Home

What should the True Sith BE Like?

ztemplarz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just two conditions for me:

- Humans, not some sought of alien monster type thing.

- Desire to rule the galaxy, not some perverted desire to destroy everything.

If not: bushdemon.gif

Point 2 I agree, but Point 1 is rather meaningless. I mean would hate to see true sith being a giant pikachu nutjob or religious creackhead living inside the tummy of a crab or living planet or some mutated mechanical psycho the like. But any humanoid type would work fir me here, hack even spirits would work fine.

How about another "You Are The True Sith, You Are One OF US" plot... I mean, its becoming a habit.

Not to mention it works as a way to justify why you rise in power without being too unbelivable. Being of True Sith Blood is your "force connection", and could act as the reason why you're the only one to destroy the True Sith (only a True Sith can destroy the True Sith).

The true sith should be distinguishable race... Not just some humans or other

races who follow the sith way... (They should look much like humans though)

They should be entirely force sensitive race... And they should think about

them selfs as master race and force all other races to worship them as gods

and or serve them as slaves...

They shouldn't mix with other races or teach their techniques and skills to

anyone else even if some members of those other races would be strong in

the force... (They should just destroy all other force sensitive peoples and

races...)

They should use different kind of technologies and force techniques than the

jedi and dark jedi (non true sith) and peoples in the republic.. (In many ways

superior...)

races...)

Genocide. That could be the most darkest aspect and curelest aspect of K3.

EDIT: And it's not the genocide of Darth Nihilus, he eats for hunger. It's a cold, manlipatuive, smart genocide...like Takrin ordering for the destruction of Alderran.

The true sith should be distinguishable race... Not just some humans or other

races who follow the sith way... (They should look much like humans though)

They should be entirely force sensitive race... And they should think about

them selfs as master race and force all other races to worship them as gods

and or serve them as slaves...

races...)

Meh. That sounds too much like genocidal, anarchistic types to me. Besides, we already know that the true Sith are manipulative and insidious.

And if they are the descendants of the old Sith Empire and thus has ties to the original sith species, then we already know that they've interbred with the human dark jedi exiled from the Republic after the Hundred Years Darkness. They would look distinctly alien, however. Even Naga Sadow, who looked a lot more human than most, clearly had non-human ancestors.

Leeland Chi has stated that they have nothing to do with the Old Sith Empire. They built the Trayus Academy and retreated into the Unknown Regions long before Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow.

Leland Chee has said many peculiar things, but Kreia actually mentions the old Sith Empire in relation to the true Sith.

And since the idea of some uber-Sith who have somehow mysteriously been in hiding for millennia upon millennia sounds too much like a DS-fans wet dream to me, I prefer they simply build on the basis of what seems to make the most sense to me.

Some unknown uber-race of Sith is just boring, dull and hopelessly unoriginal IMHO. In short: Yuck! :(

^^^

I agree, I'm just worried that all this true Sith love's gonna some how get my my beloved tales of the Jedi retconned. I mean the Jedi V's Sith( Battle of Ruusan/ Reformation of the Republic) comic series was published because all comics, novels and even a new hope states that the republic has stood for a thousand generations( 25.000 yrs) then in AOTC Palpatine says Its only stood for a thousand years. So if GL likes the idea, then it will get made regardless of cannon

I always wondered why Palpatine said the Republic had only stood for a thousand years. Perhaps there was a brief moment of no Republic or a civil war. Maybe he was saying that the Republic has not been interrupted in a thousand years, meaning no civil war or breakups. So perhaps there was a civil war a thousand years before the Clone Wars.....ahhh another KOTOR storyline.

Anyways, about the True Sith. We really don't know who they are. It is possible the True Sith are actually..the Real Sith (the species) but we can't really say that because supposedly they died out ages ago. Some have said the True Sith are an idea, but if they are an idea then why would Revan go out to destroy "them". So obviously there is a powerful force beyond known space that has been following the ways of the sith. Now we can easily say these True Sith are the original sith, the dark jedi who were expelled from the Republic.

Whoever they are, they are powerful, wise, and above all...mysterious. I can't wait to find out who they are. Their huge empire is emptied planets, abandoned academies, so they are waiting for something....waiting very far away, for the right moment. It wouldn't suprise me if Palpatine is a "true sith" or a creation of the true sith.

So anyways, I really hope they come out with a KOTOR III and IV to explain all of this..I love Star Wars Lore that isn't explained.

I always wondered why Palpatine said the Republic had only stood for a thousand years. Perhaps there was a brief moment of no Republic or a civil war.

Yes, that's what the Jedi V's Sith comics cover, There's a galaxy wide war between the two groups, after the Sith are destroyed (all but Darth Bane) democracy is reinstalled, they called it the Ruusan reformation, and put the Calender's back to year 1, the "(RE)formation of the Republic"

If Kreia's speculation is correct, Revan went about studying the ways of the Sith, named himself "Darth", and tried to forge an empire out of the Republic because he became aware of these "unknown" Sith and believed them to be a threat to the fate of the galaxy. Of course, being twisted by the Dark Side, we can't be certain about the truth of such implications, but it's out there, and if true, likely makes these True Sith a lot more bad*** than anything we've previously seen.

My personal belief is that they are the descendants of those who built the tombs on Korriban who in turn are of the Sith species, or descendants of the Sith species...and while retaining a number of physical characteristics of the Sith species to mark them as "different," appear largely human as a result of a couple thousand years of interbreeding.

Culturally and philosophically they therefore would fall closest to the Marka Ragnos/Ludo Kressh/Naga Sadow line of Sith and Dark Side Force users. My impression, however, differs from others stated. I would classify these Sith more along the lines of "fanatical" than cold, calculating, and heartless. The Sith whom the exiled Jedi encountered treated, maybe even worshipped, those Jedi as gods. I'm not versed enough in the EU to know whether that's how they viewed Ragnos, Kressh, and Sadow, but by virtue of the tombs on Korriban it would seem that the Dark Lords of the Sith were still revered as entities of great power at that time.

So in my mind, I'm thinking that rather than typical political and military channels, espionage, and treachery, the True Sith are believers in more abstract causes as a means to power, like "divine right" and the "glory of the Dark Side" and other similar concepts put forward by religious fanatics for why they must conquer the world. I can imagine that rather than just follow the tennets of the Dark Side philosophy like the line of Sith Revan spawned, they might actually "worship" the Dark Side in a manner of speaking.

Culturally and philosophically they therefore would fall closest to the Marka Ragnos/Ludo Kressh/Naga Sadow line of Sith and Dark Side Force users. My impression, however, differs from others stated. I would classify these Sith more along the lines of "fanatical" than cold, calculating, and heartless. The Sith whom the exiled Jedi encountered treated, maybe even worshipped, those Jedi as gods. I'm not versed enough in the EU to know whether that's how they viewed Ragnos, Kressh, and Sadow, but by virtue of the tombs on Korriban it would seem that the Dark Lords of the Sith were still revered as entities of great power at that time.

I agree, and most of your suppositions are correct. You do have to factor in the time, however. The dark jedi exiled after the Hundred Year Darkness were indeed worshipped as gods on Korriban by original Sith species, but that was around 6900 BBY, almost 2000 years before the time of Ragnos, Sadow, and Kressh. By their time the exiled dark jedi and the sith species had interbred so much that there was little distinction between them, and the worship of the "others" had stopped (since they were all pretty much the same at that point). Naga Sadow, however, was more human than most, though he still had clear sith features.

Nagasadowkorriban.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#Timeline

I think the True Sith will be vastly diffirent to the way we've seen the Sith in the games before. Revan would be an example of a True Sith, or even the Mandalorians. They lived by the belief of 'survival of the fittest' and sought to test themselves against others in order to become stronger. Revan's ultimate aim was to bring down the Republic which he saw as stagnent and weak and rebuild it so that it could fend off any opposition. And if he failed, then Revan would see that the Republic could well handle the threat he knew was coming, as his conflict would strengthen them.

I think the True Sith will be vastly diffirent to the way we've seen the Sith in the games before. Revan would be an example of a True Sith, or even the Mandalorians. They lived by the belief of 'survival of the fittest' and sought to test themselves against others in order to become stronger. Revan's ultimate aim was to bring down the Republic which he saw as stagnent and weak and rebuild it so that it could fend off any opposition. And if he failed, then Revan would see that the Republic could well handle the threat he knew was coming, as his conflict would strengthen them.

There is no basis to support that position. And no, that was not Revan's ultimate aim - not in my game, and likely not in the games of many other players either.

There is no basis to support that position. And no, that was not Revan's ultimate aim - not in my game, and likely not in the games of many other players either.

But, it is an interesting theory.

What I want: The True Sith to be Sith, to be "true", and to be something totally different from what we all are saying is the True Sith. :)

We're not 4 years old, so I think we all know this. Wookieepedia isn't all-knowing.

Just what I was thinking.

I enjoy reading the wookie', but you can edit it yourself and it can stretch the truth abit, it gets alot of vandals wrecking stuff too.

If you can name a better source, I'm all ears.

Your best bet is a book called the Essential Chronology, which covers pretty much every charactor and event in galactic history, Also star wars.com has a data bank.

There's a site on the Internet called Wookiepedia,

Indeed. Only it supports little or nothing of what you suggest. Revan fell to the dark side, but we don't know why - TSL obscured Revan's motives, and TSL is a far better source than Wookieepedia, since whatever is written on Wookieepedia is based on what is in TSL and not the other way around. Besides, any idiot can log into most wikis and rewrite the entries to whatever they please. Is both the greatest strength and greatest weakness of any wiki (and recently particularly the latter...)

Kreia: "Revan's choices were always his own. It was not teaching, or circumstance, or example. It was him. Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself, no matter what personality he wore?And there is something that the Council may never understand. That perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew.The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil. I do not believe the Jedi Council changed Revan, as they claimed. They merely stripped away the surface, and allowed the true self to emerge again - someone who was willing to wage war to save others."

Besides, we know nothing about the true Sith, except that Kreia actually mentions the old Sith Empire in relation to them.

Kreia: "You must go where Revan did, into the Unknown Regions, where the Sith, the true Sith, wait in the dark for the great war that comes. And he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire, where the true Sith wait for us, in the dark."

You can find only one Sith Empire on the source you value so highly.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Empire

It's not an opinion I value so highly, it was one I read and shared.

Besides, what is established as fact for Revan? He defied the Jedi to fight the Mandalorians, then sought the Star Maps before returning to lead the Sith. All the details of what happens in the games is really up to the player, Revan being male and the light side ending being canon are even things open to scrutiny.

Archived