Home

Rebels too much like an 'army'?

Thor the Bassis

From a rebel gameplay perspective one of the unrealistic parts of the game is that you have hard draw battle lines (in my opinion anyway). What happened to rebels sneaking around in unmarked fleets blending into the background before starting a small base of operations on a planet. Ok not so believeable with mon cals but with corvettes and small frigates it would be good to sneak into a spaceport, maybe plant a bomb, or start a small uprising with the locals. Bit like this:

:lurkblast

This would mean that rebels would have hardly any resources but this would be believeable as the rebels only had 3 mon cals in the whole of their fleet. Also they could have an easier objective like kill the emperor and Vader?

A bit like Rome total war barbarian invasion nomadic tribes living in their spaceships?

Do love the gameplay atm though. Just could be a little more realistic?

I feel a mod coming on!!! :eekanime:

It's unfortunate there is no diplomacy. The Rebels conquer just like the Empire. They don't feel like a guerrilla, but rather like a regular army capable of facing the Empire in the open.

The ZC do have abilities the Rebels are supposed to have. One of the issue, I think was that only two factions were available in the original game. I don't count the pirates as a faction. As such, having one being an "army" as the OP describes and another as a guerrilla wouldn't work so well on the galactic map. Had every planet been given a separate governing body with which your faction (Empire or Rebel) could interact with, might have given the possibility for the Rebels to take a more guerrilla like approach. The Imperial player would not spend hours just searching for Rebels, but also interacting with various other non-playable factions in order to consolidate his power or something.

Archived