Home

300 (Pure movie pwnage!)

Negative Sun

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you that live near a Best Buy, I picked up a DVD with 30 minutes of behind the scenes stuff (that will most likely be on the 2-disc DVD that comes out in a few months) for $9.99. The best part was that it came with a free movie ticket to see 300 when it comes out.

For those of you that live near a Best Buy, I picked up a DVD with 30 minutes of behind the scenes stuff (that will most likely be on the 2-disc DVD that comes out in a few months) for $9.99. The best part was that it came with a free movie ticket to see 300 when it comes out.

That kicks ass!

Bloody Yanks get all the fun GRRR!!!

I'd better save up...to go and watch it twenty times in a row! :D

Artwork is awesome. It really does look 'dark novel'-like, sams as Sin City. Can't wait to see it.

Originally posted by stingerhs

bah, Pirates 3 and Spiderman 3 will be better films.

Spiderman will be better, no doubt. But Pirates seems a risky bet. The end of Dead man's Chest was quit disturbing, imo. I don't know about that one.

It wasn't Pitt that ruined that film for me; he's usually pretty entertaining. It was the utter lack of mythology in the film that killed it. I was expecting a cool portrayal of The Iliad. Needless to say: I didn't get it.

Troy had good actors (Pitt and Boromir :)) and good action. But it was still dissappointing to me, mainly because of the lack of atmosphere.

Anyway, 300 is going to be awesome. I just love the dark intense style of the trailer...if the movie is like that, it will be great!

...but I didn't like the Sin City movie that much, cause I thought it was a bit over the top...

lolz....maybe you shouldnt see this either !! They are using huge slathers of creative licence when they are stating that 300 spartans defeated a million persians...(sure to get a cheer from Western audiences :( )

This is all inspired by actual historical battles, but the numbers were not so... "over the top" shall we say :p

Im looking forward to this for the visuals.... the actual details you can catch in a book or The History Channel :)

btw, is it me or does the main dude(playing Xerxes?) in it have a scottish accent ?? that is quite giggleworthy :D

mtfbwya

I meant over the top visually, the mix of black n white with a few colours thrown in made my head kinda spin...

Well it was meant to be a 'live action comic book' :)

Just saw that trailer again.........art history students will appreciate alot of the references Miller(and the cinematographer) have put together.... That scene with the ship in the trailer being one of the more obvious ones :)

mtfbwya

Im looking forward to this for the visuals.... the actual details you can catch in a book or The History Channel :)

Oh yes, I'm after the visuals, too. Actually, it's the visuals and the art deisgn that have got me hooked onto this. Wouldn't give a damn about the movie otherwise. :D

This is all inspired by actual historical battles, but the numbers were not so... "over the top" shall we say :p
To be fair, it is based on the graphic novel which is based on the actual events. So if it is over the top (and it is), it is because the novel was so.

No harm, no foul I say. :)

Archived