Home

300 (Pure movie pwnage!)

Negative Sun

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its more a superhero movie than a historical movie. It was sorta ridiculous how everything makes super loud noises - eg. dropping a spear was like firing a freakin cannon. Me and my friend were making ridiculous loud booming noises to trivial movements as a joke for the rest of a night. eg. opening a beer :D

So with the abs, the noises, the monsters, the unnatural abilities - yep - superhero movie based on a comic. Battle of Thermopylae ?? Whats that you ask ?? :p I know some uber fans wont like it but IMO Troy was better.... and thats sayin something :D

mtfbwya

Hm. Didn't you know that it was based on a comic that is inspired by the historical battle?

The monsters... the unnatural colors, noises and whatever. That is style. And a very good one, I might add. That is exactly what makes this movie so MUCH better than Troy. :)

I think 300 was such a good movie in terms of the acting it was great and i'm glad their went with lesser known actor because if you had bigger ones it might have ruined it plus it was so much better than troy which was really a pile of crap in terms of the history and how the hell did achilles have a butt smoother than a baby head i'll never know

Hm. Didn't you know that it was based on a comic that is inspired by the historical battle?

The monsters... the unnatural colors, noises and whatever. That is style. And a very good one, I might add. That is exactly what makes this movie so MUCH better than Troy. :)

Yes Troy wasnt fantastic to be sure. But 300...

There is something unusual there... *too much* poetic license is being used.

It should be advertised:

A MOVIE BASED ON A COMIC BASED ON AN ROMATICISED STORY BASED ON HISTORICAL EVENTS

Too many lines are crossed. All you have left to go on are the visuals... It carries, no, IS the entire substance of the film....making it not a good film at all, but a freakin cartoon. It makes the acting and dialogue in ROTS look positively Shakespearian in comparison....and that's SCARY.

Sin City was enough Miller the film world needed. His comics are great..but that's where the man's talents lie, and should remain. Sin City was a "live action comic" It worked, but that is the type of thing that only works once.

But it all comes back to Hollywood again damnit....there is a disturbing decrease in films which rely on acting, plot and dialogue....just bulging muscles and 1337 computa trix...

*sigh*

Kubrick is gone, Kurosawa is gone, Scorsese has lost his mojo, .... at least Peter Greenaway and David Lynch are still around....the art of cinema has not too many years left it seems.... :violin:

Too many lines are crossed. All you have left to go on are the visuals... It carries, no, IS the entire substance of the film....making it not a good film at all, but a freakin cartoon. It makes the acting and dialogue in ROTS look positively Shakespearian in comparison....and that's SCARY.

I don't know man.... Sesame street pretty much squishes ROTS in the acting/dialogue department, even if 300 hundred has a script taken from a comic book, it's a script from a comic book, not something that should have supported a legendary movie series.

They both may not be all that great, but 300 didn't fail as hard as ROTS did.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

I just came back from seeing this legendary movie of such legendary porportions.

.................. I'm still in a fit of amazement.

There is not a word available to describe this Movie that has been sent from the Awesomeness.

The fight scenes, un-beleiveable. The whole picture was just .... perpetually stimluating to watch .... ( ..... eh?)

It was the first movie in the history of me going to the movies that i actually stayed behind when everybody else had left and watched the credits. All the way until the disclaimer.

I was mezmorized. And still am.

Hell, even the Musical score was goddamn awesome! :D

This ..... is .... SPARTA!!!!!!!!! (boot!)

har har har!!!!!!

AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!

Archived