Am I the only one...

Negative Sun

Did you like the JKA storyline?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the JKA storyline?

• Yeah it was cool, though Rosh is an ***
    • Meh
    • No it smells like donkey poo!

Haha in all honesty I haven't played through all of it, but just last week I started again, and now I'm on the mission to save Rosh from captivity.

The gameplay is fricken amazing, and sure the storyline doesn't compare to KotOR's, but yeah, I like it.

It was quite good, though the Dark/light side choice sucked. It would have been cool if you didn't get to choose and the path you take is Dependant on your actions throughout the rest of the game. For example how many people you killed when you didn't have to. how many people you tortured with lightning. Mind you, most people would have never seen the light ending if that was the case.

The storyline was pretty good. Better than the prequels, at any rate. Not that that's saying much.

The light/dark choice was too isolated and abrupt, as Hill stated. However, it was still a nice moment, not least because Rosh was so annoying that it was genuinely tempting to kill him and turn to the dark side.

So I for one felt a genuine internal conflict raging before I finally spared the oik. Cut it how you like, that's good drama. ;)

I thought thought the story was ok (though quite inferior to Jedi Outcast) and the gameplay was great. I still can't get over the fact that the female Jaden is voice-acted by Jennifer Hale (Bastila, KotOR). She doesn't sound at all the same. The worst thing about the game is Jaden's lines.

"That's Jedi KNIGHT, Ragnos"

That's just awful. He's so immature.

I only wish I could have had the option to kill Rosh, but remain on the light. He was just so frickin annoying!

The storyline was pretty good. Better than the prequels, at any rate. Not that that's saying much.

I thought that the main thing wrong with the prequels was the dialogue. The actual story is excellent, in my opinion. Jedi Academy's story is sort of like a throwaway because it forks into two sections. The story isn't as much about Kyle as it is about his Apprentice. Since the player essentially makes the character, there is little solid ground upon which to ubild upon, in terms of character development, since the engine still runs in tradition Q3/JO mode and not the marvelous complexity of the KotOR series, character development and dialogue are extremely limited.

Archived