Home

Man, I hate to do this...

Hannibal

Anyone read the latest OXM?

They had a special rumor section where the surmised :) that KOTOR3 would be made by Bioware and that they'll have a team available to start work on it.

To me it sounds like more forum speculation but they have their ear closer to the ground in the industry.

If anyone else read it maybe that can explain it better. I read it quick on the way out. It's #2 in a top ten list.

PS Duke Nukem forever is in there to so that can actually increase the fact that this is just speculation and rumor. That game will never come out! ;)

Has to be rumor, and if so, not a very GOOD rumor. Why? Because I prefer Obisdian to make the game rather than Bioware. Besides, didn't Bioware state it won't use anyone's elses intelltecutal property (and it may get bought out by Pandmeic, who hates LA for attempting to steal the Mercs intellectual property).

Besides, didn't Bioware state it won't use anyone's elses intelltecutal(sic) property

I doubt Bioware have stated that they never ever again will produce games using intellectual properties owned by others. To my knowledge they only said they wanted to make some games of their own a few years ago, which does not exclude that they'd work on games based on other IPs later after having done so (Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age). :)

I think it's a rumor, I'd like to see Obsidian finish the game they started and see where they take KotOR anyways.

I don't think Bioware is going to make the game anyways because they've been shipping off games like NWN and Kotor to Obsidian and I don't think they've made a sequel in a while right? They are only focused on original IP's for now, but I'm more stoked for Mass Effect anyways. Although I would love KotOR III

Rumour. I also prefer Obsidian to BioWare, but I like both companies. It would make more sense for Obsidian to finish off the KOTOR series and BioWare won't return to write the third game, since I thought that they didn't want to be involved with any future KOTOR products.

It never made sense to me why Bioware stopped working on Kotor. After all, Kotor was a huge success. The game got top ratings, and as far as I know, it was a commercial success too.

And, with Kotor Bioware reinforced their image as the world's best RPG developer...which they are. No other company has a compareable history of good RPGs imo.

Obsidian didn't do anything impressive with Kotor II, apart from the story, which I admit could have been better than the Kotor I story.

Bethesda are good at what they do. But they don't do story driven RPGs.

It never made sense to me why Bioware stopped working on Kotor. After all, Kotor was a huge success. The game got top ratings, and as far as I know, it was a commercial success too.

Yes, but it's Lucasarts' intellectual property, which means that whatever they say goes, whether Bioware likes it or not. Would you prefer to work under those conditions given the choice? I know I wouldn't... I like Star Wars, but I like artistic license more, especially when it comes to being creative about a plot. And then there are those nasty rumors about Lucasarts pushing harsh deadlines on developers, which TSL certainly didn't do much to exorcise...

And, with Kotor Bioware reinforced their image as the world's best RPG developer...which they are. No other company has a compareable history of good RPGs imo.

That sounds a little over the top to me. But YMMV.

World's best RPG developer? I doubt that...

Obsidian didn't do anything impressive with Kotor II, apart from the story, which I admit could have been better than the Kotor I story.

I disagree. The plot of TSL was much, much better. It's such a crying shame they didn't get to finish it :mad:

Looks like rumors, but does anybody know anything about a Fable 2?

It's being developed for the Xbox 360 and maybe the PC but that has nothing to do with KOTOR.

I don't care if Bioware or Obsidian makes it as long as it's made. Although I prefer if it's one of these two since they already have experience with making them.

Looks like rumors, but does anybody know anything about a Fable 2?

Yeah man, check this out.

Topic; I was under the impression Bio was going to busy for a few more years with MassEffect, it being a trilogy & all. & like others, I'd prefer OE finished/continued the Knights series.

I think I'd rather see OE do kotor3 simply to see them finish their story. Bioware wrapped up their story nice and neat. If there was no sequel we would still have a complete story. I think I remember reading that Chris Avalone had a story line laid out that continues from K2. I could be wrong about that but if true it makes sense to me to let OE finish the story(assuming it's a trilogy). Nothing against Bioware, I personally give k1's story the edge over TSL.

Well' date=' the plots of K1 and K2 are of distinct styles. Neither is objectively better than the other I'd say. It all depends on individual preference.[/quote']

QFE.

Topic; I was under the impression Bio was going to busy for a few more years with MassEffect, it being a trilogy & all. & like others, I'd prefer OE finished/continued the Knights series.

So no one else has seen this magazine? Am I the only one with a subscription?

It said that Obsidian doesn't have a free team at the moment and that Bioware should have one sooner the Obsidian will. I think with the Bioware Pandemic combo Bioware would have higher bandwith.

But I'm in now hurry for the game. Mass Effect will be occupying my time soon enough. If it's going to be made I think it would be great to see KOTOR3 in the Mass Effect engine. I don't care who does the story as long as the engine is upgraded.

If it's going to be made I think it would be great to see KOTOR3 in the Mass Effect engine. I don't care who does the story as long as the engine is upgraded.

I think it would be great too... but my bets are that K3 will be more like NWN2 than Force Unleashed for the reasons Dak Vesser gave in this thread.

I think it would be great too... but my bets are that K3 will be more like NWN2 than Force Unleashed for the reasons Dak Vesser gave in this thread.
I agree. I think the engine NWN2 uses would suit a K3 much better than something like Force Unleashed. I want the game to keep its rpg aspect of it.

So no one else has seen this magazine? Am I the only one with a subscription?
Looks that way. :D The only game magazine I subscribe to is Games for Windows. ;)

It said that Obsidian doesn't have a free team at the moment and that Bioware should have one sooner the Obsidian will. I think with the Bioware Pandemic combo Bioware would have higher bandwith.
Based off Obsidian's CEO's previous statements about Obsidian staying fairly small and only working on two games at a time with a third in pre-production that sounds about right to me. Obsidian has the Aliens RPG and another unannounced RPG in the works, both being published by Sega so we know they're not working on KotoR 3. If they have a third in pre-production then it's at least 3 years out.

BioWare on the other hand has an unannounced next-gen game in development that I don't know anything about. I guess it's possible that it could be KotoR 3 but I'm thinking the chances it is aren't good. We'll just have to wait and see if BioWare has any big announcements this summer but it seems like BioWare is ramping up its game production capability with the addition of the MMO studio in Austin, Texas and a handheld game studio as well. Also of note is that Casey Hudson and many other BioWare peeps that worked on KotOR are working on Mass Effect and will likely be tied up with the last two installments of that series for the next 4-5 years.

My guess? LucasArts hasn't even started on KotOR 3.

If it's going to be made I think it would be great to see KOTOR3 in the Mass Effect engine. I don't care who does the story as long as the engine is upgraded.
I don't see how KotOR 3 would NOT use a new engine. At this point if KotOR 3 gets made then they're definitely not going to make it for Xbox. ;)

I think I'd rather see OE do kotor3 simply to see them finish their story. Bioware wrapped up their story nice and neat. If there was no sequel we would still have a complete story. I think I remember reading that Chris Avalone had a story line laid out that continues from K2. I could be wrong about that but if true it makes sense to me to let OE finish the story(assuming it's a trilogy).

Agreed. I think Kotor would suffer, being changed frok developer's hands everytime.

Nothing against Bioware, I personally give k1's story the edge over TSL.

Oh yeah.

Archived