Home

Determine your brain age!

Vaelastraz

Do you know the site cognitivelabs.com?

There are all kind of games and tests, where you can test your brain speed, physical speed, processing speed memory and so on...

It's kinda fun to do that, and recently I found a cool test/game. You will be shown 1 set of letters, then another. You must find out as fast as possible if some of letters of the first set are in the second...

After the test, you will receive your score.. and your "brain age".

http://brainaging.cognitivelabs.com/

my score was 109.5 which is a brain age of under 20. Which fits since I'm 18.

Bah, I prefer the traditional IQ test myself. The IQ is your actually your Intelligence Age divivded by your actual age.

You can actually find your "Intelligence Age" if you treat your IQ as a Precentage and multiply it by your actual age.

A warning though: The IQ test is accurate for young people...if you are older, your results may be whacked out and not as accurate.

Really? I mean... really??? :indif:

I've never held much stock in IQ tests overall. There's whacked out results happening all across the age board from what I've seen.

As a Psychology student I should say IQ tests arent a test of intelligence and only a test of what they test. e.g. an Eskimo could memorize all the different star consolations, be able to navigate by them, be able to hunt really well and survive in extremley harsh conditions; but none of those forms of intelligene will get you anything on an IQ test.

However personally I always do really well on IQ tests so I like them ;)

Lol people.. neither this test or IQ tests are really 100% correct.

Btw, I found out this test can be abused. If you just always press "no" as fast as you can (way faster than when you have to consider) then your score will go up to 180 for example... so don't put too much faith into this test. :)

For measuring your reaction speed, it's still good though.

I've never held much stock in IQ tests overall. There's whacked out results happening all across the age board from what I've seen.

With the internet ones, I'd agree- they tend to only test maybe one or two aspects, in my experience, and also do not break down the score into the sub-components, meaning it is impossible to tell if your score is skewed or distorted for whatever reason.

That said, I do think that the Wechsler intelligence scale is probably pretty accurate, partly because it tests on a wide range.

I scored 145 on an IQ test on the internet. which was weird cause i got bored halfway though it and just made random choices.

A warning though: The IQ test is accurate for young people...if you are older, your results may be whacked out and not as accurate.

The results of tests like that (and this one) usually aren't the most accurate reflection of someone's intelligence. When I took an IQ test, the questions were very mathematical. They were things like the ability to memorize sequences, find patterns and whatnot. Nothing even slightly abstract. You could understand Das Kapital perfectly and get 100 (the average score) on that - which doesn't sound very accurate to me. Philosophy is thrown completely out the window with tests like that. You could have no clue as to what the sentence "Morals are relative," means and get 145 (a genius-level score). Not very accurate.

It's been shown that monkies are skilled at tests like this. I think it's a fairly common belief they're less intelligent than us. :p

The results of tests like that (and this one) usually aren't the most accurate reflection of someone's intelligence. When I took an IQ test, the questions were very mathematical. They were things like the ability to memorize sequences, find patterns and whatnot. Nothing even slightly abstract. You could understand Das Kapital perfectly and get 100 (the average score) on that - which doesn't sound very accurate to me. Philosophy is thrown completely out the window with tests like that. You could have no clue as to what the sentence "Morals are relative," means and get 145 (a genius-level score). Not very accurate.

It's been shown that monkies are skilled at tests like this. I think it's a fairly common belief they're less intelligent than us. :p

Well knowledge is not intelligence. So, how to you differ between people who just know philosophy and people who are capable of thinking on their own?

IMO IQ tests can never measure your full intelectual potential. What about music? That is almost always left out, and actually it would be quite hard to implement it... what about.. empathy? I would consider that an aspect of intelligence as well...

Anyway, this test I've posted does NOT determine your IQ. It tests your ability to process information and react accordingly. The higher your score (if you don't abuse...) the better you are at that.

IMO that ability, reacting to information as fast as possible, is VERY usefull in real life.

Archived