Home

kotf

azimnj

No it doesn't really depend on how you read it, it says clearly that he will distribute it for free, and does not ask money for it, he asks for donations, which are voluntary, big difference there ;)

Can you really? How can you tell whether a Stormtrooper or Vader skin is made by this or that person? And I've seen like 6 or 7 different Obi-Wan skins which all look pretty much the same to me...

Maybe you've got a talent for it somehow.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may not have "demanded" people for money, but to ask for money for a mod for JA is still illegal! And with all his promised features, fan boys would be willing to give money to see all their dreams come to fruitation. The first time I saw it I naver saw the ask for money part and was really excited. That ended when I read he was going to do sp code changes. That is impossible without the sp source code, which is not out, or without reverse enginnering the sp engine which is illegal. Either way there is too much illegal issues to really mess with or believe he could do it. There has been no new material and it is past due without any word from the creator. Safe bet it was cancelled. Just look at all the work that goes into OJP or the AOTC TC when it was still underway. And now one man claims to do all that and more without a team or prior released test mods?

*sigh*

Did anyone even bother to read that?

He doesn't ask for money for the mod, he merely asks donations for the server, he's not saying: "Give me money or I won't release the mod!"

Edit: btw, I'm not on the guy's side or anything, I just wish people would get the facts straight before they start slagging stuff...

How can you tell whether a Stormtrooper or Vader skin is made by this or that person? And I've seen like 6 or 7 different Obi-Wan skins which all look pretty much the same to me...
Most people think the same thing about art. Just because art all looks the same to some people doesn't mean it is, or that someone who can tell the difference is "special" or "talented". It just means that they know what they're looking at, and I'm pretty sure I already said that.

Asking for money because you destroyed your computer by changing the engine too much (which, by the way, is an outrageous lie on his part) is not only illegal, but it's a scam. The that several promised release dates have passed and he's still asking for donations should tell you something. Apparently many people are still so starry eyed and idealistic that they can't see past what's in front of their face. Or, in this case, not in front of their face.

Most people think the same thing about art. Just because art all looks the same to some people doesn't mean it is, or that someone who can tell the difference is "special" or "talented". It just means that they know what they're looking at, and I'm pretty sure I already said that.

Asking for money because you destroyed your computer by changing the engine too much (which, by the way, is an outrageous lie on his part) is not only illegal, but it's a scam. The that several promised release dates have passed and he's still asking for donations should tell you something. Apparently many people are still so starry eyed and idealistic that they can't see past what's in front of their face. Or, in this case, not in front of their face.

Could you maybe provide a link to where it says he blew up his PC and all that? thanks...

I mean,reversing sp code is illegal and nobody arrested him?i mean that is so dumb.i heard so far he has 3000 dollars.why wont he just get the computer?some are sold just for 1000 and i think he wants more money so he can get more stuff.I can infer he is very greedy.

wait i remember tim saying this in his website:

KotF runs independently from Jedi Academy and its mod files, which means KotF has its own base and mod files.

so i dont think the sp reversing code is illegal.

but i do not like the trailer.that was ForceMod3 i think.

anyway,any more problems that kotf has?i know about sp code,and the stealing,and asking for money.what else?

so i bet tim just spawned some npcs in a map and thats it.i mean how hard is that?the mygeeto map looks just like the one SJC made.i dont think he has cato neimoidia or felucia because no one made them.i bet he waits until mappers and modelers make more models that he can steal.

Well, I've just watched the 'Ultimate Trailer', and bloody hellfire that looks good! Although I can't help feeling that if he put as much effort into the Mod as he has into the Trailer, it'd be finished by now. After all, if he estimated early March for a release, then he must be fairly close to completion surely?

Now I understand the point of view that he's never ging to release the Mod (I'm still a little sceptical myself), but it seems odd that he's released a demo and countless movies for a project that he's not going to finish.

I also understand that this is mostly other peoples' work cobbled together - but it's cobbled together pretty damn nicely if that trailer's anything to go by. I'm not entirely convinced by his financial ethics in this, and it would certainly be an idea, when (if?) the project's finished, to donate the remaining 'funds' to a charity, or pass it to the 501st so that they can distribute it to their chosen charities. Although I doubt that'll happen somehow :indif:

Back on the subject of the Mod iteself though, I think it looks great. Personally, I'm looking forward to killing the Younglings, especially the one with the speaking line that can't act :xp: But that's just me.

Edit: Another thought; he says the final project will be over two CDs. Will be he able to host that through the usual channels? I'd have thought he'd have to seriously RAR down a couple if ISOs for most mod-hosts. 350mb for a trailer is pushing it enough, isn't it?

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what heppens with this...

i saw the trailer,and i dont think that was kotf.spawning NPCs in a map does not mean it is kotf.it is good,i must accept.but it really is wrong.what is he doing.he started that project from 2003 or 2004.i bet if i make an agen kolar model,he will steal it for his own mod.or if i make a cato neimoidia map,he might steal it from me aswell.

Over two CD's? You're kiddin' me. Half of the stuff he has made (I mean the stuff HE has made, not the models he has stolen), I could do myself in two days. And another thing I do not get: he has done so much illegal stuff, like Decompiling maps, asking for money for a modification, which goes against the games EULA which he should have read when he installed the game. He does not think he will get caught, does he?

Oh, and Negative Sun, after a couple of years reviewing files at JK3files.com, I think she knows what she's on about.

• 3 weeks later...

hm.i found out(3 weeks ago or 2)jebus started kotf:the beggining.

anyway.i found out tim stole a .map file from rich diesals site.also,kotf thread on filefront is locked,but they couldnt answer this.did kotf add new saberstance.NO.

tim stole it from survival mod2.if you play as izanagi,you will find that stance.why does tim have to lie like that?its sick and horrible.good job jebus and your team,you are great men.

oh wait i even found out almost every map and model or skin he took

clone pilot(ep3)and scout:http://www.pcgamemods.com/screenshot/74768.html

the rest of clones:http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Clones_Ultima;53471

ill look for more models and maps he stole.

I don't know if what Tim is doing is illegal (or whatever you people are ranting about), and quite frankly, I don't care. I seriously doubt that this is a scam. What with all the videos he's done, how is it possible that it's fake? Besides, nobody HAS to donate to him if he/she doesn't want to.

As for how much he's "stolen" from other designers, well, as far as I'm concerned, if this mod ever gets finished, I don't care how it's made, because either way, I'll be able to donwload it, enjoy it, and let others endlessly ***** and moan about his legitimacy as a designer.

However, at the same time, I won't lose much sleep if this mod is never finished. I believe that Tim is actually working on it, and not just scamming everybody. Due to the multiple failed release dates, however, I am not sure if it will ever be completed and released.

^^ l sought of agree with him

I say that what his making is not illegal because it is allowed on so many web sites he even has a file on lucasfiles and if it was illegal they would not allow it and give a pay cheque for him to pay but have they done that no so l think it is not illegal and it is so big to be just a scam like come on like look at it why would you make tat whole thing just to get money like come on it is so big and the demo is soooo cool and the options and things like that and the reason why l think he has not realeased yet is because hes internet probably was down because that was the problem why it took so long to get the ultimate trailer on woops got to go

the videos and screenshots are fake.i think he used it for private use.i mean,anyone can play a level with spawned npcs and vehicles.i do know that people dont have to give tim money,but that was some lying tim made.for example,on his donation,he got 1800.then he erased that and started all over.and when somebody in his forums says hey its illegal,he gets banned.it really looks like a scam,and i am sure it is one.would a scammer delete posts or people that are saying that what he did is illegal in his forums?oh yeah.

TKA-001 and Daniel333, well frankly, I feel sorry for you.

You say you don't care about how illegal it is. Well, when you get caught playing it (If it comes out) I will have to laugh. No, it's not the type of thing you go to jail for. It's the type of thing you get sued for.

TKA-001 and Daniel333, well frankly, I feel sorry for you.

You say you don't care about how illegal it is. Well, when you get caught playing it (If it comes out) I will have to laugh. No, it's not the type of thing you go to jail for. It's the type of thing you get sued for.

I'm no lawyer or anything, but I doubt they could ever get sued for that. Technically, they aren't doing anything wrong themselves; downloading mods is legal. Now if the mod was really made by stealing other modder's stuff, it's the guy who made the mod who could get sued. The people who download it can just say that they "didn't know how it was made".

I'm not saying that I agree with them. Far from it. But I don't think that people who will download it (if it ever comes out) can get sued for that. In fact, I seriously doubt that even the guy who made the mod will get sued for releasing it (it would take a really, really angry guy to escalate things), but anyway.

I seriously hope the cops have better things to do than track down people who download a mod for a game that may or may not contain other people's material...It's not like there's rapists and murderers out there or anything...

How can anyone get caught playing it without invading their privacy? Which is a lot worse IMO

Archived