Home

scumm and curse of monkey island

cfcazza

Hi,

I am new to all this Scumm etc and would really like to be able to play COMI on my XP.

I have Scumm installed but cannot seem to get COMI to work. I did manage to get it running by justinstalling normally but it crashed after the first scene.

Would someone please be able to give me the steps i need to follow?

Also why does COMI come on 2 CD's and do you need to install them both??

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like you're new here... Well, I'm new too, and I give you a warm welcome to LucasForums!!

To solve your problem, you might want to check the Sticky called "Problems with games? See here first.". You'll find it at the beginning of the thread list where this same thread is located. Perhaps the solution to your problem is installing the program ScummVM and running COMI from there. In that Sticky you'll find the link to download it.

The game comes in 2 CDs because of the extensive lines of dialog and cutscenes all around the game; a single CD wasn't enough to store the entire game. You install the game using only the first CD, but as you progress through the game eventually you'll need to insert the second CD. There's no need to do any type of installation from CD 2; it's only purpose is 'gameplay'.

I hope this helps you. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I am new to all this Scumm etc and would really like to be able to play COMI on my XP.

I have Scumm installed but cannot seem to get COMI to work. I did manage to get it running by just installing normally but it crashed after the first scene.

Would someone please be able to give me the steps i need to follow?

Also why does COMI come on 2 CD's and do you need to install them both??

Thanks,

I have the exact same problem. It crashes on the first scene with the map and the water swishing

I have downloaded 'scummvm-0.9.1-win32'

i instealled it and ran it, and then when open i clicked on D (CD) and so it ran inside SCUMM but chrasesd in exactly the same place as when no using SCUMM!!

I have looked at the other threads but i really don't get it >______<

i know nothing about this kinda stuff. please help o____O

:ears1:

haha the ear smiley is not relevant, i just thought it was amusing

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On my new computer, COMI was having troubles, but running it through ScummVM worked for me, as it invariably does.

I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. Did you try running it through ScummVM at the place it is installed on your hard drive, instead of the CD?

Archived