Home

kotf

azimnj

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Sigh* Hase this not been discussed much before?

KOTF is a giant scam. No, not giant Clam, giant Scam!

He asks for "Donations. So far he has had over 3000 dolors. He is not going to release it. The demo was barley his work, and I could make it. He just used every one elses stuff, and claimed it as his.

um its not going to be out?

thats sad

very sad. :firehead and uh i know how to get the saber staff and saber at the same time.its a simple trick.

anyway,he took alot of stuff from others and claimed it was his.its a giant scam is it.well its heartbreaking.i thought it was the best mod ever.

Since I'm not a part of the modding community, I'm not entirely familiar with the "modding rules". KotF itself isn't bad, just the way this guy "created" it is.

Illegal? Maybe.

Probably not, he lives in Turkey...(no offence to Turkish people meant, only their government)

It's been a long while since I have searched the JKA mods so I have no idea what is out there. From what I have seen in the demo, he seems to credit people. There is a lot of stuff (at least in the ultimate video) that is not in the the original game ie menu options, change character on the fly. Some of it looks great. If he did use material from others, then I hope he asked to use it all. If not, to say that it was shady is putting very lightly. I guess we'll see when (if) it gets released.

This whole thing is obviously a big scam. Over 3 years have gone by, and he still hasn't released it. It's now 18 days passed the so-called "release date" (3/01/07), and still no mod. As I've said before, hes probably some high school drop-out who's got no money, he can't (or won't) get a job, so he came up with this so-called "mod" to scam people out of their money.

We kindly ask your help to cover our expenses for our web site and the traffic expenses of soon-to-be-opened kotf server. Thanks to everyone who supported us during the development stage. You are the ones that brought KotF alive. May the force be with you.

The developer of the KOTF is working on this project for 4 years and still without demanding anything. When its over, the release will be presented for free. Knights Of The Force will be a free-download software from such various portals and be distrubuted as an extra by the most popular game magazines over the world. As mentioned, the developer didn't design the project for the matters considering money. His initial purpose is receiving an international reference for career purposes and to share his own creativity and determination with the world game market in order to get the chance of being involved in the creation process of such video games including such extent. In this sense he's also working on a Jedi Academy modification project that includes both multiplayer and single-player options and consists of a game that all the SW fans have ever imagined of and it will contain all the characters and playable levels from 6 SW films and convey the atmosphere and spirit of the unique SW Universe in almost 6 different languages.

Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt why don't we?

So far I don't see anything illegal going on, and if he indeed has been working on it for so long, it's quite possible he did make most if not all of that content...

The developer of the KOTF is working on this project for 4 years and still without demanding anything.
We kindly ask your help to cover our expenses for our web site and the traffic expenses of soon-to-be-opened kotf server.
:lol:

He didn't make all of the material himself. As I recall, there's a demo out and various trailers. It's quite easy to tell, even from a trailer, whether work is original or "borrowed".

Depends on how you read it, and how you define "demand." It's a very fine line.

And it's easy to tell if you know what you're looking for. Experienced modders can tell very easily. For instance I can pick out most of the more "famous" models just from screenshots, simply because I know what to look for and I see them all the time.

Archived