Home

Limited Edition Ideas?

Frenkieee

In this thread I came up with the idea of a Limited Edition of Grim Fandango for it's 10th year anniversary. What would you like to see in a LE? It has to be feasible.

I personally would like:

- a map of Rubacava

- a map of El Marrow

- action figures of Manny, Meche, Glottis, Lola, Domino, Hector, Nick, Sal, Eva (although that may be a bit too much). Well, not action figures, more just.. figures. Don't know what to call them in English

- a huge 2m x 1m poster of an image like this one

- a coffee mug from the end of the world

Anyone got more ideas? Don't know what the price will do.. but that doesn't really matter. The possibility that there will be a LE is almost zero, but we can always dream.. :)

In this thread I came up with the idea of a Limited Edition of Grim Fandango for it's 10th year anniversary. What would you like to see in a LE? It has to be feasible.

I personally would like:

- a map of Rubacava

- a map of El Marrow

- action figures of Manny, Meche, Glottis, Lola, Domino, Hector, Nick, Sal, Eva (although that may be a bit too much). Well, not action figures, more just.. figures. Don't know what to call them in English

- a huge 2m x 1m poster of an image like this one

- a coffee mug from the end of the world

Anyone got more ideas? Don't know what the price will do.. but that doesn't really matter. The possibility that there will be a LE is almost zero, but we can always dream.. :)

I'd love to see maps of every place in the game. Some 'figures' too and.... I don't know really. I think what you've just said would be awesome so i agree with you.

Anyway, if a 10 years LE of GF comes out, no matter if it has all that or just a pic of Manny on it, I'll be VERY happy of seeing GF is out to the market again, opening new possibilities to a GF 2 :)

An A-Z of Grim Fandango booklet, like the kind of size book you get with the PC version of San Andreas.

Failing that, a small leaflet like you get with some DVD's advertising new releases and such, which simply states:

"Grim Fandango II - Coming Soon"

:)

I'd like to have an enormous artbook with concept art from all stages of production and explanations. For example, there must have been earlier designs for many of the characters, and I'd like to see those and the reasons they were abandoned. I'd also love to read a detailed description of the writing process and how the plot and dialogue were put together. There must be characters and plot elements that didn't make it to the game, and perhaps the ending was something else in the first stages of production.

In other words, a very detailed "Making of Grim Fandango" book would be perfect.

I would really like a copy of the poster outside the Blue Casket, the one with the woman holding up a sword, it's just....awesome.

oh and maybe an ashtray with the four band players, that would be great even though I don't smoke.

I would love a re-release of the game with a new cover with definitely most of the above

-Cast Poster

-Original Soundtrack

-A book containing production diaries and concept art, with game guide

-A GF Coffee Mug

Personally, though this would probably be way too much- replica costumes and props of the characters such as Manny's suit, scythe, etc, etc.

Put me down for one of those pillows. The maps sound like a great idea. I'd like some sort of guide to the Land of the Dead like was at the back of the guide that originally came with the game except enlarged. Also how about spare cases because despite my best attempts mines getting a little tattered. Its nearly ten yrs old for christs sake, I'm just not that responsible.

Haha oh yeah this wud actually rock, im working on Grim Fandango Maps as we speak anyway.. :)

That sounds like a darn good idea :D I did do a map of Rubacava, since I thought its the only place in GF that has enough in it to make a fairly decent map, but I lost it :(

Well do be honest, i was only making them to throw in with a walkthrough i was still to write and they are pretty terrible and out of proportion, but nothing a bit of photoshop cant fix! I worked through the game and have done everything up to rubacava, im putting in character locations and items and stuff but if u wanted me to steer it away from a walkthrough idea and a detailed project its no problem.

An Artbook like VampireNaomi says would be great.

They could make a better render of the game. Improve it a little bit. After all we're on 2007.

Also, I would love the mural that it's on the train station - wich tells the whole story - as a poster.

• 2 weeks later...

I've already said this a couple of times, long ago, but all I want, and all I ask from a re-release of GF, is that they let you go to Puerto Zapato and to the festival at El Marrow. Not even new adventures, but just new rooms, or parts of cities we couldn't see before, would be amazing. But, yeah, that must be quite impossible.

I had some other interesting idea around, but I can't seem to remember it now.

Anyway, other than that, I pretty much agree with everything said :D

If that was the quality of the action figures...I think I'd pass...just doesn't look like Manny...and I Manny doesn't look like the kind of guy that would smoke a cigar...but that's just me...it's pretty good otherwise...and yea...I'm definitely not saying that I could do better...b/c I can't...

Archived