Home

Resolution adjusting

Zill

I'm a HUUUGE fan of KOTOR2.

That game made me fall in love with the Star Wars setting like nothing else ever has. I still don't find the movies all that great, but the world itsself I can't get enough of, if that makes sense.

I just recently got KOTOR1(Yes, I played them out of order ... sadly, I seem to do this alot.) and so far I'm loving it as well. Though I haven't gotten very far just yet, I'm already quite enjoying the quests and characters I've encountered thus far.

The reason for this post, however, is I have one huge, crippling gripe about KOTOR1. After playing through KOTOR2 so many times before this, I'm very accustomed to the few technological advances it has over the first, so what's bothering me ALOT is how all the in-game menus under high resolutions are shrunk down instead of stretched and adjusted.

I have an LCD resolution of 1280x1024, and when I set KOTOR1 to that resolution, I practically need a magnifying glass duct taped to my face just to navigate menus.

My question is this: Is there a way(whether it be through mods, ini settings or otherwise) to stretch the menus to the resolution I have rather than simply stick to a smaller resolution to compensate for tiny in-game menus?

Any help well appreciated.

Thanks alot!! :)

The reason for this post, however, is I have one huge, crippling gripe about KOTOR1. After playing through KOTOR2 so many times before this, I'm very accustomed to the few technological advances it has over the first, so what's bothering me ALOT is how all the in-game menus under high resolutions are shrunk down instead of stretched and adjusted.

It's possible that this could be adjusted in the GUI files within the game data, but I am not certain since I haven't looked into editing them for this particular change. It might be worth having a closer look at at least. (If you are familiar with KotOR modding they can be found in gui.bif. They are GFF format files and can be modified with K-GFF.)

If that doesn't work I don't think there is much that can be done about it. If it's not modifiable in the GUI files I think it's a "feature" in the game engine not to scale the interface components with the screen resolution.

Try running in windowed mode?

Tried that, but it doesn't make any difference, sadly.

It's possible that this could be adjusted in the GUI files within the game data, but I am not certain since I haven't looked into editing them for this particular change. It might be worth having a closer look at at least. (If you are familiar with KotOR modding they can be found in gui.bif. They are GFF format files and can be modified with K-GFF.)

If that doesn't work I don't think there is much that can be done about it. If it's not modifiable in the GUI files I think it's a "feature" in the game engine not to scale the interface components with the screen resolution.

I messed around with the GUI files and couldn't find anything that would determine the GUI scaling, so I don't know if it's possible this way. Guess I'll just have to either A) Deal with it or B) Get used to 800x600.

Archived