Home

Snow (or lack thereof)

Joetheeskimo

As cousins in Massachusetts get snow days and New York gets buried in snow, I'm beginning to wonder if Connecticut is the only state that is hardly getting any snow. This has been a record-breaking winter for CT,...that is, breaking records for least snowfall.

So, what's the snow situation with you swampers? Did you have a snowy winter?

Oh well, so I stretched the page.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9133/dsc00406hs8.jpg

We're right on the middle of the biggest blizzard in 4 years, should subside by 1800 tonight. Picture doesn't do justice to some of the drifts we have out there, needless to say we get a 4 day weekend.

Stretching the page a little is one thing, but that picture makes the entire thread unreadable ~ET

We've had a fairly decent amount of snow recently. I live near Chicago, so the lake effect helps out quite a bit. We've had 3 snow days so far, but we never had more than about a foot and a half of snow.

It's definitely been one of the coldest winters recently. We had a whole week where the highs never really got above 0 degrees Fahrenheit.

I hate snow, unless there is 4' of it and lasts from november-april. Used to live in upstate NY, and living in PA now, would rather see no snow than nearly have an accident every time it snows because the DoT doesn't prepare. -_-

I live in Ohio. The snow didn't hit until late January (people were wearing shorts and t-shirts along with flip-flops in November, and it usually snows in November for us; we did have random snowfall in September though). When it did, it blew us away. We had three days of school canceled this year (two for "bitter cold" and one for immense amounts of snow). My city is absolutely notorious for not getting ANY days off. We hadn't had any days of for two years (and that was just one day off for freezing rain). Apparently my city holds the record of the strictest settings needed for days to be canceled in my county and the neighboring counties.

Let's put it this way: when the snow hit in a blizzard that canceled school, nothing moved. The snow was about one-third of my height in the streets (I am 5' 8''). I saw a snow plow truck spin in circles sliding on the road beside my house in a cul-de-sac, and it even hit a snow pile head on and bounced back, almost totaling a car in a nearby driveway. Its tires were spinning like crazy and it got stuck for half an hour. This is a snow plow truck, which has tires the size of a normal car...

Now the snow is mostly gone, and it randomly rained yesterday. It got a ton warmer and also windier. I am so excited for warmer weather!

Too bad it is predicted for there to be more snow soon...

I think the seasons are all shifting...

Global warming?

- PR-0927/Majin Revan

I'm uploading a 18mb (!!!) panorama picture taken from my front door. The snow has long started to melt, but I'll post the link here soon.

I used this free program: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Edit: Uploaded--- FileFront is pretty darn fast at uploading, I had 300kb/s upload while other sites only clock 40-50kb/s

http://files.filefront.com/Pano_Snow_FrontDoorrar/;6846765;;/fileinfo.html

Edit again: The err... condensed preview.th_pano-Snow-FrontDoor-5mb.jpg

Little snow here in Bergen, Norway. Years ago it would be lots of snow practically every year, now it's far more unpredictable. There's some snow here now, but not nearly enough to ski on. It's snow, rain, sleet, melting, lots of snow, rain, lots of rain, some snow... you get the idea.

Up in the mountains it's nice, though, I'll have to get up there for some slalom or cross country skiing before the winter holidays end (Sunday being the last day off).

Some really gorgeous pictures in this thread. Nice!

I live in NJ. It's been more bitter cold than anything. We didn't even get any flurries until well into January and it didn't really snow until last month. Now it's 50 degrees, was pouring rain this morning, and sunny, warm, and windy the rest of the day. It really makes me look forward to spring.

All our snow if finally melting. All that's left is the brown residue on the side of the road, and patches of white in lawns. Thank god, I'm getting sick of the stuff. Besides, with snow on the ground, how would I be able to wear my new shoes? :D

Yeah, it was sleeting pretty horribly on Wednesday, then overnight it turned to a huge thunderstorm, then yesterday it got a lot colder and we had near-blizzard like snow conditions, and today it wasn't snowing but high winds were causing whiteouts along the road because of all the blowing snow.

Crazy weather O_o

no snow this winter in tokyo for the first time since records began. :(

I wanted to go snowboarding this week, but most of the resorts have almost no snow, and some are even closing early. (japan ski season usually goes until the end of april).

Oh, konnichiwa btw!!

Archived