Home

What kind of lightsaber duelist were you?

SykoRevan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What classes are you?

Weapon Master

What items do you equip?

Always robes, if I have anything good

What kind of lightsaber do you wield?

I went most of the game with dual blasters :gun7:, but I didn't think it was possible to finish the game that way. Atris roughed me up a bit, and I don't even want to think about Nihilus, Sion, and Traya. :toilet1:

So I borrowed my Handmaiden's saber until I could get to a workbench (about three hours of playing) and went with dual sabers, mainhand silver, offhand viridian.

What lightsaber form do you use the most?

Um, I really didn't think about it much. I couldn't discern a huge difference, but maybe that's because I couldn't see any actual numbers. During the beginning, you don't have any to choose. And during the end, well if it was hard, I tried (buffs, stims, etc.), and if it was easy, who cares?

What Force Powers do you use?

Force Enlightenment and Battle Meditation. Also, I use Force Sight to look through doors. :sniper9:

Looks

I used KSE (KotOR Savegame Editor, and don't you dare ask what "KotOR" stands for!) to change my appearance. I use Mandalore without his helmet as my Exile, and I think he looks nothing short of glorious walking around in that flexible suit. Note: the armor I wear never shows, just the basic Mandalore suit. You can see headgear, though. My favorite headpiece is a fancy silver doo-dad from some all-in-one mod I used to use, but that one appearance change was the only thing I liked. I got tired of having Kreia running around looking like a circus performer, and I preferred the old T3-M4 plating. Now, I use the Circle of Saresh, which has these dealies cover my cheeks in the shape of mutton-chops. I am pretty picky about how the Exile looks, so it takes some going back and forth to figure out what blasters to upgrade the wazoo, or which color crystals to use in the blade(s). The only beef I have with my final product is that there are two small holes on the back of Mandalore's armor that show whatever is in front of the character (the ground). If those got patched up, I'd be thrilled.

Reply to Obss Damell:

As for your thought about strength, I am pretty sure that only the first number is your strength, in your case, 37. The 13 is your strength modifier. It doesn't mean that you have 13 strength from equipment, but that 13 will be the number factored into the fighting (I think), not 37. When your equipment modifies an attribute, it turns it orange, which all of your attributes are. Take some equipment off and see what I mean.

And as for your earlier post, Obss, you can't say you just got the game if you have already beaten it. It just isn't right. Heh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1) Canon Lightside Female (or as close to canon as I can get) I prefer the sentinal/Watchman classes, though I may also choose the Counselor/Master combo. :brow:

2) Ossus Keeper Robe (since I consider the master robes ugly. They make me look fat as well.:jab1 ) I also go with the Sesaresh circlet and Jal Shey gloves and belt. :thmbup1:

3) Dual wielder here. :lsduel: I use a cyan with the Exile's crystal and Ruusan crystal and a silver or orange with the most lethal crystals I can find, often I also use the ultima pearl or the Ankares sapphire.

4) Form? The highest of the Force related forms or Soresu.

5) The Sith Lords made all other weapons obsolete. As Dissan would say, the Force is a weapon in Star Wars games and I treat Force lightening as my #1 weapon. Lightsabers and the like are only for the early stages before I get my Force stamina levels up and learn all the powers I like to play with. After that, I'll get the buffer powers, stongest to weakest as I'm able and I may grab Force Scream or Stasis Feild powers for amusment. I hate that about the Sith Lords; none can stand against you: where's the challenge in that?

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

1) My first two times through TSL, I played a Sentinel/Watchman. I really had no reason why, other than balance. I'm getting ready to start a new character though, and this time I'm thinking Sentinel/Weapon Master (Sentinel for skills, Weapon Master to make dual-wielding actually worth it).

2) As far as my robes go, I can't even remember. Jual-Shay Master Armor, maybe?

3) I used a single-bladed silver lightsabre, with high mass criticals and damage vs. darkside.

4) I don't remember now. Maybe after I get this new character rolling, I can re-submit my answers.

5) I used the Speed/Defense/Valor combination, along with Battle Meditation. My primary crowd control power was Force Wave.

well, i've posted here before, but my strategies seemed to have altered somewhat :D

Jedi Consular. Usually no prestige, because i play the 'grey' side, or as grey as i can get anyway. or darkside sometimes, but never 'evil bugger' darkside. just manipulative, so with the ds options being what they are, i usually end up being grey anyway.

Robes, though i've been trying to make my own sort of Luke Skywalker utility tunic for a while. then my computer needed reboting and i sort of lost the drive >.>

single green. i'm a jacen solo fan :D

good question. depends on the situation i guess. probbably something defensive.

i stand back and force lighting/wave/choke/stun things and let my heavier characters do all the grunt work.

much fun :D

1) What classes are you?

Jedi Guardian / Sith Marauder

2) What items do you equip? Did your Exile wear robes or armor?

Strength enhancement items and heavy armor, I think it was a Mandalorian armor with around +12 and various resistances.

3) What kind of lightsaber do you wield? Single, Dual, or Double-bladed? And what color?

Dual-wield, one normal and one short. Red!

4) What Lightsaber form do you use the most?

Aggresive in conjunction with Master Fury or the one that is good versus many opponents. I did change my form on occasion to reflect what I was facing, primarily on bosses.

5) What Force Powers do you use to augment your saber skills? Or did you just use the Force as your blade?

Seeing as I was striding around in the heaviest of heavy armor I only really bothered with using one forcepower and that was the mass push, forgot the exact name.

Pretty sweet to jump from opponent to opponent cutting every single one down instantly while being an almost invulnerable tank! I specifically cherish the part where you assault the castle and have to fight your way upwards on a slope through I don't know how many enemies. Instantly killing every single enemy while force jumping my way up the ramp was pretty funny and that area was cleared so fast that I had to wait for my companions at the top, even managed to miss a trigger or something - at least one of them started a cutscene telling me about how I should clear this and that while I was already standing at the top with no enemies still standing! ^^

1: Jedi Guardian/Jedi Weaponsmaster

2: Custom items I made from modding, robes, no headbands, cause all the headbands look like crap. Gloves that did 200+ unstoppable bonus damage, super-regenerating implant that boosted skills by 100 each and gave 50 FP regen and 50 HP regen, belt that makes me invulnerable to everything, armbands that do all kinds of cool stuff... etc, etc...

3: Dual Sabers, Viridian.

4: Makashi, Soresu, in unison with attack stacks of power attack, flurry, critical strike, repeat.

5:Custom force powers edited from the New high level force powers 2.0-2.1 mods, also the multiple force crush mod... Usually Force Chain lightning, mulitple force crush, force destroy, force suppression...

1) I usually took Jedi Sentinel, since I wanted plenty of force powers as much as skill in normal combat. The prestige class was usually Jedi Master or Watchman, for the same reasons.

2) I typically wore Jedi robes for the first few play-throughs, but I later decided to stick with Baron Do Sage robes, which look pretty awesome (I like the dark red colouring) and give better bonuses than regular Jedi robes anyway.

3) Single blue lightsaber. It's what's for breakfast.

4) Typically the one for use against multiple blaster-wielders (forget the name).

5) Any buffs I could possibly get. Force Enlightenment, Master Battle Meditation, ect. Obviously, I had force heal (although it would've been better if it had more severe penalties for dark siders, forcing them to use the much more appropriate drain).

1) Jedi Guardian

2) Dual long lightsabers. Robes

3) two single sabers. Silver or Viridian.

4) What ever I happen to choose :D

5) Force heal. A lot.

I also modded the the living crap out of KOTOR 2, so there's a ton of crap that messes with things from the battle system to how lightsabers I can wield. :xp:

• 1 month later...

1) What classes are you?

Consular -> Weaponmaster, male

2) What items do you equip? Did your Exile wear robes or armor?

He has Battle Precognition and very high WIS for defense, so he wears robes.

Plus the Jal Shey/Zeisho Sha armor don't really look good. AND Ossus keeper robe really offers some good wisdom and charisma plus a underlay slot.

Other items, Saresh Circlet, dominator gloves, CNS strength belt/Jal Shey meditation belt, Nomi's armband, mandalorian power shield and physical boost package. What else?

3) What kind of lightsaber do you wield? Single, Dual, or Double-bladed? And what color?

Double-bladed, Cyan.

After installing USM I switched to dual-sabers. One green and one pink. Both fully upgraded.

4) What Lightsaber form do you use the most?

Form VII: Juyo

Force potency

Form II: Makashi

5) What Force Powers do you use to augment your saber skills? Or did you just use the Force as your blade?

Force Enlightenment

Energy & Force resistance

Then, if there are too many enemies, I zap them with force storm.

Sometimes I use force wave or static field to disable enemies since I installed the difficulty option mod and some enemies really have their firepower.

For my LSF, Len Krath

1) Sentinel/Watchman. Means I don't have to worry about who I bring along to dungeons if she can personally open all the doors, pinch all the mines and set all the robots on "Meet and Greet".

2) She used the Zeishon Sha armour until the butt guard began to restrict her dex bonus. I then moved on to wearing Makutai robes (The ones using the chunky master model). I can't remember what accessories she had, though I do know they all gave dex boosts.

3) Double-bladed ice blue saber (From one of the "plethora of lightsaber colours : D" mods)

4) Erm... What was the default one again? If there was ever a situation where one was desperately needed, I was probably too busy struggling for survival to switch to it.

5) Force Storm for fighting groups, Battle Meditation as the buff, Heal for stopping Bao Dur from sacraficing himself to the cannocks.

---

For my DSM, Nicholas Macen

1) Guardian/Maurauder

2) Began by poncing about in heavy armour for as long as it was viable not to use force powers (I always wondered why there was so much heavy armour in this when only Disc/HM can wear it by default and they're both easily jedifiable). Then moved on to a dark jedi knight robe, and dressed all his sidekicks in dark padawan robes to make them remember who's boss. Wore Sith Power Gauntlets, can't remember the rest of his gear.

3) Dual-wielded lightsabers. One green, one red. Green was the only crystal that he had lying around to construct his first saber, after sticking a red one on it to enhance his evil status I decided they looked pretty together.

4) The default one, though I made a habit of killing the Jedi Masters with their own lightsaber forms.

5) Used Force Storm for kicks every once in a while, and burst of speed for travelling long distances because there's no "transit back" in TSL.

1) Sentinel/Watchman for LS, and I usually go Sentinel/Lord for DS (just for the title :D)

2) Armor: the best Jal Shey or Zeishon Sha armor I can find, upgraded with BioRestorative underlay and Energy Resistance overlay. Other items: Anything that boosts Wisdom, Dexterity Constitution, or vitality regeneration.

3) Two lightsabers (one short), viridian and cyan. Last time I played (was DS), I stuck with one silver lightsaber, to make things harder. And in my current playthrough, I'm a gunslinger.

4) I really only use the Force form that allows for increased FP regeneration.

5) Push/Whirlwind/Wave, Shock/Lightning/Storm, Slow/Affliction/Plague, and stun/stasis/stasis field (if LS), or fear/horror/insanity (if DS/if I have enough FP when LS--usually late in the game). And after Dantooine when DS, just Force Crush, and nothing else. ;)

1) Jedi Sential/Weapons Master

2) Other than a good Mandalorian Melee Shield and my Petra Velani Armband, Darj Jedi Padawan Robes.

3) Double-Bladed, with any of the following crystals, depending on my mood: Silver, red, violet, veridian, blue.

4) Don't really use any.

5) Force Storm (The base of the "DarthAve Battle Method"), Battle Meditation, Heal, and Kill.

1.) Jedi Sentinel/Weapons Master or Jedi Master

2.) My Exile wears the Jedi Master Robes, she usually doesn't have any items equipped other than a couple of arm bands though...

3.) She wields two yellow/orange lightsabers. (depends on what mood I'm in, usually it's yellow, but sometimes I'll switch to orange :D)

4.) Makashi Form

5.) I use the Force as much as I use the blade... especially Battle Meditation and Force Lightning...

The default one is Shi-choo. I actually think in the basic forms Makashi is the most useful and you'll feel it when fighting Nihilus. His defense seems much higher than the other two Sith Lord, especially if you install mods that increases difficulty.

Battle meditation is good but it only lasts 20 seconds. I usually let my teammates do such work. Give them such powers as Battle meditation & Master Valor & etc, and set them to Jedi support.

Since I usually play LS I do not give my teammates a lot of DS powers. The exile has tons of FP and alignment penalty does not matter, but alignment penalty for the exile's teammates can be quite a pain.

I may get flamed for this, but I play TSL heavily modded. The last time I played through, here's the list:

1) I chose Sentinel/Watchman.

2) The <Full name's> robe mod, which was found in the room, on the Harbinger. (Mod of course, and which one depends on the situation, because one gave additional persuasion, the other was more for fighting.) And the other other gear found in the same container.

3) I used two weapons, almost always, usually swords. At first I used one prototype vibro sword, one prototype vibroblade, with one pair for people, the other for droids. The sabers, again two, one to do major damage, the other to deflect.

4) I like nimen, Soresu, and a couple others, depending on the situation.

5) I use almost all LS Force powers, I prefer Destory Droids, Force Wave, Force Confusion, and Stasis Field. I like using stealth, Force Confusion and then Stasis Field to get my enemies to kill each other, without me getting in the middle of the hassle, all the time. Does better with human enemies than with droids. Maybe add something for droids as mod, or even KOTOR III?

I like using stealth, Force Confusion and then Stasis Field to get my enemies to kill each other, without me getting in the middle of the hassle, all the time. Does better with human enemies than with droids. Maybe add something for droids as mod, or even KOTOR III?

This is one of G0-T0's unique abilities. ;)

Also, Force Confusion is bad, very, very bad. You don't get XP if the enemy you "confused" dies. BAD!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived