guardian -> Weaponsmaster is my most common combination, but Consular -> Weaponsmaster is probably my second favorite.

2. For armor, I prefer the Jal Shey armors, though the Zeison Sha armors will do in a pinch. I'd rather a Jedi Master Robe for looks, but I'll often use the Ossus Keeper Robe due to its bonuses.

3. I prefer two single-handed sabers of varying colors. I often use my class color, but I do change it up quite a bit. (i.e. almost every time I pass a workbench)

4. Juyo, if I have it; Soresu most of the rest of the time.

5. All Light Side powers except the Fear/Horror/Insanity course in place of Stun/Stasis/Stasis Field. It's all about Enlightenment, baby ;)

Archived