Home

Revan or the Exile

Revan was voiced, even if s\he didn't say much. Any reason why we can't go with that and maybe a couple of diffirent voice actors in the event of them both being fe\male? Maybe entice a couple of big names to do the Exile so fans would warm to the idea, get Natalie Portman or Amy Allen to play her, or if male give Jango a rest and have someone like Hayden Christensen for the role.

As for looks, could the game somehow work out the appearence of Revan and the Exile based on how you describe them throughout the game? It might be too random or if it was implemented too obvious but if it could work would it be a good idea?

What plot holes are you refering to?

The fates of both Revan and the Exile, and maybe even Bastila. Now I know, Revan is looking for (or fighting against) the True Sith and the Exile and Bastila are looking for Revan, but that doesn't tell us any details. Also, how could you possibly explain the absence of the two most powerful Force users of that time?

I replied to your post a little too quickly last time. I didn't happen to notice that you only said "no meeting them in person," and that could certainly work. But still, there will always be the fan-boys (or fan-girls) who must see their precious Revan, and whoever develops KotOR III will have to consider that.

Revan and exile should be in the game, but since they are so powerful now, they should not be playable until late in the game.

If you play them late on then you'll have to level up god knows how many times (at least to 30 I'd imagine) in one go. Thats ridiculous.

I agree with others that their presence should be limited; as limited as possible to remove the many problems with canon.

Should we be able to select Revan and the Exile’s genders in KotOR III? Absolutely.

Should we be able to select what endings Revan and the Exile chose in the preceding games? Certainly.

Should we be able to select Revan and the Exile’s faces and classes? If required, then yes.

Does Revan already have a voice actor, for both sexes? Yes.

Does the Exile? No. Can we get a voice actor for both sexes for the Exile? Of course.

The problem is; is that not everyone’s Revan and the Exile were the same, even those who chose the same ending.

While your LS Exile may have been a care-bear hippie, a Jedi/Republic fanboy and a Mr. Popular with his/her companions, some people’s LS Exile may have disliked his/her companions, the Jedi Masters and the Republic, but saw them as indispensable to stop the Sith threat of TSL.

While your LS Revan may have been a care-bear hippie, a Jedi/Republic fanboy and romanced with Bastila or Carth, some people’s LS Revan may have disliked his/her companions, hated the Jedi and the Republic, but just sided with them and helped them destroy the Star Forge because he/she hates Bastila and the Sith that have been trying to kill him/her all through the game, so he/she would never side with them!

While you could keep such details ambiguous; if you do, you are limiting what they can do in the story.

Either you keep details about Revan and the Exile’s choices in the previous games ambiguous (that would be difficult), or you force some canon aspects about them (for example, LS Revan romanced with Bastila or Carth, redeemed Bastila and is a Jedi/Republic fanboy who cares about all his/her companions; DS Exile is a Sith Lord jerk who converted almost all of his/her companions into Dark Jedi.)

So in other words, you could have a “canon DSM/DSF Revan” and have a “canon LSM/LSF Revan” in KotOR III, to make things easier.

The question is, do we really need to see Revan and the Exile in person, and interact with them in KotOR III? Not really. Would it be nice? Yes. Would it be realistic? Only if there is some forced canon aspects about them (like the sound of their voices, what they are wearing, and their lightsabers).

Or you could do what Jediphile did. Use an idea like the civil war idea that has changed them. In other words, Revan was only your character in KotOR, the Exile was only your character in TSL, but before and after, they’re not.

So you select what their genders are, what endings they chose in the previous games, and maybe you select their faces, but during the time of KotOR III, they aren’t the same people they once were.

It wouldn’t make much sense for DS Revan and DS Exile to go LS, but from a plot perspective, vice versa would. The only problem with sort of canonizing Revan and the Exile only during most of KotOR III, is that many people dislike ANY forced canon aspects about them.

For example, I know that there are some people that were pissed to see Bastila alive in TSL if you set Revan as a LSM, because they killed her in KotOR. But personally I don’t mind if they did something along the lines of Jediphile’s idea, because I’ve accepted the fact that pre-KotOR Revan and post-KotOR Revan is not my character, and pre-TSL and post-TSL Exile is not my character.

But still, there will always be the fan-boys (or fan-girls) who must see their precious Revan, and whoever develops KotOR III will have to consider that.

Actually no, they won't have to "consider" anything. All we will likely get is talk, just like TSL did with Revan. Where were all the "fan-boys" when TSL came out whining about not seeing Revan?

It really isn't that important, and causes more headaches than it is actually worth to pull off. We will certainly hear about both Revan and the Exile in a potential K3, but to actually 'see' them... doubtful.

Actually no, they won't have to "consider" anything. All we will likely get is talk, just like TSL did with Revan. Where were all the "fan-boys" when TSL came out whining about not seeing Revan?

It really isn't that important, and causes more headaches than it is actually worth to pull off. We will certainly hear about both Revan and the Exile in a potential K3, but to actually 'see' them... doubtful.

I think the way round it is to have in dialogue that the Exile sacrificied his/her life to save Revan and have Revan fully suited up and Grey this removing any continuity problems.

I think that when Revan regained all of his/her memories, He would have gone to the light regardless because, when he fell or sacrificed himself to the dark side things spiraled out of control and he lost sight of his mission. Or, he/she would have fallen back to the dark side believing it to be the only way to save the galaxy. Either way Revan wore the gray jumpsuit, mask, and cape even when he/she was a jedi, so he/she would just wear that and they would just need 2 voice actors.

And, I think either way the Exile would follow Revan. Or out of spite and distrust go the opposite way and likely die towards the beginning of the game.

So I think they could canonize what happened to them after the end of their games with out jeopardizing what we did with them in their games, and only include the previous characters that would likely be still alive no matter what the gender/alignment of the characters.

Like I have said in the past, it is the actions of Revan/Exile and the repercussions of them that are important.

That's because they SAW Revan.
But that wasn't really Revan, nor was it relevant to current events.

That's because they SAW Revan.

As a ghost, in a tomb, but yeah, they saw him. :)

I will quote Prime here...

But that wasn't really Revan, nor was it relevant to current events.

Like I have said in the past, it is the actions of Revan/Exile and the repercussions of them that are important.

Exactly.

For once, I feel I must disagree with Prime and RedHawke. While Revan's story would have been complete if it had ended with the original game, K2 came along and had to expand Revan's role in the unfolding events of the galaxy. If the "true Sith" are going to play as big a role in the future of the KotOR series as Kreia seems to suggest, than Revan and the Exile's stories are far from complete.

It would be like watching The Empire Strikes Back, and having the series end just as Leia and Lando escape Cloud City without ever seeing Luke again after leaving Dagobah.

That being said, I don't particularly care to play as Revan or the Exile again in any potential KotOR3. Let me know what became of them and that's all I care about.

For once, I feel I must disagree with Prime and RedHawke. While Revan's story would have been complete if it had ended with the original game, K2 came along and had to expand Revan's role in the unfolding events of the galaxy. If the "true Sith" are going to play as big a role in the future of the KotOR series as Kreia seems to suggest, than Revan and the Exile's stories are far from complete.

Revan's role wasn't 'expanded' in TSL... all we do is find out tidbits about Revan's motives for doing what Revan did before the first KotOR and having Revan dissappear after the events of the first KotOR (Regardless of the ending). Hardly suitable to call that an 'expansion of Revan's role'.

Sorry, I just don't see Revan's role as 'expanded upon' in TSL. Actually I see TSL as the final chapter of Revan's impact as the fact is that TSL had Revan dissappearing, no matter the LS or DS ending of K1.

Given his popularity I think Revan would almost have to be in the game in some form or another, even if he's only mentioned and appears as a vision like in Sith Lords. Ditto for the Exile, a lot of people can live without seeing Juhani or GOTO again but not her.

Hmmm, with whether Revan cared for his companions and what not, is there any reason why every little detail like this has to be put in? Why not just have Revan display his utterly awesome skill with a lightsaber against someone the PC is fighting or something, have some dislogue that goes along the lines of why he fights, his feelings for Bastila and the Exile and leave it at that? Do we really need him to go all emo about looking out for Mission, or not, after the destruction of Taris?

Hmmm, with whether Revan cared for his companions and what not, is there any reason why every little detail like this has to be put in? Why not just have Revan display his utterly awesome skill with a lightsaber against someone the PC is fighting or something, have some dislogue that goes along the lines of why he fights, his feelings for Bastila and the Exile and leave it at that?

1.) Revan can be a female, so her feelings for Carth should be explored as well...

2.) I do think Revan's feelings towards certain partymembers is very relevant because it is an option in-game that a lot of people chose to explore, so it is very relevant that we get to find out what became of those partymembers as well as Revan. Same goes for Exile, in my opinion. I have a lot of time invested in the relationships of Revan with her partymembers as well as Exile with her partymembers, so I wouldn't want that all simply glossed over just because...

I think the way round it is to have in dialogue that the Exile sacrificied his/her life to save Revan and have Revan fully suited up and Grey this removing any continuity problems.

While I fully admit that I am not as fond of Exile as I am Revan, I still wouldn't want this scenario. I don't want her (Exile) to have died anywhere trying to help Revan out or something. Exile's fate is just as important to me as Revan's fate--maybe not in the same way, but I wouldn't want to learn she died after TSL ended. I don't dislike her that much.

It would be cool to have all these options explored, and I think with today's technology they should be able to make it that they have a Revan or Exile that looks like your Revan or Exile and through the choices you make and how you define them throughout the game their personality is how you see them. For the sake of just having Revan appear however they can excise all that. "I want the Sith. They've thrown the galaxy into hell and they will pay for it." While that might be more along the lines of Jedi Malek that the tactical cunning of his master, what more explanation or justification do we need from LS Revan? Throw in some sappy comments on loving Bastila (or Carth, or even Juhani) and most fans will have their cake and eat it too.

Note that's most fans, not the ones like me who would write Revan\Mission comics in the style of Wolverine\Jubilee if I had the talent to do so.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I want either Revan or Exile voiced or even shown without a mask of some sort in the game, because I am completely sure that would get screwed up somehow (as in using the wrong face that I picture for either Revan or Exile, or the wrong voice, etc...) but I do think that Revan and Exile should be in the game (if it is ever made :rolleyes: ) somehow, and not like Revan was in TSL--a "vision". I'd personally like to see either/or in the game with a more relevant part of the overall story than Revan was depicted in TSL. But, of course, this is just what I hope for...

Revan appearing after the game has enough information to accurately guess how they look and act, voiced by Reno Romano or whoever female Revan was, dolling out explicit details on why he fights, his companions and anything else remotely interesting in a decidedly non emo way FTW. Chances of that happening?

Do Revan really need a voice? He revealed a lot about himself when his ghost shrugged at me and then tried to kill me in the tomb. We can have it like the talking with Nihilus, but without his langauge. Let us fill in the blanks...

No need to worry on continituy problems, as the FACT that a person is going DS is already going to declare the whole game uncanon. I mean, in K1, the DS Revan destroys everything and the Star Forge remains intact. And then, they said Revan fled the Sith Empire, let the entire Sith destroy each other, and nobody ever can use the Star Forge.

...Now, does that matter? Nope. But such flavor information provides the illusion of choice, which I think is what we really want. Actual choice just waste time that could really be spent on making the story better.

Maybe it's not strictly necessary, but I'd sure like it if Revan could appear in the game and speak as well. And since Revan's voice was indeed set in KotOR, I don't see why that would not be necessary. I'd also count myself among those who accept a fixed voice for the exile (with optional gender), even though the exile had no such voice in TSL.

Archived