Home

"I've killed many jedi"

YertyL

Anyone else find that that phrase is used a little often in the EU? To be more specific, does anyone else find that there are far too many characters who have slaughtered dozens of jedi?

Jango Fett, Boba Fett, General Grievous, Aurra Sing, Durge .... all of these were not trained in the jedi arts and still are supposed to have killed legions of jedi, some even "with their bare hands" (e.g. Jango).

IMO that's not "realistic" (i.e. in concordance with the movies) at all. The jedi are extremly rare beings with absolutely exceptional natural abilities (instant-reflexes, various ehanced senses etc.) who have been trained for their entire life. If you have heard the statement before that the Fetts are truly skilled warriors, then perhpas consider that the average jedi received as much training as they did or more.

Heck, in episode VI we see Luke, who at this point is not even a jedi knight, single-handedly take on the entire group of Jabba's bodyguards, including Boba Fett, and win.

While I do not see the jedi as immortal beings, I can hardly accept that they can be defeated in a 1on1 situation by anyone save someone else skilled in the jedi arts.

What do you think?

I don't know about durge or Jango Fett, but Grievous and Aurra Sing were trained in the jedi arts, and were pretty powerfull and Boba fett defeated Darth Vader. So I suppose they could have killed many jedi.

IMO that's not "realistic" (i.e. in concordance with the movies) at all.
On the contrary. The movies show that the Jedi are not the unstoppable supertanks that the EU often portrays them as. The Jedi can indeed be defeated by a non-force user of sufficient skill (Jango), or reasonable numbers (clone squad).

If you have heard the statement before that the Fetts are truly skilled warriors, then perhpas consider that the average jedi received as much training as they did or more.
But unlike Mandalorians the Jedi's training is devoted to a lot more than combat. Diplomacy, history, etc. also take time a Jedi's training routine.

Heck, in episode VI we see Luke, who at this point is not even a jedi knight, single-handedly take on the entire group of Jabba's bodyguards, including Boba Fett, and win.
But look at the guards! Little more than thugs that in most cases had little to no actual combat training. They were for the most part likely down-on-their-luck petty criminals who found work as blaster-for-hires. Hardly a expertly trained fighting force. And keep in mind that apart from his limited Jedi training Luke was in fact a skilled soldier from his time in the Alliance.

While I do not see the jedi as immortal beings, I can hardly accept that they can be defeated in a 1on1 situation by anyone save someone else skilled in the jedi arts.
Jango did seem to do to badly against Kenobi and Trebor.

Put it thsi way, Durge is ancient, and have more than enough time to perfect the art of jedi exterminus. Jango is just bad ass. Now, I have to remind you that for most jedi killoers, any lightsaber swinging brat is a jedi. For them a kill is a kill, and killing a padawan is still "killing a jedi" Obviously killing a jedi master(l33t) is way more difficult than killing a youngling(nub), but still Aurra Sing is going to pocket that saber and call it a kill.

Point being, Jedis(especvially average jedis) are good, but not invincible. There are many who have the skill to match/overpower them, directly or indirectly. If jedis are invincible they won't be pwned by palpy!!

Also, those jedi hunters are usually rare, and have adventures of their own more exciting than the average jedi, and probably have more experince in war than most of them.

Ventress is an ex-padawan, who would wage wars to take over a planet on her own. Aurra Sing is yet another ex-padawan(somewhat) with the mysterous Assassain training, Durge is an ancient liveform going thru thousands of war(minus mud dwelling time) and have battles with angient jedis, jango is just, Jango, and we saw him terminate at least one saber wielder.

Another thing, while all(most) jedis know how to spank that glowstick not everyone is a specialized combatant. Some are more into less violent things, from medication to bookworming to just simple service (not talking about those agricorp useless lowlife rejects but real jedis). I mean, there are jedis who have not been turning his saber on for years, it would be a lot easier to take down one of these than, say, a bald guy with a purple saber.

I don't know I think its a great line, too many jedi in my opinion. It seams that with age all star wars has become is;

Skywalker Skywalker Lightsaber slash Mara Skywalker leiahansolo JEDI JEDI JEDI JEDI sith JEDI JEDI ?Yuzhong Vong? JEDI JEDI space battle JEDI DARK LIGHT GREY?

What happened to the good old days. The only era that is slightly interesting is the new era between III - IV. Because we might be allowed to delve into the birth of the Rebel Alliance and the birth pains of the Empire.

Well, the old republic era is not bad, so did late legacy. I mean seeing some last skywalker, imperial knights and lots of sith. Plus even the skywalker is not whiney, he got style.

One thing, it would be sad if Ben would pull a Quel-Droma and becomes a jedi in the end, and currently it seems that way unless Mara is to breed more. And since Krayt is sithed at around the fall of Jacen he might be Jacen's follower?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
There are no Mandalorians in the Star Wars movies arn't there ?

hahahahahahahahahehehehehehehohohohhohoho wow that actually brightened my day lol - there are quite a few mandalorians dotted around lol if you look ver very closely you might see a few hundred thousand of them running round on the battlefields of geonosis in Ep. II failing that you can see a few hundre million of them in combat in Ep. III :)

• 6 months later...

Fighting Jedis are alot like fighting cheaters at online game. Sure they have wallhack, speedhack. aimbot and shipload of other toys, but ultimately they are just another player, maybe with a bit more health. If you do things right and/or is l33t enough you can skill kill them dead. Plus, use can also "fight fire with fire" and acquire stuff of similar functions, ranging from tech toys to trickery to underhand tactics to even tapping into the good old force.

Plus, lightsaber maybe deadly, but ultimately just a somewhat short glowstick. It is not that impossable to circumvent these protections if you have a few more braincells and some skills.

• 8 months later...

Jango did seem to do to badly against Kenobi and Trebor.

I don't remember who said that in this thread but...Jango did badly against Trebor? Jango fired a whole 4 lasers at Trebor on Geonosis and managed to kill him...without surprise.

Archived