Home

What should the True Sith BE Like?

ztemplarz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, Zerimar should get a response.

I think that is actually true what you are saying. I don't really know Xendor or anyone from that era, it could as well be Adas's forces so we could include maybe some material about the Rakata who had the sith enslaved during their time of the infinite empire. But yes, I like your idea!

On the Star Wars wiki if you type in Sith you're going to get the RELIGION, *DARK JEDI, MALAK, REVAN, NHILUS and whatever Sith has claimed to be a True Sith deserved to be cut in two because THE TRUE SITH ARE A SPECIES ALL THEIR OWN; EXILED JEDI found them on Korriban and the other True Sith colonies, and basically took over. The TRUE SITH vanished, and all that was left were the followers of an ideal* I am sick of playing games and running into a Dark Jedi who says the same old *Sith* line "You could never face up to a True Sith, pathetic Jedi." Anyways the True Sith differ from the boring broken record Dark Jedi, they look alot more like Darth Maul (they weren't Zabraks of course) but they had the Red Skin and Black Sith Tattoos. They would seem to be more of a challenge than your average Sith scum.

• 11 months later...

I don't think they have any direct connection to the Legions of Lettow, presumably they would have considered Xendor their honorary Dark Lord because he was the first recorded individual to have split from the Jedi Order. Initially it was believed that Xendor's rebellion was the group of dark siders who were exiled and found Korriban. The New Essential Chronology mentioned the Hundred Year Darkness as that event and considering the time difference between them I don’t think they could be anything other than their philosophical descendants. The other thing is based on the fact that the “True Sith Empire” had Korriban in it, I don’t think they could have been anything else other than the Mark Ragnos/Naga Sadow Sith forces. Surely the homeworld of that Sith Empire could not have been a part of someone else’s Empire. The distinction between “False Sith” and “True Sith” is that A – the True Sith have a direct line to historical Sith lineage and B - the old Sith would be the true masters of all Sith teachings, and therefore be much more skilled in the powers of the darkside than Revan’s ilk. I’d like to think they are a lot more level headed than the goofballs of Revan’s order who seemed to betray each other simply for its own sake rather than differences in idealogy like Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh. By the way, I don't have the Tales of the Jedi comics, but how much detail did they go into about the Fall of the Sith Empire?

As I've said before the only possible "True Sith" have to be The Empire of Ragnos, Sadow, Kresh etc, because A: The Legions of Lettow were not Sith, B: Ragnos' Sith were the only incarnation worth mentioning with regards to maintaining power or directly influencing history at this point in time, An off hand comment from Kreia about the real reason for the Mandalorian Wars does not cut it for me. I think the True Sith being a geographically different group to the Sith Empire is Crap.

After reading a few interviews and such, I think the whole idea of 'True Sith' is pretty straight forward.

True Sith refers to every Sith in the known and unknown regions who has the characteristic traits revolving around world domination. I call it the Darth Vader and Darth Malek syndrome, which includes Dark Jedi, Sith Lords, Assassins, Apprentices, etc... Any Sith that followed the traditions found on Korriban, Duxn, and Yavin IV is a True Sith. True Sith follow "The Sith Code", "The Rule of Two", and they use deception, cunning, and patience. A 'True With' seeks absolute domination over everything.

Amature Sith refers to Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, and anyone else from the academy on Malacore V. Kreia could be considered a fallen "True Sith", for she believed and followed in the teachings of Korriban. Everyone else who was a sith in "KotOR II" was not a "True Sith". What makes them amatures is a simple logic, "...these Sith are of special teachings"; "...they are driven to destroy the Jedi"; "...this one consumes the force"; "etc...". KotOR II's Sith were not driven by other philosophies such as "The Rule of Two" and "The Sith Code" and "World Domination". The only thing they are interested in is to wipe out all the Jedi. They do not seek world domination.

I think the writters were not sure what direction to go in, so they created the ideology behind the True Sith in an attempt to be creative. What would be very interesting is if "KotOR III" would be called "The Sith Wars". Lol... If you think about the two different factions, someone would have a real easy time in creating a civil war between the two types of Sith.

If you have read the first Darth Bane novel, you will understand the differences.

According to Darth Bane's research, the True Sith's origin is on Korriban. Teachings of a True Sith includes 'The Rule of Two', 'The Sith Code', and 'Deception, Patience, and Cunning'. Within the Sith Academy on Korriban, Unknown Planet, Dxun, and Yavin IV, force sensitives were trained to become a canadate for apprentiship. Everyone else is considered a soldier, or they will be killed off to consolidate the darkside of the force. Originally, there were only two. There were no armies, no hierarchies, and nothing else. In order for the True Sith to overthrow the Jedi, they would work through politics, deceptions, and patience. One will encompass the darkside (power), and the other will crave it. If the apprentice is cunning enough, he or she will learn everything from the their master and the old mater's archives on Korriban, Duxn, The Unkown Planet, and Yavin IV. When the Apprentice believes he or she is ready, the individual will kill the Sith Lord in a cunning manner to take his or her place. (Thats how Malek and Palpatine got their power.) As each generation takes over, the following one will be that much stronger.

When the 'True Sith' strike, there will only be two. Both of them will be in plain site, and they will use patiance, cunning, and deception. If you think about what Revan had done, there is no real Darth Revan. According to Star Wars EU canon, Revan was a lightsider using the monarchy Darth. All Revan wanted to do is unite the Jedi and Republic, so they can face the true force of the Sith. Revan knew that a Sith Lord and a Apprentice were waiting in the Unknown Regions; however, they will bring an army of non force users up against the Republic and Jedi. Since a 'True Sith' follows the "Rule of Two", the stregnth behind one Sith Lord will be more powerful than Sion, Nhilus, and Malek combined. Malek obtained his knowledge from Korriban, but his reign and teachings as a Sith were limited. The two other "True Sith" in the unknown regions have been preparing for decades. Malek and Revan built up an army within only a few years. You can only imagine how far back the battle between Sith Lords and Apprentices had extended. Korriban contains the original Sith Archives, but the knowledge and history of the 'True Sith' is scattered throughout the gallaxy. Almost like hidden stashes of knowledge, so that the lineage could forever continue.

In an interesting turn of events, the Exile's actions on Malacore V did the 'True Sith' a favor. Since the "Rule of Two" is essential for reaching ultimate control over the darkside, the removal of Sion, Kriea, and Nhilus had consentrated the force back onto the two in the unknown regions. If they finish the story, all shnite is going to hit the fan.

Well, they're portrayed very good in this story but even better in it's sequel. On Fanfiction.net.

First story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2388512/1/The_Children

Sequel.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2499185/1/The_Children_Book_II_The_Pure_Sith_War

They're actually called the Pure Sith in this story. But the story's on halt atm, since the author needs Open Heart Surgery. It's based on Revan and the Exile coming back to the republic and preparing for 30 years. Then going to war with them. The 30 years aren't covered much. There's an indirect sequel on his account, which covers 300 years after the Yuushong Vong War.

Well, they're portrayed very good in this story but even better in it's sequel. On Fanfiction.net.

First story.

Sequel.

They're actually called the Pure Sith in this story. But the story's on halt atm, since the author needs Open Heart Surgery. It's based on Revan and the Exile coming back to the republic and preparing for 30 years. Then going to war with them. The 30 years aren't covered much. There's an indirect sequel on his account, which covers 300 years after the Yuushong Vong War.

FanFiction is not considered canon. No offense to your friend's story, but I rather go by the novels, movies, and game.

• 1 month later...

The True SIth could be a complete counter-balance to the Jedi. Kreia told The Exile on Korriban that the ancient Sith (Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos...) were much more powerful than the Sith in the Jedi Civil War time. But they could not be the "True" Sith because they were once Jedi. The Sith we oficially know became Sith during the great Schism around 24 500 BBY. I think that the True Sith developed at the same time the first Jedi.

And I have to disagree with The Source. From the beginning the Sith were only commited to destroying the thing they hate the most: The Jedi. It's because they are the only beings in the universe that can stop them. After the Jedi are gone there is truly nothing that can stop them, and "world domination" is just an after-effect.

But I think that NOBODY is going to win. At one time the Sith are close to destroying the Jedi, but the Jedi return and defeat the Sith, and it goes on.

After reading a few interviews and such, I think the whole idea of 'True Sith' is pretty straight forward.

True Sith refers to every Sith in the known and unknown regions who has the characteristic traits revolving around world domination. I call it the Darth Vader and Darth Malek syndrome, which includes Dark Jedi, Sith Lords, Assassins, Apprentices, etc... Any Sith that followed the traditions found on Korriban, Duxn, and Yavin IV is a True Sith. True Sith follow "The Sith Code", "The Rule of Two", and they use deception, cunning, and patience. A 'True With' seeks absolute domination over everything.

Amature Sith refers to Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, and anyone else from the academy on Malacore V. Kreia could be considered a fallen "True Sith", for she believed and followed in the teachings of Korriban. Everyone else who was a sith in "KotOR II" was not a "True Sith". What makes them amatures is a simple logic, "...these Sith are of special teachings"; "...they are driven to destroy the Jedi"; "...this one consumes the force"; "etc...". KotOR II's Sith were not driven by other philosophies such as "The Rule of Two" and "The Sith Code" and "World Domination". The only thing they are interested in is to wipe out all the Jedi. They do not seek world domination.

I think the writters were not sure what direction to go in, so they created the ideology behind the True Sith in an attempt to be creative. What would be very interesting is if "KotOR III" would be called "The Sith Wars". Lol... If you think about the two different factions, someone would have a real easy time in creating a civil war between the two types of Sith.

If you have read the first Darth Bane novel, you will understand the differences.

According to Darth Bane's research, the True Sith's origin is on Korriban. Teachings of a True Sith includes 'The Rule of Two', 'The Sith Code', and 'Deception, Patience, and Cunning'. Within the Sith Academy on Korriban, Unknown Planet, Dxun, and Yavin IV, force sensitives were trained to become a canadate for apprentiship. Everyone else is considered a soldier, or they will be killed off to consolidate the darkside of the force. Originally, there were only two. There were no armies, no hierarchies, and nothing else. In order for the True Sith to overthrow the Jedi, they would work through politics, deceptions, and patience. One will encompass the darkside (power), and the other will crave it. If the apprentice is cunning enough, he or she will learn everything from the their master and the old mater's archives on Korriban, Duxn, The Unkown Planet, and Yavin IV. When the Apprentice believes he or she is ready, the individual will kill the Sith Lord in a cunning manner to take his or her place. (Thats how Malek and Palpatine got their power.) As each generation takes over, the following one will be that much stronger.

When the 'True Sith' strike, there will only be two. Both of them will be in plain site, and they will use patiance, cunning, and deception. If you think about what Revan had done, there is no real Darth Revan. According to Star Wars EU canon, Revan was a lightsider using the monarchy Darth. All Revan wanted to do is unite the Jedi and Republic, so they can face the true force of the Sith. Revan knew that a Sith Lord and a Apprentice were waiting in the Unknown Regions; however, they will bring an army of non force users up against the Republic and Jedi. Since a 'True Sith' follows the "Rule of Two", the stregnth behind one Sith Lord will be more powerful than Sion, Nhilus, and Malek combined. Malek obtained his knowledge from Korriban, but his reign and teachings as a Sith were limited. The two other "True Sith" in the unknown regions have been preparing for decades. Malek and Revan built up an army within only a few years. You can only imagine how far back the battle between Sith Lords and Apprentices had extended. Korriban contains the original Sith Archives, but the knowledge and history of the 'True Sith' is scattered throughout the gallaxy. Almost like hidden stashes of knowledge, so that the lineage could forever continue.

In an interesting turn of events, the Exile's actions on Malacore V did the 'True Sith' a favor. Since the "Rule of Two" is essential for reaching ultimate control over the darkside, the removal of Sion, Kriea, and Nhilus had consentrated the force back onto the two in the unknown regions. If they finish the story, all shnite is going to hit the fan.

OMG, you think exactly like me... That's exactly my opinion!!!

Are you a Jedi or something, cauze you read my mind like a pro XD

That is why Revan searched the first time the Star Forge, so he can make an army quicker. But because of that stupid Jedi Council, he ruined all his plans, all his army. So he had to come up with something else.

So probably he knew- this is an assumption- that the Apprentice has not completed his full training, so he decided to go make the business now, while it's easier.

But he still needs help. Those guys are hidden for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. Enough time to make a very big army and a wealthy society to support a war, and a domination who suppose to last thousand of years...

And if you ask me, The Sith Lord would look like a sith-human half-breed, much like Ragnos, he would have a DS aura all around him, and the place where he stands should be filled with some spooky grey--black-red smoke!!! BOO!!!

Or he could be a green twi'lek LOL!!!

But because of that stupid Jedi Council, he ruined all his plans, all his army.

Yeah. One of the biggest problems with KOTOR 1 was the fαct that Vrook and the others never apologized for trying to stop Revan's crusade of justice and mercy, during which he happened to murder quadrillions of people.

First story.

Sequel.

I actually read his other sw fan fiction story "Descended from Heroes and Villains" a couple weeks ago and it was pretty good, thanks for posting the link to the original ones.

As far as the true sith go. I think they will be members of the sith species that left Korriban after Adas drove the Rakatan off.

It is an interesting theory but these is a flaw to it imo. Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma were declared to be sith by Marka Ragnos who was the most powerful ancient sith lord, a mere 40 years prior to kotor. They didn't exactly use deception to conquer the galaxy rather they used military force. Another problem is that the true sith can very well have been in existence prior to the old sith empire meaning that the sith code did not exist yet.

There is another possible flaw in your theory. I recall Kreia saying that the "True Sith" outdate the Old Sith Empire which was made up of the entire sith species and half breeds from the dark jedi and sith species. So if the True Sith outdates the old sith empire which was formed once the dark jedi came to korriban than the "sith ideal" (as the kotor cutscens described the sith of kotor era) was established by the dark jedi merging with the sith to form the sith empire therefore no rule of was thought up of yet since the "true sith" would just be the real sith species and have no connection to any sith order such as the old sith empire or Kun's brother of the sith.

Now in regards to what you said about Revan. Yes he did become a sith to take over the galaxy to make it stronger to combat the true sith. but if you are suggesting that Revan did not fall to the darkside was a lightsider using the "darth" title than you are wrong. The best evidence of him falling is his sith holocron.

I am Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Those who use the dark side are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith.

The dark side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation.

The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish.

True power can come only to those who embrace the transformation. There can be no compromise. Mercy, compassion, loyalty: all these things will prevent you from claiming what is rightfully yours. Those who follow the dark side must cast aside these conceits. Those who do not—those who try to walk the path of moderation—will fail, dragged down by their own weakness.

Those who accept the power of the dark side must also accept the challenge of holding on to it. By its very nature the dark side invites rivalry and strife. This is the greatest strength of the Sith: it culls the weak from our order. Yet this rivalry can also be our greatest weakness. The strong must be careful lest they be overwhelmed by the ambitions of those working beneath them in concert. Any master who instructs more than one apprentice in the ways of the dark side is a fool. In time, the apprentices will unite their strengths and overthrow the master. It is inevitable; axiomatic. That is why each master must have only one student.

This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord. The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side. If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle. The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve. This is the way it must be.

My time here is ended. Take what I have taught you and use it well.

There is no doubt that Revan fell to the darkside no matter how noble and good his intentions were, the same could be said for Ulic's goal for turning as well as DE Luke's who wanted to destroy DE Sidious and his empire from the inside, Anakin wanted to save his wife so he to had a noble goal and Darth Caedus wanted peace for the galaxy with his falling. A jedi pretending to be a sith could never say such things and I doubt they could even make a sith holocron. Darth Revan was really Revan who fell to the darkside no one can pretend to turn. Canderous notes Revan used tactics in the madalorian wars that were a replica of the madalorians which included willingly sacrificing men and jedi something a real lightsider would never do.

There is a problem with your theory down here that the true sith should they follow the Rule of Two. For example Darth Sidious notes multiple times in the Jedi Vs Sith guide that the master does not have to have teach the apprentice everything he knows. For example in the Jedi vs Sith Guide,after reading part a passage from Naga Sadow's records Sidious in his own words says Ah,but Naga Sadow was far too generous with his knowledge. Far more generous than I. Then he says he will guard Sadow's secrets implying that he didn't teach any of Sadow's knowledge to Maul,Dooku,Vader or Luke when he was Sids. apprentice in DE. Than in the article about selecting apprentices Sidious notes not what to look for in an apprentice which implies that the apprentice could kill the master before they truly learned all they could from the master so the order would lose some knowledge and become weaker over time.

No, the master does not need to learn the apprentice all, but the Rule of Two still stands.

When the level of the Master is equal or lesser then the level of the Apprentice...ZUNG! TZIAN! FOOM! Aaaaaaa!!!! "You have destroyed me!!!"

"Yep!!!! I am the MASTER!!!!"

No, the master does not need to learn the apprentice all, but the Rule of Two still stands. When the level of the Master is equal or lesser then the level of the Apprentice...ZUNG! TZIAN! FOOM! Aaaaaaa!!!! "You have destroyed me!!!"

"Yep!!!! I am the MASTER!!!!"

That doesn't mean it is getting stronger, the lost of knowledge hurts the order as a whole. The apprentice can betray the master before the master taught his apprentice everything he wanted to. Another problem is that a weaker apprentice can kill the more powerful master by means other than in combat and thus weaking the order by betraying way before they are ready to be the DLOTS.

Now regardless, it makes no difference because the True Sith were wouldn't exactly follow the rule of two because they existed (according to kreia) before the Old sith empire which was founded by the exiled dark jedi. So the sith ideal and sith code were not invented yet, but other than that your theory is pretty interesting but i don't see it being correct.

In regards to Revan's move towards a single leader... I think that Revan believed that certain actions had to be taken, but because there were so many leaders with their own agenda, he declared a single leader had to decide the fate of all. Democracy is a strange thing because it allows more individual freedoms, but because you have so many voices, progress is slowed. Perhaps Revan needed a system where a single leader would make all the hard choices and progress would go exactly as he decides. The problem Revan faced was that Malak interfered and destroyed all Revan's progress... leaving the Republic in more dire condition than it was before. If Revan had succeeded, he would have dominated everyone, but would have kept them safe from the true sith.

i dont want any of the zombie pale stuff they put in both kotor games

i want kotor 3 to have some messed up freaks.

the sith are supposed to strike fear into you hearts as the movies taught me, but they didnt scare me in kotor, they made me laugh!

so all in all, freaky sith with an even freakier voice

What should the True Sith be?.. Retconned, the current vision of the Sith beginnings and various Orders are awesome as is, I feel no need to to cheapen the Characters already established in the TOTJ, GAOTS, FOTSE.

The "True Sith" should be like the original sith

Elite Ranks: The Original Sith Species. Masters of the Dark Side

Elite Warriors: The Massasai. Basically force-imbued hulks

Sith Warriors: Sith Species warriors. Basic blaster-fodder.

Sith Assassins: Maybe Revan got the design for the Sith Assassin uniform from the Trayus Academy.

Sith Troopers: Same as Sith Assassins.

Archived