Home

Sequel

lordzack

I expect and hope to see at least one expansion before a sequel. However, I do want to see a sequel eventually. Hopefully it will include both Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War.

I want to see larger battles. At least 200 pop cap. Also the Rebels should play more like a guerilla group. I also think planets should have multiple maps and systems should have multiple planets.

I think there should be no garrison units. The Empire has to build Ties and then load them on they're ships. Some ships also transport ground units and some even land on the planet like the Acclamator. You should be able to have certain starships fighting in atmospheric combat. You have to build transports,

and there are multiple types with various capacities. You can load trabsports between battles. So you can load an AT-AT with stormtroopers, put the AT-AT on an AT-AT barge and put the barge in a Star Destroyer.

Also you should be able to fight aganist/ally with various factions like the Corporate Sector Authority, Black Sun, Hapes Consortium ect.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

When in development, the idea was not to bog players down with too much micro management. However, when some of the modding community started to look into the game files, it turns out that alot of things like diplomacy, for example, were turned off and a whole host of other features were taken out.

I know for a fact that during the development of EaW, Petroglyph played Star Wars:Rebellion/Supremacy, which to this day, remains one of the best RTS games out there.

Combine stuff from both games and Lucasarts will have a winner on their hands.

DMUK

Well yeah. Rebellion, like Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, are very complex games and are really not suited to the casual gamer.

EaW however I feel went too casual, it just doesn't have the required depth or diversity required to keep people playing. I remember back on the GBG forums, I initially refused to believe that LA would release a new RTS with only two main sides. Add to that things like how the Rebellion was portrayed, which should have been much more like the Consortium, and you're got longevity issues.

I too hope there will be a sequal but a more in-depth one with many of the concepts that Petro considered for EaW/FoC but didn't have the tinme and/or resources to utilise.

Archived