WAIT LIKE 5 MINS NOTHING HAPPENS

CLICK DOWNLOAD GET A BOX THAT SAYS NO ERROR... AND NOTHING HAPPENS

GO TO A SIGHT SUCH AS LUCAS FILES

DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE

AND INSTALL IT

SAYS EAW IS NOW UPDATED

REBOOT COMPUTER

RUN EAW

WAIT FOR ABOUT 45 SECCONDS THEN I GET A BOX SAYING TO INSERT THE ORIGIONAL DIST NOT A BACKUP(1000) THEN GIVES ME THIS LINK

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=copy&c=1000

I HAVE DONE THIS EXACT SAME PROCESS ATLEAST 10 TIMES IN THE LAST MONTH AND HAVE GOTTEN THE EXACT SAME RESULTS

I AM PISSED OFF AND FED UP SO COULD SOMEONE PLEASE JUST HELP ME

Is it possible your disc is damaged? If any of your friends have the game I would borrow their disc and try that just to see if thats the answer. Other than that I can't really think of what could be causing it.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Where did you download the game from? The more information you give, the easier it is for us to help.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

First step, would be to remove the game completely and the files from your computers registry. You can grab Reg Cleaner - free from http://www.download.com . Which operating system are you running?

When you install, you will need alot of disk space to install to. Before installing, make sure you have updated your Direct X and graphic card drivers.

Then......

Re-boot the system and try launching the program again.

Make sure you have Disc 1 in a local CD/DVD drive.

Close all other running applications, especially things such as: Clean Sweep, anti-virus software, ZoneAlarm, and CD burning software (for example: Nero or EZ CD Creator).

If you have more than one local CD/DVD drive, try all drives.

If you have a Virtual CD Drive installed, make sure it is disabled.

Make sure you have updated drivers for your optical (CD/DVD) drive AND that you have the latest motherboard drivers available.

Make sure you wait for the disc authentication after the program launches. It can take up to one-half minute or more for initial disc authentication. Your mouse pointer may change into a spinning disc pointer while the disc is authenticating.

DMUK

• 1 month later...

My game does the same exact thing Dactillion. I have juss learned to deal with it. I donwloaded the update from Gamespy. Mine works sometimes on the first try, then sometimes you have to try it 5 or 6. But i've just ;earned to deal with it.

• 10 months later...

i have tried it so many times its not even worth it at all

i just tried to install the patch again and the same thing happened agian

i am just getting FOC and then get ready to deal with all the bugs in that game

its really not even worth my efforts the game aint that fun.....and the bugs dont help

Archived