Home

Same gender romance mod for KoTOR1 (and 2?)

firehawk12

I haven't been here in a while, but I remember this mod existing and did a google search and found the corresponding thread, then did a forum search and found this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=121416

I'm just wondering, is that basically the extent of the work that was done on this idea? Basically "tricking" the scripting system to believe the female PC was actually male so that the Bastila romance options still worked?

On a somewhat related note, is such a mod possible for KoTOR2, especially given that one of the NPC recruitment options depends on the gender of the player?

Thanks!

Well for KOTOR1 the following mod allows a female PC to take romance plots between Carth, Bastila and Juhani (although I haven't figured out how to get a romance with her yet, can't say I'm disappointed :D)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169639

As for KOTORII, I'm pretty certain that there isn't an equivalent mod. But there are mods that let you for example, have Handmaiden in a female PC's party instead of Disciple (both characters still appear on the Ebon Hawk too I think). That link is here I think lol, not 100% sure this is the one but it's worth a try :)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150020&highlight=%5BTSL%5D

For the TSL mod this armband offers tons of functions, and I think it earns respect with the granting influence option alone. But if you want to keep it strictly for Handmaiden in a female PC's party, go to party management options or something along those lines, and work your way from there. It doesn't change who is accompanying you at the current time, but who you can choose to travel with at any given time. So as a female PC just click Handmaiden and she should be available to join you :)

Sorry if I've waffled a bit lol. Hope this helps!

Hrm, do you know where to get the armband mod now? The modder's site seems to be gone.

And, I wonder, are there the same gender checks for Handmaiden, or did they handle that differently?

There are a bunch of gender checks in relation to the Handmaiden in various places throughout the game. The "Handmaiden Choice" hack linked to in my signature should take care of those and allow you to choose if you want to bring along the Handmaiden instead of the Disciple as a female Exile. (If you use it, be sure to check the ReadMe for instructions on what dialog choices you must make to get the Handmaiden to come along.)

Unfortunately you can't bring along both the Disciple and the Handmaiden since the game automatically hides the Handmaiden's portrait on the party member selection screen if the Disciple has joined, which cannot be changed via mods.

So, presumably, if you take the Handmaiden, the whole Visas vs Handmaiden thing would still be there? As opposed to the Atton/Disciple elements that exists for female PCs in the unmodded game?

More or less. I removed the part where the Handmaiden refuses to talk to you ever again if you happen to have 30 or more influence with Visas than with her at any point. That part didn't make sense to me and just encouraged game OOC planning rather than playing normally. :)

Hehe, yeah, she gets so jealous she refuses to talk to you at all. Aww. :(;)

Just wondering, do you think your mod would work at all with the TSL Restoration?

I have no idea at this point since I don't know exactly what changes the restoration project has made. But this mod will most likely require an update when the RP is released, since the RP has made some changes to party member cutscenes and such.

^

I think the original mod allowed people to do a Carth/Male Revan romance, but I don't remember...

I have no idea at this point since I don't know exactly what changes the restoration project has made. But this mod will most likely require an update when the RP is released, since the RP has made some changes to party member cutscenes and such.

Well, I hope you do update it whenever the RP is finished. ;)

• 3 months later...

That link appears to be dead, sadly. I'm *very* interested in this file, do you have any idea where else I can get it? Thanks ~snip~

Please do not post e-mail addies, even if they are parted. Feel free to use our PM system for personal contacts. ~ Cz

Archived