Home

Analog Thumbstick Control for PC Academy

misterTroop

Does anyone know how my team and I might bind particular sabre

strikes (animations) to particular commands...for example, we would like to play Jedi Academy (PC) with Wingman Rumblepads and utilize a similar control

system as the one in place with Star Wars: Obi Wan (a so-so game for the X-Box except for the fun and interesting analog stick, sabre control system.) For example, a downward slash, currently controlled in game by Forward + Mouse Button 1, would instead be controlled by simply pushing forward on the right thumb stick. A slash from right to left would be controlled by pushing the right thumb stick to the right, etc. At first this may seem somewhat limiting but once we get on the right path we would like to explore more options. This may very well jack with the camera system, but we will kill that big beastie after a cup of tea.

We are eager to implement this and any assistance would be much appreciated.

Does anyone know how my team and I might bind particular sabre

strikes (animations) to particular commands

Thats easy but it will affect a LOT the gameplay. Scripting the combos is easy but it is very slow to execute. The example of forward + mouse 1 will be something like this:

bind q "+forward;+attack;-attack;"

This is a basic attack. For more complex combos you need to know how to do it right and the right sequence, and for the purpose of complex combos you will loose control of you character until the combo end.

If you ain't familiar with scripting I suggest that you search other forum about it, or learn it by yourself. It is easy...

Thanks for your response. I will look into scripting for this. However, I just want to be clear on your response - by use of scripting I can instruct my character to stand still and cut to both the left and right as opposed to how it is currently handled in game, with the character required to move in the direction of the cut.

Thanks again.

This would still require movement by the script, but the movement should be smaller.

Alternatively, you could just script it using the debug animation command, this could require the game to be in cheat mode, and possibliy recompiled in debug mode. I don't remember the specifics of this.

Archived